FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unlock Bootloader in Lenovo Moto G5

117 posts
Thanks Meter: 72
 
By Suman117, Senior Member on 29th March 2017, 08:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread





Downloads



Steps To Unlock Bootloader


  1. First, enable the Developer option in your setting Go to Settings>About Phone> tap in Built Number multiple times un till the toast You are a developer now appears.
  2. Now Go to Developer option it will appear in Settings and find and enable OEM Unlock by sliding the button. A warning will appear just Confirm that.
  3. Turn Off Your smartphone.
  4. Press Volume Button and Power button simultaneously and hold it for few seconds. This will boot your device into fast boot mode.
  5. Now Open the ADB Tool Folder and Go to SDK> Platform Tools and right click pressing the Shift Key on your Keyboard and select Open Command here.
  6. Connect your device via USB cable ( good quality cable suggested for uninterrupted use).
  7. Type the command adb device you will see a serial number in the comment prompt screen if not then you missed some step.
  8. Now go to website Click here. Read the information given if you wish and click on Next button to proceed next step.
  9. You the Page will ask you to sign incomplete the process by signing with you Motorolla account or Google Account.
  10. Now go the Command Prompt and type fastboot oem get_unlock_data.
  11. Now a new serial code will appear in your command prompt screen you have to copy the entire code.
  12. Now open this link and paste the code in the tool. then select the entire code and paste that code in point 6 on Moto require Unlock Tool Website.
  13. Now Click on the I Agree Button a Get Unlock Code will appear on the screen.
  14. Click on the Button.
  15. An Unlock Code will appear.
  16. Now again go to the Command Prompt screen and type fast oem unlock ************. “*****” will replace your unique key.
A warning screen will appear in command just retype the same command and hit enter.


Done!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suman117 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Suman117 Ad-Free
 
 
31st March 2017, 05:37 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
but... WHY?
2nd April 2017, 12:30 PM |#3  
Mike_Wasawsky's Avatar
Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Done. Thanks for the instructions
18th April 2017, 12:36 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Is it possible to relock the bootloader after unlocking for model XT1675
14th July 2017, 06:10 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
what should I do if the message with the unlock code never reached to my mail?
14th July 2017, 08:00 PM |#6  
TheFixItMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,818
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazasanchez1

what should I do if the message with the unlock code never reached to my mail?


Check junk mail
Resend code
Start again
Use different email from another provider
The Following User Says Thank You to TheFixItMan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheFixItMan Ad-Free
18th July 2017, 05:32 AM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thank's alot for the response, the mail came 1 hour later
24th July 2017, 01:15 PM |#8  
plewis1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 80
 
More
When I type adb device I the following,
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb device
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.36
Revision 0e9850346394-android

-a - directs adb to listen on all interfaces for a c
onnection
-d - directs command to the only connected USB devic
e
returns an error if more than one USB device is
present.
-e - directs command to the only running emulator.
returns an error if more than one emulator is r
unning.
-s <specific device> - directs command to the device or emulator with
the given
serial number or qualifier. Overrides ANDROID_S
ERIAL
environment variable.
-p <product name or path> - simple product name like 'sooner', or
a relative/absolute path to a product
out directory like 'out/target/product/sooner'.

If -p is not specified, the ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT

environment variable is used, which must
be an absolute path.
-H - Name of adb server host (default: localhost)
-P - Port of adb server (default: 5037)
devices [-l] - list all connected devices
('-l' will also list device qualifiers)
connect <host>[:<port>] - connect to a device via TCP/IP
Port 5555 is used by default if no port number
is specified.
disconnect [<host>[:<port>]] - disconnect from a TCP/IP device.
Port 5555 is used by default if no port number
is specified.
Using this command with no additional arguments

will disconnect from all connected TCP/IP devic
es.

