FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS-16.0[Evert][Moto G6 Plus]

1,001 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,774

Post Reply Email Thread
LIneageOS is a free, community built, after-market firmware distribution of Android re-branded CyanogeMod, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project and CyanogenMod with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Warning!!!
  • BackUp EFS partition before installing. .If you lose IMEI , use this backup to retrieve it in future.

Installation
  • Boot the newest TWRP .img
  • Flash copy-partitions-AB.zip from second post. (This will prevent device from getting bricked if you are coming from stock rom for the first time. It takes a backup of active slot to inactive slot)
  • In TWRP, click "Wipe", "Format Data", then type "yes" as prompted.
  • ADB sideload the newest build
  • Reboot to fastboot and do fastboot -w via terminal
  • Boot into "Recovery", this will boot you to either Lineage Recovery or TWRP depending on your choice to install TWRP or not. It is necessary to reboot between ROM flash and GApps/Addon flash due to verity/slot-swap logic.
  • (Optionally) Flash GApps - Only MindTheGApps arm64 are compatible, OpenGApps are not compatible with A/B yet: MindTheGApps.
  • (Optionally) Flash SU - you'll need to turn it on from in developer settings after first boot Lineage OS SU Addon. - Magisk works fine, though is not supported.
  • Reboot
Downloads

Warning
If you are coming from stock ROM and it's your first time flashing lineage, flash copy-partition zip (See second post) unless your device will brick and I'm not responsible

- LineageOS : Unoffical Builds
- TWRP : Get here

Bugs
  • You tell me

Reporting bugs
  • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel
  • DO NOT report bugs if you've modifies system files
  • DO NOT report bugs if you've installed xposed and/or other mods
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    Code:
    adb logcat > logcat.txt
    Code:
    adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt
  • If it is a random reboot, grab kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Code:
    adb shell cat /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues or bugs reported in the lastest 5 pages of this thread. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.
Code:
Phone Informations
* LineageOS version
* Gapps version
What you did:
* Wipe data: y/n
* Upgrade from previous official cm build: y/n
* Restore with titanium backup: y/n
You're using (if yes write which one) :
* Task killer
* Phone cleaner / Battery enhancer apps
* Non-stock kernel
* Modified kernel settings
* Other mods
Bug info:
* Last version it worked on
* Repro steps
F.A.Q.
  • ROOT! ROOT! Give me root or i'll die!!! Where root is???
    First of all DO NOT flash any SuperSu/SuperUser/SuperMan zip package to get root. Go to Settings>Developement Settings>Root access and select "Apps Only"
  • Why no nightly today?
    Build failed. Check again tomorrow
  • When do I have to wipe data?
    You must wipe data only when you're switching from another rom or migrating to Snapshot branch from Nightly and vice versa. You don't need to wipe data when you update in the same release channe (this applies to 13.0 -> 14.1 upgrades too)
  • Will you add <insert awesome feature here>?
    I won't. If you write it, submit a commit to gerrit, where it will be reviewed.

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Kernel Source : Here
[SIZE="5"]

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the Moto G6 Plus

Contributors
rahulsnair, erfanoabdi
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-10-22
Last Updated 2018-12-28
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to rahulsnair For This Useful Post: [ View ]

22nd October 2018, 01:50 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Kottarakkara
Thanks Meter: 2,774

Donate to Me
More
Copy Partition- Initial Setup
Flash the attachement via TWRP
Attached Files
File Type: zip copy-partitions-AB.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.1 KB, 1370 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to rahulsnair For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2018, 06:16 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Fantastic, can't wait to try this! The copy-partition zip seems to be missing though?
22nd October 2018, 07:09 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Awesome! Thank you, can't wait to try it out.

Is the copy partitions zip the same as the one on the Lineage OS 15.1 thread?
The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel47833 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Daniel47833 Ad-Free
22nd October 2018, 09:02 PM |#5  
Flag Ieper
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel47833

Awesome! Thank you, can't wait to try it out.

Is the copy partitions zip the same as the one on the Lineage OS 15.1 thread?

Yes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mietjelan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mietjelan Ad-Free
22nd October 2018, 09:09 PM |#6  

More
"Pixel setup keeps stopping" after flashing Mindthegapps. Which version exactly, am I supposed to use?
22nd October 2018, 09:23 PM |#7  
Flag Mexico
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara-X

"Pixel setup keeps stopping" after flashing Mindthegapps. Which version exactly, am I supposed to use?

When that app stop working select app info, force stop and clear app data.

And try again it'll work

And when you want to restore your stuff it'll show another error: "data transfer stop working" (I don't remember exact name) do the same force stop and clear data but this time allow all the permissions (storage, calls, etc)

Sent from my g(6) plus using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RokCruz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RokCruz Ad-Free
22nd October 2018, 09:49 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RokCruz

When that app stop working select app info, force stop and clear app data.

And try again it'll work

And when you want to restore your stuff it'll show another error: "data transfer stop working" (I don't remember exact name) do the same force stop and clear data but this time allow all the permissions (storage, calls, etc)

Hmm. Clear data is greyed out, can only clear cache and that doesn't help.
22nd October 2018, 09:55 PM |#9  
Flag Mexico
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:

Try with opengapps nano package

22nd October 2018, 10:13 PM |#10  
Flag Washington State
Thanks Meter: 56

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

😀 The data transfer tool and Pixel set up both require notification access. Should solve the issue. 👌👍
23rd October 2018, 02:10 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk35695

The data transfer tool and Pixel set up both require notification access. Should solve the issue.

Hello, how can I give notification access to the pixel set up? I can't find the option
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)