[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 [evert]

Search This thread

JHERAA

Mar 26, 2020
Earth
Moto G6 Plus
Good afternoon.

Trying to install LineageOS 18.1 by these instuctions all I get after the commenad fastboot flash boot:raw recovery-evert.img is Sending 'boot:raw' (24469 KB) then nothing happends. Anyone got an idea?
I had the exact same problem and I still don't know why this happens. I was able to fix it though by first unplugging the phone, then enter the command and then plugging phone back in and it should send right away. The problem may be the computer you could try another one. In my case I was not able to install lineagos so easily because the phone was always encrypted and I could never access the zip file in twrp. I don't remember what exactly was the problem but I tried a lot of times and it wouldn't work. My solution for this was to install everything via adb sideload command and twrp sideload function. Hope this helps!

Merkwuerdig

May 24, 2021
That's strange, no issues here with LTE. I will definitely look into it tho. And yes, I will create a new thread for 18.1 today or tomorrow

Thanks for the heads up. Strange that you guys are having this issue. I've had builds posted for months prior to official Lineage 18.1 release and never once has any mentioned any issues regarding LTE. And if I myself had had such an issue, which I can't seem to reproduce, then it would have long been fixed. Regardless, I'll look into this and update you guys with info as I know more and have a chance to look at logs.
Hi, I like this ROM really much. The only thing bothering me is the issue with LTE. Did you have the opportunity to take a closer look at it?

Reactions: marciste

1markus

Apr 16, 2020
Update to lineage-18.1-20210706-nightly-evert

VOLTE is still not working!

- LTE is working fine and i have internet access but cannot make a call
Networktypes
LTE/TD-SCDMA/CDMA/EvDo/GSM
LTE/TD-SCDMA/GSM

- only edge for internet, but can make a call
Networktype TD-SCDMA/CDMA/EvDo/GSM

It does show VOLTE provsioned in "*#*#4636#*#*".

PlsHelpXDA

Sep 21, 2020
Hello xda, i try to install Lineage 18.1 to moto g6 plus.
https://download.lineageos.org/evert -> last rom from 2021-07-06

I came from stock rom, but I dont see/read the instruction to install LOS from https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/evert/install => Pre-install instruction

I have make a full wipe, clear stock rom, install twrp on slot a and b, and in twrp I install the LOS-zip/nikgapps (core) Unfortunetly, LOS dont boot, I see the boot animation from los for a long time, but this OS will not start.

What can I try to boot LOS perfectly?

Sorry for this survival english
Best greatings

PlsHelpXDA

Sep 21, 2020
Hello XDA,
I am back to last stock rom (PPW29.116-20-28 07/2020) and try again
Bootloader is unlock
following commands I have used

(https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/evert/install)

fastboot flash boot lineage-18.1-20210706-recovery-evert.img
fastboot boot lineage-18.1-20210706-recovery-evert.img
“Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB"
adb sideload copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip
Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset
adb sideload lineage-18.1-20210706-nightly-evert-signed.zip
Advanced, Reboot to Recovery
adb sideload “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB"

reboot

After reboot I see only the bootanimation from Lineage, but not OS
Where is the fail? Can somebody help me? Step by Step install?

Best regards

marciste

Mar 28, 2016
Moto G5S
Moto G6 Plus
Hello XDA,
I am back to last stock rom (PPW29.116-20-28 07/2020) and try again
Bootloader is unlock
following commands I have used

(https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/evert/install)

fastboot flash boot lineage-18.1-20210706-recovery-evert.img
fastboot boot lineage-18.1-20210706-recovery-evert.img
adb sideload copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip
Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset
Advanced, Reboot to Recovery
adb sideload “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB"

reboot

After reboot I see only the bootanimation from Lineage, but not OS
Where is the fail? Can somebody help me? Step by Step install?

Best regards
How long did you wait? It can take at least up to five minutes at first start. Did uyou se copy-partitions zip file? Did you set partitions a b correctly, like it's described in this thread on the first site?