device commands:
adb push <local>... <remote>
- copy files/dirs to device
adb pull [-a] <remote>... <local>
- copy files/dirs from device
(-a preserves file timestamp and mode)
adb sync [ <directory> ] - copy host->device only if changed
(-l means list but don't copy)
adb shell [-e escape] [-n] [-Tt] [-x] [command]
- run remote shell command (interactive shell if
no command given)
(-e: choose escape character, or "none"; defaul
t '~')
(-n: don't read from stdin)
(-T: disable PTY allocation)
(-t: force PTY allocation)
(-x: disable remote exit codes and stdout/stder
r separation)
adb emu <command> - run emulator console command
adb logcat [ <filter-spec> ] - View device log
adb forward --list - list all forward socket connections.
the format is a list of lines with the followin
g format:
<serial> " " <local> " " <remote> "\n"
adb forward <local> <remote> - forward socket connections
forward specs are one of:
tcp:<port>
localabstract:<unix domain socket name>
localreserved:<unix domain socket name>
localfilesystem:<unix domain socket name>
dev:<character device name>
jdwp:<process pid> (remote only)
adb forward --no-rebind <local> <remote>
- same as 'adb forward <local> <remote>' but fail
s
if <local> is already forwarded
adb forward --remove <local> - remove a specific forward socket connection
adb forward --remove-all - remove all forward socket connections
adb reverse --list - list all reverse socket connections from device

adb reverse <remote> <local> - reverse socket connections
reverse specs are one of:
tcp:<port>
localabstract:<unix domain socket name>
localreserved:<unix domain socket name>
localfilesystem:<unix domain socket name>
adb reverse --no-rebind <remote> <local>
- same as 'adb reverse <remote> <local>' but fail
s
if <remote> is already reversed.
adb reverse --remove <remote>
- remove a specific reversed socket connection
adb reverse --remove-all - remove all reversed socket connections from dev
ice
adb jdwp - list PIDs of processes hosting a JDWP transport

adb install [-lrtsdg] <file>
- push this package file to the device and instal
l it
(-l: forward lock application)
(-r: replace existing application)
(-t: allow test packages)
(-s: install application on sdcard)
(-d: allow version code downgrade (debuggable p
ackages only))
(-g: grant all runtime permissions)
adb install-multiple [-lrtsdpg] <file...>
- push this package file to the device and instal
l it
(-l: forward lock application)
(-r: replace existing application)
(-t: allow test packages)
(-s: install application on sdcard)
(-d: allow version code downgrade (debuggable p
ackages only))
(-p: partial application install)
(-g: grant all runtime permissions)
adb uninstall [-k] <package> - remove this app package from the device
('-k' means keep the data and cache directories
)
adb bugreport [<path>] - return all information from the device that sho
uld be included in a zipped bug report.
If <path> is a file, the bug report will be sav
ed as that file.
If <path> is a directory, the bug report will b
e saved in that directory with the name provided by the device.
If <path> is omitted, the bug report will be sa
ved in the current directory with the name provided by the device.
NOTE: if the device does not support zipped bug
reports, the bug report will be output on stdout.
adb backup [-f <file>] [-apk|-noapk] [-obb|-noobb] [-shared|-noshared] [-all]
[-system|-nosystem] [<packages...>]
- write an archive of the device's data to <file>
.
If no -f option is supplied then the data is wr
itten
to "backup.ab" in the current directory.
(-apk|-noapk enable/disable backup of the .apks
themselves
in the archive; the default is noapk.)
(-obb|-noobb enable/disable backup of any insta
lled apk expansion
(aka .obb) files associated with each applic
ation; the default
is noobb.)
(-shared|-noshared enable/disable backup of the
device's
shared storage / SD card contents; the defau
lt is noshared.)
(-all means to back up all installed applicatio
ns)
(-system|-nosystem toggles whether -all automat
ically includes
system applications; the default is to inclu
de system apps)
(<packages...> is the list of applications to b
e backed up. If
the -all or -shared flags are passed, then t
he package
list is optional. Applications explicitly g
iven on the
command line will be included even if -nosys
tem would
ordinarily cause them to be omitted.)

