FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

first soak test pie moto g6 play

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By Brunolav1, Junior Member on 22nd January 2019, 07:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
in a Brazilian community many people have received an update and it is the soak test of Android pie

Can someone capture?
please

This photo is from the community, not mine.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KUUUkmaEtGDknhCW9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NPqNwr5AkEFDfwzJ8
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brunolav1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Brunolav1 Ad-Free

23rd January 2019, 03:34 PM |#2  
Flag Omicron Persei 8
Thanks Meter: 145

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunolav1

in a Brazilian community many people have received an update and it is the soak test of Android pie

Can someone capture?
please

This photo is from the community, not mine.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KUUUkmaEtGDknhCW9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NPqNwr5AkEFDfwzJ8

I've been hunting for this since last night. If I find it, I will link it here. Have you found any more info about it?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spaceminer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spaceminer Ad-Free
23rd January 2019, 06:13 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

More
unfortunately I only found these images in the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceminer

I've been hunting for this since last night. If I find it, I will link it here. Have you found any more info about it?

27th January 2019, 05:31 PM |#4  
Flag Omicron Persei 8

Donate to Me
More
Pie Soak Test!
I found it! Please mirror.

ui_print("Target: motorola/aljeter/aljeter:9/PPP29.41/b1fe5:user/release-keys");

Download

As far as I know, you must be on the Sept. patch. So, you must downgrade firmware first. It also appears to be for the Aljeter only, so I don't know if it'll work on the Jeter.

These installation steps need confirmation. I am not responsible for any bricked devices.

1. Downgrade to OPP27.91-143 first.

2. Extract gpt_main0.bin from the ota zip and flash it in fastboot.

fastboot flash partition gpt_main0.bin

3. Reboot to recovery, and apply the OTA update from your sdcard.

4. Let the system restart. It'll take about 10min.
28th January 2019, 01:35 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
works just fine. followed the instructions exactly and I'm on Pie now. and already loving it. one thing: at the update checking screen, it says my device is no more ellegible for updstes...

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

adding: this is a massive upgrade, hell yeah, I like my phone even more now. it's nice that motorola is really bringing it.
The Following User Says Thank You to blowingoff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blowingoff Ad-Free
28th January 2019, 02:57 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
@blowingoff What model are you running? Jeter or aljeter? Assuming aljeter?
28th January 2019, 10:43 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techboy11

I never know the difference. I know it is XT1922-5.
28th January 2019, 01:06 PM |#8  
Flag Omicron Persei 8

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techboy11

I'm on the Jeter and I can't install it. (xt1922-7) The bootloader rejects the gpt file, which is needed to expand the recovery partition. I'm still searching for Jeter specific firmware.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowingoff

I never know the difference. I know it is XT1922-5.

I feel the same way even when I do know. Motorola did their best to make it as confusing as humanly possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spaceminer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spaceminer Ad-Free
28th January 2019, 02:51 PM |#9  

More
so as you are in Jeter and can't do the update, I suppose mine is aljeter. right?
28th January 2019, 03:18 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

so as you are in Jeter and can't do the update, I suppose mine is aljeter. right?

Yes, from the looks of it that would be the case. I have Jeter and am having the same issue with the bootloader rejecting the gpt file.
28th January 2019, 03:19 PM |#11  
Flag Omicron Persei 8

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes, that should be correct. I think it's both country and carrier dependent. I'm in the US on Virgin Mobile. I know that I can flash any xt1922-x firmware except things related to the bootloader. Those must be Sprint branded or they fail. I can't get Sahara to run on windows 10, otherwise I think I could make them flash anyways.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)