Moto G6 Play Jeter RETUS XT1922-9 Pie OTA Update

Search This thread

Jacobgacs

Jul 9, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Does anyone have a link to the Pie OTA update file? I'm stuck on Oreo. I am rooted but want to unroot and go to pie. My bootloader also won't relock for some reason

ninjakira

Nov 6, 2016
batavia, ohio
Does anyone have a link to the Pie OTA update file? I'm stuck on Oreo. I am rooted but want to unroot and go to pie. My bootloader also won't relock for some reason
There no point in relocking your bootloader. Starkiller uploaded the full ota. You need to reflash firmware and dont root it. My guide has the instructions for reflashing stock. After you do that put the ota file in the root of your sd card then go to settings, apps, and find Moto update services and allow it to have access to your sd card. Then go the update Moto software from settings

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- 3Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

But the ota starkiller uploaded is for the boost Mobile variant xt1922-7 not for xt1922-9 sorry I forgot about that. Do not use the ota I mentioned. Best you can do untill your pie update is uploaded on mirrors is either wait for the ota to hit your device then reflash stock firmware then take the pie ota or just wait. Either way you still need to be on unrooted stock firmware. relocking your bootloader does absolutely nothing anymore basically.

Last edited:

RodimusConvoy

Jul 22, 2012
Raleigh
Wait, so if I get the XT1922-9 model (Best Buy/Target) I'll be stuck on Oreo? I guess that's the downside of not getting a carrier-locked phone.

kirkers

Jan 1, 2011
Moto G6 Plus
Moto G7
No Pie on carrier-unlocked phone?

Wait, so if I get the XT1922-9 model (Best Buy/Target) I'll be stuck on Oreo? I guess that's the downside of not getting a carrier-locked phone.

Can anyone confirm this as a fact? I bought an unlocked model XT1922-9 from Lenovo direct.

I actually want to remain on 8/Oreo because 9/Pie blocks call recording apps. :fingers-crossed:

If I got stuck on Pie, I'd have to root in order to get call recording back. I'd rather not bother! :eek:

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
if anyone is bummed Motorola is taking so long to update our unlocked g6 play/wanting updated vendor and stuff to run pie gsi's and looking to flash pie for unlocked retus jeter (xt1922-9,) just flash the USC version on lolinet. Everything I have tested so far works just fine, only thing I have not tested yet is sim(calling, text, data.) My IMEI is still being shown in settings so I'm guessing when I pop in my verizon sim everything will be fine but YMMV. Make sure your bootloader is unlocked first before flashing because the boot.img will give a bad key message but it works fine.
https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/jeter/official/USC/

in about phone, software channel still says US retail even with the USC firmware.

Use the repair guide at the bottom of this post for the fastboot flashing instructions:
https://xdaforums.com/g6-play/how-to/guide-t3929928

Last edited:
Reactions: Handsome Jack

RodimusConvoy

Jul 22, 2012
Raleigh
No you will get the update as well. That ota i posted was just an early test.

Maybe I should have phrased it better. Is Pie coming to this model at all? It seems like Pie is being reserved for carrier-branded phones, perhaps as incentive to get a carrier-branded phone instead of an unlocked non-carrier-branded phone. If that is not the case, is Motorola/Lenovo waiting till the last minute? Cause Android Q will be here in a few months (August).

Starkiller2

May 2, 2018
phoenix
Maybe I should have phrased it better. Is Pie coming to this model at all? It seems like Pie is reserved for carrier-branded phones, perhaps as incentive to get a carrier-branded phone instead of an unlocked non-carrier-branded phone. If that is not the case, is Motorola/Lenovo waiting till the last minute? Cause Android Q will be here in a few months (August).
Some of the other unlocked versions have gotten the update such as the x4. And the G6 Brazil so I don't see why not

dotKin

Jun 19, 2019
Some of the other unlocked versions have gotten the update such as the x4. And the G6 Brazil so I don't see why not
Maybe is something with jeter devices in general and not unlocked devices since aljeter has a lot of devices already in Pie, locked and unlocked. Just saying. I don't know how many jeter versions are in official pie already

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if anyone is bummed Motorola is taking so long to update our unlocked g6 play/wanting updated vendor and stuff to run pie gsi's and looking to flash pie for unlocked retus jeter (xt1922-9,) just flash the USC version on lolinet. Everything I have tested so far works just fine, only thing I have not tested yet is sim(calling, text, data.) My IMEI is still being shown in settings so I'm guessing when I pop in my verizon sim everything will be fine but YMMV. Make sure your bootloader is unlocked first before flashing because the boot.img will give a bad key message but it works fine.
    https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/jeter/official/USC/

in about phone, software channel still says US retail even with the USC firmware.

Use the repair guide at the bottom of this post for the fastboot flashing instructions:
    https://xdaforums.com/g6-play/how-to/guide-t3929928