adb restore <file> - restore device contents from the <file> backup
archive

adb disable-verity - disable dm-verity checking on USERDEBUG builds
adb enable-verity - re-enable dm-verity checking on USERDEBUG build
s
adb keygen <file> - generate adb public/private key. The private ke
y is stored in <file>,
and the public key is stored in <file>.pub. Any
existing files
are overwritten.
adb help - show this help message
adb version - show version num

scripting:
adb wait-for[-<transport>]-<state>
- wait for device to be in the given state:
device, recovery, sideload, or bootloader
Transport is: usb, local or any [default=any]
adb start-server - ensure that there is a server running
adb kill-server - kill the server if it is running
adb get-state - prints: offline | bootloader | device
adb get-serialno - prints: <serial-number>
adb get-devpath - prints: <device-path>
adb remount - remounts the /system, /vendor (if present) and
/oem (if present) partitions on the device read-write
adb reboot [bootloader|recovery]
- reboots the device, optionally into the bootloa
der or recovery program.
adb reboot sideload - reboots the device into the sideload mode in re
covery program (adb root required).
adb reboot sideload-auto-reboot
- reboots into the sideload mode, then reboots au
tomatically after the sideload regardless of the result.
adb sideload <file> - sideloads the given package
adb root - restarts the adbd daemon with root permissions
adb unroot - restarts the adbd daemon without root permissio
ns
adb usb - restarts the adbd daemon listening on USB
adb tcpip <port> - restarts the adbd daemon listening on TCP on th
e specified port

networking:
adb ppp <tty> [parameters] - Run PPP over USB.
Note: you should not automatically start a PPP connection.
<tty> refers to the tty for PPP stream. Eg. dev:/dev/omap_csmi_tty1
[parameters] - Eg. defaultroute debug dump local notty usepeerdns

adb sync notes: adb sync [ <directory> ]
<localdir> can be interpreted in several ways:

- If <directory> is not specified, /system, /vendor (if present), /oem (if pre
sent) and /data partitions will be updated.

- If it is "system", "vendor", "oem" or "data", only the corresponding partiti
on
is updated.

internal debugging:
adb reconnect Kick current connection from host side and make
it reconnect.
adb reconnect device Kick current connection from device side and ma
ke it reconnect.
environment variables:
ADB_TRACE - Print debug information. A comma separated list
of the following values
1 or all, adb, sockets, packets, rwx, usb, sync
, sysdeps, transport, jdwp
ANDROID_SERIAL - The serial number to connect to. -s takes prior
ity over this if given.
ANDROID_LOG_TAGS - When used with the logcat option, only these de
bug tags are printed.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>

and if i type the get unlock data command i get waiting for any device, does anyone know what the problem could be as i have the drivers installed from the Motorola site

sorry about the big post

EDIT, PROBLEM FOUND MY DRIVERS ARE NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY
24th July 2017, 05:10 PM |#9  
TheFixItMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,818
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plewis1981

When I type adb device I the following,
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb device
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.36
Revision 0e9850346394-android


-a - directs adb to listen on all interfaces for a c
onnection
-d - directs command to the only connected USB devic
e
returns an error if more than one USB device is
present.
-e - directs command to the only running emulator.
returns an error if more than one emulator is r
unning.
-s <specific device> - directs command to the device or emulator with
the given
serial number or qualifier. Overrides ANDROID_S
ERIAL
environment variable.
-p <product name or path> - simple product name like 'sooner', or
a relative/absolute path to a product
out directory like 'out/target/product/sooner'.

