Official Oreo 8.1 update for Moto g5 has arrived (Indian) region

Search This thread

A5hupnk

Aug 21, 2014
Hello guys finally today I've received received the much awaited oreo 8.1 update for moto g5. This is not any trick for flashing ota update, this is official OTA of which i received a update notification today. Plz check the attached SS. I'm finally satisfied and happy with this moto product :laugh: :good:
Mine is Indian unit from amazon on retin channel.

This is the offical info link in the update:
https://motorola-mobility-en-xp.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/133245

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018_09_21_23_58_57.jpg
    Screenshot_2018_09_21_23_58_57.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 1,134
Last edited:

Andrej_SK

Jan 10, 2018
Banská Bystrica
Hello guys finally today I've received received the much awaited oreo 8.1 update for moto g5. This is not any trick for flashing ota update, this is official OTA of which i received a update notification today. Plz check the attached SS. I'm finally satisfied and happy with this moto product :laugh: :good:
Mine is Indian unit from amazon on retin channel.

This is the offical info link in the update:
https://motorola-mobility-en-xp.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/133245

How does a phone behave after the update (in comparison with Nougat)? Do you find it smoother - less laggy or faster? Btw, is it possible to enable dark theme somewhere in Settings? I was unable to find it in soak test builds.

Last edited:

A5hupnk

Aug 21, 2014
I just updated it and it's been 10mins into update and I'm officially lovingggggggg it :victory::laugh::fingers-crossed::angel:

The UI, the notification controls and theme all is great. As u can see the quick setting panel also have dark theme...however idk if its daytime auto switching or is there any option to enable it but right now it's enabled and I'm happy to find this option.
I'll post more as i evaluate more :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018_09_22_01_12_58.jpg
    Screenshot_2018_09_22_01_12_58.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 975
  • Screenshot_2018_09_22_01_14_07.jpg
    Screenshot_2018_09_22_01_14_07.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 940

A5hupnk

Aug 21, 2014
Some new actions have been added to the Moto Actions App.
There isn't any dark theme option however the quicksettings panel in notification bar changes to dark colour based on wallpaper's colour.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018_09_22_01_23_22.jpg
    Screenshot_2018_09_22_01_23_22.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 560

A5hupnk

Aug 21, 2014
Then i guess its the same things that have been included in the final release.
The phone is now more responsive even the fingerprint scanner is faster than before (i loved this one especially)
And the ui is smooth and crisp and has less lag (no lag encountered so far)

Andrej_SK

Jan 10, 2018
Banská Bystrica
Nope i don't knw how to do that sorry :(

Never mind. Hopefully, someone another will capture the OTA.

And the ui is smooth and crisp and has less lag (no lag encountered so far)
Could you test an unlock animation with any app opened (like Settings, Dialer etc.) and animation of notification bar pulldown with YouTube full screen playback in the background, please? I remember, I encountered lag especially there with latest Oreo soak test build. Hopefully it's better optimized now.

Last edited:

A5hupnk

Aug 21, 2014
Never mind. Hopefully, someone another will capture the OTA.

Could you test an unlock animation with any app opened (like Settings, Dialer etc.) and animation of notification bar pulldown with YouTube full screen playback in the background, please? I remember, I encountered lag especially there with latest Oreo soak test build. Hopefully it's better optimized now.

Yes tested no lag whatsoever:
1) unlock with youyube playing
2) chrome with 56-70 tabs opened and still working smooth
3)music player and oine radio streaming and then unlocking without lag

I think the may lag if we run heavy games on it but i dont have any so i can't tell.... As far as normal-heavy usage the phone is working better than before thats for sure.

Which variant you have?

I have amazon version on retin channel.

Andrej_SK

Jan 10, 2018
Banská Bystrica
Yes tested no lag whatsoever:
1) unlock with youyube playing
2) chrome with 56-70 tabs opened and still working smooth
3)music player and oine radio streaming and then unlocking without lag

I think the may lag if we run heavy games on it but i dont have any so i can't tell.... As far as normal-heavy usage the phone is working better than before thats for sure..

Thank you for your effort :)
Btw, it seems to be that quick settings color change is based on wallpaper darkness. You can see it in this video https://youtu.be/Qoo8Ao0gems?t=236. :)

Jan 27, 2015
My moto g5 has amzin software channel , so can i switch to retin software channel in moto g5 .if yes how and no why not ?

Bcoz if you update to different channel you will not able to get any ota update in future maybe there will be some bug that can soft brack your phone.
But don't panic if you know how to flash official firmware using fastboot then you can do bcoz once amzin one comes you can flash it. If not I will not suggest you to flash another channel firmware

Top Liked Posts