FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Mapping Fingerprint Scanner to power on moto g5

81 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By O.P.P, Member on 3rd April 2019, 09:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
My power button doesn't work so the only way to power on my phone is by adb. I unlock android with the fingerprint scanner. So can I boot up the device with the finger print scanner?

4th April 2019, 09:28 AM |#2  
Flag Bansk√° Bystrica
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.P.P

My power button doesn't work so the only way to power on my phone is by adb. I unlock android with the fingerprint scanner. So can I boot up the device with the finger print scanner?

No, but you can boot into the OS using fastboot actually. Press and keep holding volume down button, while connecting USB cable to your phone. Then, enter "fastboot reboot" (assuming you have fastboot drivers installed). Your phone will reboot immediately.
26th April 2019, 12:55 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.P.P

Haven't tested it but it looks like he can not only lock and unlock his phone but also go to power menu with fingerprint. If you can also boot the phone when it's powered off idk.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WDINNp8dkMY
10th May 2019, 12:18 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It's possible but....
In theory if you create a stand by mode, just to keep minimal power to feed the power of finger print device, it's possible...
...For Cray Computer Staff
Imagine if you install red led on reader, and when power on , appears on the bootanimation E.T the extraterrestrial showing his red finger and saying on a good "MP4 BOOTANIMATION" E.T PHONE HOME Hahahahaha!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)