If -p is not specified, the ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT

environment variable is used, which must
be an absolute path.
-H - Name of adb server host (default: localhost)
-P - Port of adb server (default: 5037)
devices [-l] - list all connected devices
('-l' will also list device qualifiers)
connect <host>[:<port>] - connect to a device via TCP/IP
Port 5555 is used by default if no port number
is specified.
disconnect [<host>[:<port>]] - disconnect from a TCP/IP device.
Port 5555 is used by default if no port number
is specified.
Using this command with no additional arguments

will disconnect from all connected TCP/IP devic
es.

device commands:
adb push <local>... <remote>
- copy files/dirs to device
adb pull [-a] <remote>... <local>
- copy files/dirs from device
(-a preserves file timestamp and mode)
adb sync [ <directory> ] - copy host->device only if changed
(-l means list but don't copy)
adb shell [-e escape] [-n] [-Tt] [-x] [command]
- run remote shell command (interactive shell if
no command given)
(-e: choose escape character, or "none"; defaul
t '~')
(-n: don't read from stdin)
(-T: disable PTY allocation)
(-t: force PTY allocation)
(-x: disable remote exit codes and stdout/stder
r separation)
adb emu <command> - run emulator console command
adb logcat [ <filter-spec> ] - View device log
adb forward --list - list all forward socket connections.
the format is a list of lines with the followin
g format:
<serial> " " <local> " " <remote> "\n"
adb forward <local> <remote> - forward socket connections
forward specs are one of:
tcp:<port>
localabstract:<unix domain socket name>
localreserved:<unix domain socket name>
localfilesystem:<unix domain socket name>
dev:<character device name>
jdwp:<process pid> (remote only)
adb forward --no-rebind <local> <remote>
- same as 'adb forward <local> <remote>' but fail
s
if <local> is already forwarded
adb forward --remove <local> - remove a specific forward socket connection
adb forward --remove-all - remove all forward socket connections
adb reverse --list - list all reverse socket connections from device

adb reverse <remote> <local> - reverse socket connections
reverse specs are one of:
tcp:<port>
localabstract:<unix domain socket name>
localreserved:<unix domain socket name>
localfilesystem:<unix domain socket name>
adb reverse --no-rebind <remote> <local>
- same as 'adb reverse <remote> <local>' but fail
s
if <remote> is already reversed.
adb reverse --remove <remote>
- remove a specific reversed socket connection
adb reverse --remove-all - remove all reversed socket connections from dev
ice
adb jdwp - list PIDs of processes hosting a JDWP transport

adb install [-lrtsdg] <file>
- push this package file to the device and instal
l it
(-l: forward lock application)
(-r: replace existing application)
(-t: allow test packages)
(-s: install application on sdcard)
(-d: allow version code downgrade (debuggable p
ackages only))
(-g: grant all runtime permissions)
adb install-multiple [-lrtsdpg] <file...>
- push this package file to the device and instal
l it
(-l: forward lock application)
(-r: replace existing application)
(-t: allow test packages)
(-s: install application on sdcard)
(-d: allow version code downgrade (debuggable p
ackages only))
(-p: partial application install)
(-g: grant all runtime permissions)
adb uninstall [-k] <package> - remove this app package from the device
('-k' means keep the data and cache directories
)
adb bugreport [<path>] - return all information from the device that sho
uld be included in a zipped bug report.
If <path> is a file, the bug report will be sav
ed as that file.
If <path> is a directory, the bug report will b
e saved in that directory with the name provided by the device.
If <path> is omitted, the bug report will be sa
ved in the current directory with the name provided by the device.
NOTE: if the device does not support zipped bug
reports, the bug report will be output on stdout.
adb backup [-f <file>] [-apk|-noapk] [-obb|-noobb] [-shared|-noshared] [-all]
[-system|-nosystem] [<packages...>]
- write an archive of the device's data to <file>
.
If no -f option is supplied then the data is wr
itten
to "backup.ab" in the current directory.
(-apk|-noapk enable/disable backup of the .apks
themselves
in the archive; the default is noapk.)
(-obb|-noobb enable/disable backup of any insta
lled apk expansion
(aka .obb) files associated with each applic
ation; the default
is noobb.)
(-shared|-noshared enable/disable backup of the
device's
shared storage / SD card contents; the defau
lt is noshared.)
(-all means to back up all installed applicatio
ns)
(-system|-nosystem toggles whether -all automat
ically includes
system applications; the default is to inclu
de system apps)
(<packages...> is the list of applications to b
e backed up. If
the -all or -shared flags are passed, then t
he package
list is optional. Applications explicitly g
iven on the
command line will be included even if -nosys
tem would
ordinarily cause them to be omitted.)