Best regards

PlsHelpXDA

Sep 21, 2020
Hello @marciste

thanks for your answer, I have wait aprox. 30 minutes, in 2. way/thread I have sideload the copy-partotions.zip. I don't know, that I set die partitions correctly. I have also try flash with twrp an have use partition a/b. At present Im back to lastest stock rom​

Kind regards

1markus

Apr 16, 2020
Hello @marciste

thanks for your answer, I have wait aprox. 30 minutes, in 2. way/thread I have sideload the copy-partotions.zip. I don't know, that I set die partitions correctly. I have also try flash with twrp an have use partition a/b. At present Im back to lastest stock rom​

Kind regards
Flashing Twrp is not recommend (You can boot with twrp and do some operations). I only had success with flashing lineage-18.1recovery-evert.img. a/b devices generally need more trys.

whirlwinders

Apr 8, 2021
Hey has there been any development with

I still havent figured out a way to fix this. If not can you please include the option to turn on and off VOLTE (the slider in the settings) as it's not present in this Lineageos 18.1 build. If this is possible at least we can use VOLTE for data and 3G for calls as it has been in LineageOS 17.1

whirlwinders

Apr 8, 2021

I still havent figured out a way to fix this. If not can you please include the option to turn on and off VOLTE (the slider in the settings) as it's not present in this Lineageos 18.1 build. If this is possible at least we can use VOLTE for data and 3G for calls as it has been in LineageOS 17.1
Guys is anyone on the dev team reading the forum?

Merkwuerdig

May 24, 2021
Yes @Jleeblanch is reading the forum. He said he would create a new thread for LineageOS 18.1 soon and that he has not experienced the problems we have.

A lot of time has passed since then. Maybe he can be notified by PM in this forum or perhaps by opening an issue on Github in his repository: https://github.com/Jleeblanch

Jleeblanch

Feb 6, 2012
Colchester, VT
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G6

I am aware there are issue with VoLTE, and will post some test builds in the coming days.

Jleeblanch

Feb 6, 2012
Colchester, VT
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G6
Yes @Jleeblanch is reading the forum. He said he would create a new thread for LineageOS 18.1 soon and that he has not experienced the problems we have.

A lot of time has passed since then. Maybe he can be notified by PM in this forum or perhaps by opening an issue on Github in his repository: https://github.com/Jleeblanch
I know, I'm slacking. I took a few months of personal time but am back at it. I'll get the thread created and post test builds there for VoLTE users to test.

1markus

Apr 16, 2020
currently I'm back to stock android 9.0_PPW29.116-20-28 and VoLTE works fine.

@Jleeblanch Thank you for your work. It would be really great if you can bring out the first android 11 evert build with working VoLTE. I see other custom roms have the same problem.

Jleeblanch

Feb 6, 2012
Colchester, VT
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G6
Hello @marciste

Kind regards
Did you ever figure this out? LineageOS 18.1 thread is up now, so feel free to comment over there. Would love to help get things working for you.
currently I'm back to stock android 9.0_PPW29.116-20-28 and VoLTE works fine.

@Jleeblanch Thank you for your work. It would be really great if you can bring out the first android 11 evert build with working VoLTE. I see other custom roms have the same problem.
I would surely like to get it fixed! I posted the first test build in the 18.1 thread. Check it out here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P6tVwPF.jpg

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction:

This is the Official LineageOS 17.1 thread for the Moto G6 Plus, codename evert.

Information:

Installation

Downloads:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Moto G6 Plus

Contributors
    Jleeblanch, erfanoabdi
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Android Pie (9.0) Stock Firmware
    Just a heads up, the LineageOS Team removed all builds dating back to the 23rd due to an internal issue the team is working out.

So be patient, new builds will be live again soon [emoji854]
    No new build since 23.4. Whats wrong? How is mic working in chat apps?
    I understand, the Lineage infrastructure was hurt that day, so there are no new images for any device. Lets be patient.
    Update to lineage-18.1-20210706-nightly-evert

VOLTE is still not working!

- LTE is working fine and i have internet access but cannot make a call
    Networktypes
    LTE/TD-SCDMA/CDMA/EvDo/GSM
    LTE/TD-SCDMA/GSM

- only edge for internet, but can make a call
    Networktype TD-SCDMA/CDMA/EvDo/GSM

It does show VOLTE provsioned in "*#*#4636#*#*".