[GUIDE][ROOT][Moto G6 Plus] Magisk patched boot image OPWS27.113-45-4

635 posts
Thanks Meter: 212

By jekyll86, Senior Member on 24th May 2018, 10:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, fires, rigged elections,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarms failed and you could not call in.

Please
 * Ensure you have an advanced understanding of this device before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications or your own free will.
 */

Hi, here is patched boot image for Moto G6 Plus. Flash it to acquire root permissions on your device.
Please make sure you have June Firmware OPWS27.113-45-4
Please DO NOT flash on different device, this is only for MOTO G6 PLUS (Evert)

Instructions:
1. Unlock Bootloader
2. Download patched boot image patched_bootOPW27.113-45-4.img
3. Flash it with following command:
Code:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
fastboot reboot
Old April boot image OPW27.113-45: patched_boot.img

Note: If you need to restore the STOCK boot kernel, you can get it from 2nd Post below. Thanks @manos78
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jekyll86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jekyll86 Ad-Free
25th May 2018, 12:12 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Hi,

I confirm that this kernel works! So now you can root your device.
Thank you @jekyll86!

If you like to test it by hand (with unlocked bootloader), then "fastboot boot stock_boot-MotoG6+-OPW27.113-45.img" and when running Android, then Install lasted Magisk Manager and then update to BETA Channel. This will generate a new patched kernel boot image using your stock boot.

Regards.

Note: If you need to restore the STOCK boot kernel (for an OTA, for example), you can get it from my backup: https://www.sendspace.com/file/i2dxh4
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to manos78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift manos78 Ad-Free
25th May 2018, 05:18 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Hi,

One advise: If you patched the kernel with Magisk or flashed this kernel, then you can't do wipe of data using the "restore function of Andoid". It will fail until you flash the stock kernel.

If you see an error, then reflash the stock kernel!
Save a copy!
28th May 2018, 09:06 PM |#4  
Flag Gorredijk
Thanks Meter: 190

More
Thanks, this works perfectly fine with the latest magisk manager (5.7.0) and i managed to get xposed to work as well as gravitybox. I can center my clock again and tweak notifications, navbar longpress and such.

Magisk's package installer did fail to flash xposed but with 3.1.5 xposedinstaller.apk it did work and it flashes and reboots just fine.

I'm working on testing substratum rooted now. I'm just YOLO'ing a AOSP compatible theme on it and i'll see what fails..

If I get into the mood i might even try to flash a 8.1.0 TREBLE version of LOS15.1 or RRO if i can get that TWRP to properly boot via fastboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Imprezzion For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Imprezzion Ad-Free
30th May 2018, 03:12 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
do you have root for xt1922?
30th May 2018, 09:02 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
and the the normal Motorola g6, still nothing? I'm sorry not to be root

Enviado desde mi moto g(6) mediante Tapatalk
30th May 2018, 11:30 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Palermo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stifmaster81

and the the normal Motorola g6, still nothing? I'm sorry not to be root

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsr4

do you have root for xt1922?

Sorry guys, I'd like to help you but I have only G6Plus. If you want to root, you can follow magisk guide and patch boot image by yourself. It's not difficult

Inviato dal mio moto g(6) plus utilizzando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jekyll86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jekyll86 Ad-Free
31st May 2018, 12:18 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyll86

Sorry guys, I'd like to help you but I have only G6Plus. If you want to root, you can follow magisk guide and patch boot image by yourself. It's not difficult

If the magick is for the Motorola g6 version, can you pass that guide please?

31st May 2018, 08:21 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have a question : you took the original boot.img of the firmware, put it into Magisk app and it gave you a pacthed_boot.img ?
I can't get this process working for the Moto G6 non plus that I got

Thank you for your time !
31st May 2018, 10:08 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Palermo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snearde

I have a question : you took the original boot.img of the firmware, put it into Magisk app and it gave you a pacthed_boot.img ?
I can't get this process working for the Moto G4 non plus that I got

That's it, what kind of error do you get?

The Following User Says Thank You to jekyll86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jekyll86 Ad-Free
31st May 2018, 10:13 PM |#11  
Flag C. Izcalli
Thanks Meter: 476

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snearde

I can't get this process working for the Moto G4 non plus that I got

Well this sub-forum is for moto g6, not moto g4, your device have a dedicated forum for it and there is already various methods for rooting. you should go look there
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
moto-g6-plus

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)