FORUMS

[Evert] [Stock] Firmware - Return to Stock.

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By IGorMcLven, Member on 28th November 2018, 04:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
[Evert] [Stock] Firmware - Return to Stock.
Disclaimer
I can not be held responsible for any type of problem with your device. This information is for the sole purpose of reporting and is delivered "as is". Only the tests will confirm if everything works well or does not work at all, proceed with caution.

Recommendations.
  • Make sure to back up all information, device data, and (optional) persistence partitions of the device.
  • Always use common sense, and confirm that you do not have an error message in the console. Verify that things are done correctly.

Requirements
  • Make sure that the drivers and everything related to connectivity is working properly. The official Motorola drivers work fine, and the google fastboot drivers too. Look for tutorials on installing the fastboot driver if your computer is not detecting it properly, the tutorials of other moto models (eg moto g5 plus) on the drivers and others work just as well.
  • All this process spends time and of course the battery of your device, make sure you have a good battery (50+) and stay connected as much as possible.
  • Make sure you install the right firmware, in other devices from Oreo things are not so tight, in my case, my XT1926-7 device works perfect with a retailUS firmware, but it depends on each one...
  • All the commands and others are done from the fastboot utility, you can find it in https://developer.android.com/studio...platform-tools.

Process
  1. Download the correct firmware for your device.

Right now there are not many firmware available, as time passes the list will grow.
    One of several sites is LOLINET.
    https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware...ficial/RETAIL/

2. (If not already installed, make sure of ..) Install the drivers and download the fastboot utility. And of course, verify that the driver works properly. It will be done later.
  3. Extract the fastboot utility, and the firmware within the same directory.

To verify the connection, enter the bootloader of your device, connect it with the PC. On the PC; run the console, go to the folder where you extracted the fastboot utility, and type fastboot.exe devices, you should see the listed device in the console.

If the connection works correctly and you notice nothing strange, you can start the process.
  4. Open the console in the directory where the fastboot utility is on the firmware files, there should be no more folders inside. (In this case you should adjust the path of the files in the commands). And write the following commands, verify that you do not have errors.:

Warning,
    The commands listed below as "optional" do not necessarily have to be executed, but to be completely safe, execute them all, as long as you have the right firmware.

Code:
    fastboot getvar max-sparse-size
    fastboot oem fb_mode_set
    fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img (optional)
    fastboot flash modem_a NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot flash fsg_a fsg.mbn
    fastboot erase modemst1 (Optional)
    fastboot erase modemst2 (Optional)
    fastboot flash bluetooth_a BTFM.bin
    fastboot flash dsp_a dspso.bin
    fastboot flash logo_a logo.bin
    fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
    fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.2
    fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.3
    fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.4
    fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot flash oem_a oem.img
    fastboot flash oem_b oem_other.img
    fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot erase carrier (Optional)
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase ddr
    fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
  5. Press the Power button, and wait a bit.. It will take a few minutes to start.

If you hear "Hello moto", congratulations you are in Stock (and everything "should work fine").
Notes
  • If your firmware has more or less sparsechunk files (eg, sparsechunk.3 or img_sparsechunk.7), run them all.
  • The bootloader will remain unlocked.
If all this was helpful, I hope your thanks.
With love by iGor.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IGorMcLven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IGorMcLven Ad-Free
22nd April 2019, 12:21 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
And how remove verity Mode enabled?..and a black screen saying phone flashed with different software
14th August 2019, 12:55 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGorMcLven

Make sure you install the right firmware, in other devices from Oreo things are not so tight, in my case, my XT1926-7 device works perfect with a retailUS firmware

I am looking for an Oreo firmware for dual SIM XT1926-7.

Will all RETAIL version(s) support dual SIM ?
For example, does EVERT_RETAIL_8.0.0_OPWS27.113-92-5 support dual SIM?
14th August 2019, 03:40 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybshik

I am looking for an Oreo firmware for dual SIM XT1926-7.

Will all RETAIL version(s) support dual SIM ?
For example, does EVERT_RETAIL_8.0.0_OPWS27.113-92-5 support dual SIM?

I have the same phone.

First do this:

Go to settings: tap System, tap about phone and write down which software channel you are on.

