Infinite thanks to @wzedlare, and the other persons and devs that helped us. Im gonna request to mods to close this thread
And over again thanks to all! I'm so happy now!
On certain devices a series of binaries, shell/ADB commands are not working correctly.
Most of the time when one of these binaries I invoked the crash with a "Segmentation fault" error (SIGEGV 11). If the command/binarie is executed multiple times, at some point it works without the error. (1 of 30 times approximately).
These commands/binaries are very important for Root applications, but are not limited to them.
As a result many applications that need ROOT work very sporadically, and some not root apps are affected too.
If you are suffering the same problem, please share your logcats, the app or the command affected, and your device model, in order to get more information about the problem to help the devs and other users.
So far all customs ROMs for Cedric are affected. It appears to be related to a Cedric variant with Dual SIM, removable battery and 3GB of RAM. Mostly sold in Europe trough Amazon.
- SuperSu and MagikSU(all versions): Devices rooted with Magisk or SuperSu, suffer from the error almost every time that SU binarir is invoked. The visible symptom is that although according the info provided by the application (Magisk manager says that the device is correctly rooted), the requests to get root permission will not popup because the binarie is crash almost 29 to 30 times. As a result these options for root are almost useless.
- LineageOS SU By itself works correctly, the binarie will not crash, but the other commands still will be affected. Is the most funtional root option for affected devices!!
- Secure Settings, BetterBattery stats, AutoTools ADB commands to Grant permissions can be executed multiple times. Once authorized, they work correctly.
- Super Doze To change doze settings you need to press apply button multiple times. There is no way to know when the change was actually applied except using ADB.
- Nap Time it's useless to change doze settings, but force doze is working.
- Greenify, Servicely The will pop out an error every time that trying to stop every single app. In short they are useles.
- Titanium BackUp and Link2SD To freeze or unfreeze an app you must tap multiples times until it work.
- Disable Services Tap multiple times until it work.
- LiveBoot After installed it will work only 1/30 reboots (Useless)
- adb backup
- Magisk Su, and Super Su
I'm not a developer. I created this topic to help other users, to find a workarounds to the error. I'm not a developer. I created this topic to help other users, to find a way to dodge the error.
In addition I hope to raise awareness about this problem and help the devs with the information that is recopiled.
Series of post in LineageOS Thread talking about the issue: https://forum.xda-developers.com/g5/...3611973/page48
Tipical Crash message after invoking a command:
08-23 19:04:28.670 12408 12408 I chatty : uid=0(root) app_process expire 847 lines
08-23 19:04:28.694 11748 11748 W Atfwd_Sendcmd: AtCmdFwd service not published, waiting... retryCnt : 4
08-23 19:04:28.715 12408 12408 F libc : Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1, fault addr 0x9c in tid 12408 (app_process)
08-23 19:04:28.716 402 402 I chatty : uid=0(root) /system/bin/debuggerd expire 2 lines
08-23 19:04:28.777 12410 12410 F DEBUG : *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
08-23 19:04:28.778 12410 12410 F DEBUG : LineageOS Version: '14.1-20170811-UNOFFICIAL-cedric'
08-23 19:04:28.778 12410 12410 F DEBUG : Build fingerprint: 'motorola/lineage_cedric/cedric:7.1.2/NJH47F/43d07c81c5:userdebug/test-keys'
08-23 19:04:28.778 12410 12410 F DEBUG : Revision: '0'
08-23 19:04:28.778 12410 12410 F DEBUG : ABI: 'arm'
08-23 19:04:28.778 12410 12410 F DEBUG : pid: 12408, tid: 12408, name: app_process >>> app_process