FORUMS

Unable to fix/restore IMEI and Wifi after flashing Lineage 16.0, backup available

87 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By andoruB, Member on 3rd August 2019, 10:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I originally posted this on the Lineage 16.0 thread, but I figured it might not hurt to post this in a stand-alone thread.

I'm having some issues with the baseband/wifi after successfully flashing Lineage 16.0
I did do a complete nandroid backup in TWRP before flashing the copy-partitions-ab.zip, and I followed the instructions at the beginning of the thread, sideloaded the ROM, and it booted just fine, but I kept getting "No SIM card inserted" . Now when I try to restore the EFS and Persistent partitions from the backup, I still don't get a working baseband...
I even tried restoring the backup I made previously, but I still was not able to make the baseband work. I then tried flashing this stock ROM: https://forum.xda-developers.com/g6-...16-11-t3892935 through fastboot, and since this hasn't fixed the problem, I tried restoring the EFS and Persistent partitions from the backup, but still no go.
Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Not being able to receive/make calls or connect to a wifi network basically renders this phone useless...
The Following User Says Thank You to andoruB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andoruB Ad-Free
10th August 2019, 10:27 PM |#2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Seems the problem was that I didn't flash the correct version of the stock rom. The linked thread has the first version of the Pie stock OS, while previously I updated the phone two times after the Pie update. Flashing the latest version of the stock rom brought back the IMEI numbers and the WiFi MAC address. After seeing that the problem was fixed, I decided to try flashing the Lineage ROM, and that worked as well. Not sure what happened, but I'm glad I was able to fix it with no hassle.
You can get all versions of the stock ROM here: https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware...fficial/RETEU/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andoruB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andoruB Ad-Free
28th August 2019, 08:38 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoruB

Seems the problem was that I didn't flash the correct version of the stock rom. The linked thread has the first version of the Pie stock OS, while previously I updated the phone two times after the Pie update. Flashing the latest version of the stock rom brought back the IMEI numbers and the WiFi MAC address. After seeing that the problem was fixed, I decided to try flashing the Lineage ROM, and that worked as well. Not sure what happened, but I'm glad I was able to fix it with no hassle.
You can get all versions of the stock ROM here:

Thanks man, you saved me ! I tried everything to restore IMEI on my G6 Plus, and that was the only thing that worked. Like you said, I flashed the newest firmware for my channel (RETEU), from the link you provided. I was going to get crazy to solve this !
19th November 2019, 12:40 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnLuca

Thanks man, you saved me ! I tried everything to restore IMEI on my G6 Plus, and that was the only thing that worked. Like you said, I flashed the newest firmware for my channel (RETEU), from the link you provided. I was going to get crazy to solve this !

How did you get updated? asks for the OEM Unlock and I can't do the unlock because I don't have wifi or 4g to connect to the internet, which is a must for OEM unlock. How did you install new stock without oem unlocking?
29th November 2019, 11:49 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcmix

How did you get updated? asks for the OEM Unlock and I can't do the unlock because I don't have wifi or 4g to connect to the internet, which is a must for OEM unlock. How did you install new stock without oem unlocking?

The restore of the stock firmware can be done through fastboot and you don't need to unlock the bootloader for that. Just search on Google and you'll find a lot of guides to do that
29th November 2019, 03:39 PM |#6  
Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcmix

Here you can have internet connection on your phone shared by your PC
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...bcTSSDcnzVbAdG
5th December 2019, 02:24 PM |#7  

More
How to know the correct version of the stock rom please help
26th April 2020, 08:15 AM |#8  

More
No IME, No SIM, No WIFI, No MAC. Solucionado
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoruB

I originally posted this on the Lineage 16.0 thread, but I figured it might not hurt to post this in a stand-alone thread.

I'm having some issues with the baseband/wifi after successfully flashing Lineage 16.0
I did do a complete nandroid backup in TWRP before flashing the copy-partitions-ab.zip, and I followed the instructions at the beginning of the thread, sideloaded the ROM, and it booted just fine, but I kept getting "No SIM card inserted" . Now when I try to restore the EFS and Persistent partitions from the backup, I still don't get a working baseband...
I even tried restoring the backup I made previously, but I still was not able to make the baseband work. I then tried flashing this stock ROM: https://forum.xda-developers.com/g6-...16-11-t3892935 through fastboot, and since this hasn't fixed the problem, I tried restoring the EFS and Persistent partitions from the backup, but still no go.
Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Not being able to receive/make calls or connect to a wifi network basically renders this phone useless...

Thank you!!! It is the only solution for the problem of WIFI not working and without MAC. The NO IME is solved and SIM recognized.
Hold the Collective Knowledge!
Cheers
22nd May 2020, 09:47 PM |#9  

More
nope
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnLuca

The restore of the stock firmware can be done through fastboot and you don't need to unlock the bootloader for that. Just search on Google and you'll find a lot of guides to do that

you cant do that, i keep trying to flash stock rom, but got a error in the last commands it gives a error like "partition ddr"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)