adb restore <file> - restore device contents from the <file> backup
archive

adb disable-verity - disable dm-verity checking on USERDEBUG builds
adb enable-verity - re-enable dm-verity checking on USERDEBUG build
s
adb keygen <file> - generate adb public/private key. The private ke
y is stored in <file>,
and the public key is stored in <file>.pub. Any
existing files
are overwritten.
adb help - show this help message
adb version - show version num

scripting:
adb wait-for[-<transport>]-<state>
- wait for device to be in the given state:
device, recovery, sideload, or bootloader
Transport is: usb, local or any [default=any]
adb start-server - ensure that there is a server running
adb kill-server - kill the server if it is running
adb get-state - prints: offline | bootloader | device
adb get-serialno - prints: <serial-number>
adb get-devpath - prints: <device-path>
adb remount - remounts the /system, /vendor (if present) and
/oem (if present) partitions on the device read-write
adb reboot [bootloader|recovery]
- reboots the device, optionally into the bootloa
der or recovery program.
adb reboot sideload - reboots the device into the sideload mode in re
covery program (adb root required).
adb reboot sideload-auto-reboot
- reboots into the sideload mode, then reboots au
tomatically after the sideload regardless of the result.
adb sideload <file> - sideloads the given package
adb root - restarts the adbd daemon with root permissions
adb unroot - restarts the adbd daemon without root permissio
ns
adb usb - restarts the adbd daemon listening on USB
adb tcpip <port> - restarts the adbd daemon listening on TCP on th
e specified port

networking:
adb ppp <tty> [parameters] - Run PPP over USB.
Note: you should not automatically start a PPP connection.
<tty> refers to the tty for PPP stream. Eg. dev:/dev/omap_csmi_tty1
[parameters] - Eg. defaultroute debug dump local notty usepeerdns

adb sync notes: adb sync [ <directory> ]
<localdir> can be interpreted in several ways:

- If <directory> is not specified, /system, /vendor (if present), /oem (if pre
sent) and /data partitions will be updated.

- If it is "system", "vendor", "oem" or "data", only the corresponding partiti
on
is updated.

internal debugging:
adb reconnect Kick current connection from host side and make
it reconnect.
adb reconnect device Kick current connection from device side and ma
ke it reconnect.
environment variables:
ADB_TRACE - Print debug information. A comma separated list
of the following values
1 or all, adb, sockets, packets, rwx, usb, sync
, sysdeps, transport, jdwp
ANDROID_SERIAL - The serial number to connect to. -s takes prior
ity over this if given.
ANDROID_LOG_TAGS - When used with the logcat option, only these de
bug tags are printed.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>

and if i type the get unlock data command i get waiting for any device, does anyone know what the problem could be as i have the drivers installed from the Motorola site

sorry about the big post

EDIT, PROBLEM FOUND MY DRIVERS ARE NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY



You got that because you typed the command wrong

You typed adb device
It should be adb devices

You missed the s
The Following User Says Thank You to TheFixItMan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheFixItMan Ad-Free
24th July 2017, 05:46 PM |#10  
plewis1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 80
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFixItMan

You got that because you typed the command wrong

You typed adb device
It should be adb devices

You missed the s

Thanks, I also had yellow icon on fastboot cedric in my device manager, had to unplug my phone a few times to get them gone, got my unlock data now just waiting for my code
28th September 2017, 02:08 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
with windows 10 x64 adb devices always gives me a bunch of red error lines of wrong commands,


last motorola was an razr i and from that time i remember motorola and windows 10 never have been good friends, still that or what to do?(
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
unlock bootloader moto g5

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes