FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android 9 Update Nov. 15

158 posts
Thanks Meter: 37

By ChrisAG, Senior Member on 16th November 2018, 12:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I thought it was simply camera improvements and a security patch because this is all that was said (though the 812MB size seemed a little big for a patch):

Android OS Upgrade
Camera funcionality has been improved.
Usability improvements through Google patch.

Update size: 812.2 MB

Folks, we have Pie . Downloaded in Toronto on Bell.

Interesting fact: the screen buttons showed the Pixel "pill" as the phone finished booting, then it reverted to the traditional 3-button layout. Not sure yet if it can be changed to the pill in settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisAG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChrisAG Ad-Free

16th November 2018, 03:53 AM |#2  
Flag Bhilwara
Thanks Meter: 376

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAG

I thought it was simply camera improvements and a security patch because this is all that was said (though the 812MB size seemed a little big for a patch):

Android OS Upgrade
Camera funcionality has been improved.
Usability improvements through Google patch.

Update size: 812.2 MB

Folks, we have Pie . Downloaded in Toronto on Bell.

Interesting fact: the screen buttons showed the Pixel "pill" as the phone finished booting, then it reverted to the traditional 3-button layout. Not sure yet if it can be changed to the pill in settings.

Can you share a few screenshots of about phone screen, showing the new software version and Android version? Thanks!
16th November 2018, 02:22 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Here's the screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (Nov. 16, 2018 9_15_15 a.m.).png
Views:	342
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	4644227  
16th November 2018, 08:24 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAG

Here's the screenshot

is the bootloader unlockable?
17th November 2018, 07:30 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
This means that the G7 One is the first LG device to update to Pie.

Quite exciting, I must say.

How is the experience? What has changed?
19th November 2018, 02:08 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluminium X

This means that the G7 One is the first LG device to update to Pie.

Quite exciting, I must say.

How is the experience? What has changed?

The phone feels a bit snappier, yet the geekbench score is a little lower. They might have tweaked the frame rate a bit in 9.0 to make things smoother. The search bar is now at the bottom like the Pixel, which I like. You are given the choice of using the Pixel's gesture navigation or the traditional 3-button layout. I'm sticking with traditional, as I find the gesture option less efficient. Battery life seems a bit better but it is too soon to tell. Stock Android is a bit more colourful now in the settings icons and pull down menu. Overall I like it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisAG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChrisAG Ad-Free
29th November 2018, 02:12 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi guys,

Be advised to remove your current microsd card before upgrading...

A few days ago, I installed the update to Android Pie on my brand new phone on Bell carrier (Canada).
Forgot to remove my microsd card and after the update ; it told me "corrupted sd card".

I had to put it on my computer to backup all the stuff.
Then I reinserted the card in my G7 One and reformatted it.
Then finally, I connected my phone to my pc and retransferred the data.

I had a similar experience on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge when trying to flash an Oreo rom over Nougat already installed and microsd card inserted.

My situation was similar to this post (I think they call that a "software lock") :
Can't post the url, but google "microsd corrupted after android upgrade", 1st result.
20th December 2018, 07:51 PM |#8  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 348

More
Removing card might help. But the problem is Android creates some folders and files within SD card which signifies which apps can access SD etc. So if you face the issue - just remove these android service dirs/files - something like Android, data, obb etc. Be careful not to remove your pictures/videos in DCIM folder. Use PC for SD card management.
Full reformat will work too, but it is a little extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingky1178

Be advised to remove your current microsd card before upgrading...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)