It will say something like this:

RETLA
or
TEFCO
or
TEMX
or
TIGCO

Those are the only channels which offer stock roms for the XT1926-7

If your phone is factory unlocked you will probably have to use the RETLA versions.

the on your computer go to:

mirrors . lolinet . com /firmware /moto /evert /official/

You will find the original android 8 stock rom in there:

XT1926-7_EVERT_*YOUR_CHANNEL*_8.0.0_OPWS27.113-89-5_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml

Before you flash your phone make sure that you have a backup of :

EFS
and
Persist

partitions.

If those get corrupted or wiped you won´t have carrier signal or wifi once you reboot your phone. trust me it happened to me.

good luck.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lcmp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lcmp Ad-Free
14th August 2019, 09:00 PM |#5  

More
Dual SIM XT1926-7: firmware and TWRP issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcmp

I have the same phone.
Before you flash your phone make sure that you have a backup of :
EFS and Persist partitions

Which TWRP version, what exact build file did you use to back up/restore partitions?
Was your TWRP capable of backing up /data partition?

In another tread, I posted that (after Magisk root) the latest twrp-3.3.1-0-evert.img failed to back up the /data partition, but twrp-3.2.3-42-evert.img worked well
14th August 2019, 09:54 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

Which TWRP version, what exact build file did you use to back up/restore partitions?
Was your TWRP capable of backing up /data partition?

In another tread, I posted that (after Magisk root) the latest twrp-3.3.1-0-evert.img failed to back up the /data partition, but twrp-3.2.3-42-evert.img worked well

For me, it works exactly the opposite.

TWRP 3.2.3 was not able to decrypt the phone data.
But booting temporarily with TWRP 3.3.1-0 would successfully decrypt and backup everything.
The Following User Says Thank You to lcmp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lcmp Ad-Free
14th August 2019, 10:43 PM |#7  

More
TWRP decryption issue
Quote:

For me, it works exactly the opposite.
TWRP 3.2.3 was not able to decrypt the phone data.
But booting temporarily with TWRP 3.3.1-0 would successfully decrypt and backup everything.

for which firmware build? Pie or Oreo?

In my case, I was able to back up with twrp-3.3.1-0-evert.img before flashing Magisk. And I was able to Magisk-root with twrp-3.3.1-0-evert.img successfully as well.

But once rooted, was NOT able to back up \data partition with twrp-3.3.1-0-evert.img.
So I tried twrp-3.2.3-42-evert.img and it worked.

Is it possible to permanently remove encryption?
15th August 2019, 10:42 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

for which firmware build? Pie or Oreo?

PIE

Quote:

But once rooted, was NOT able to back up \data partition with twrp-3.3.1-0-evert.img.

I´m not an expert, but from what i know, You need to have a pin or unlock pattern on your phone. TWRP asks you for it and uses it to decrypt the data partition. Then your backups will succeed.

Quote:

Is it possible to permanently remove encryption?

I read it´s possible but i´m no expert on the subject. Why would you want to remove encryption? I think its a good feature
The Following User Says Thank You to lcmp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lcmp Ad-Free
15th August 2019, 10:59 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

You need to have a pin or unlock pattern on your phone. TWRP asks you for it and uses it to decrypt the data partition.

Does TWRP ask for a PIN during back up?

I have not set up any PIN/unlock pattern at all. So TWRP did not ask for it during back up, but just failed to back up , showing an error related to data partition.

Could absence of PIN cause the backup to fail?
16th August 2019, 02:38 AM |#10  

More
Quote:

Does TWRP ask for a PIN during back up?

What I noticed is that when TWRP 3.3 boots, it asks for your pin or unlock pattern in order to use that as the credential to get the decryption key and decrypt the data partition. TWRP 3.2 won't do this ( again, in my experience ) hence the back up fails because everything is encrypted.

This is how I noticed that force installing TWRP 3.2 was useless. it doesn´t ask for your pin or your unlock pattern so it doesn´t have a way of decrypting the data partition. Again this was my experience. A more advanced android / twrp user could give a definite answer.

Quote:

I have not set up any PIN/unlock pattern at all. So TWRP did not ask for it during back up, but just failed to back up , showing an error related to data partition.

Could absence of PIN cause the backup to fail?

I think so, yes. If you don´t have a pin or unlock pattern in your phone, TWRP doesn´t have a way to "authenticate" and get the decryption key and decrypt the data partition. Again, I´m assuming this out of my own experience.
29th August 2019, 01:05 AM |#11  
Buenos Aires

More
Hello, can anyone share me the persist file from a xt1926-6 please?
I am having an issue with this file and I don't know what to do now
Thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
evert, fastboot, firmware, guide, stock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)