FORUMS

Android 10 Soak Test

1,068 posts
Thanks Meter: 542

By Spaceminer, Senior Member on 4th May 2020, 07:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Android 10 is now being tested on the Moto G7 Play! I will work on uploading dumps of the OS later this evening. Link added. If anyone has any questions, feel free to post them and I'll do my best to answer.

FYI:

* Once you've installed Android 10, your sim card will not work anymore if you go back to Android 9. To fix it, you must dump the Android 10 modem, and flash it to Pie.

* Twrp will break Android 10 if you mount the oem partition. Twrp also will not boot with the Android 10 vendor installed. I will work on this once official firmware is released.

Android 10 Raw Dump: xt1952-4 RETUS QPY30.71

Vendor, Oem, and System are raw images, so you will need to convert them to sparse images and install them with fastboot, or use dd commands to write everything to the correct inactive partitions. Do not complain to Motorola or me, if you brick your phone. This is a soak test, not official firmware. Information and the tools to convert the images can be found here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200504-140938.png
Views:	532
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	5011609 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200504-140933.png
Views:	540
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	5011611
The Following User Says Thank You to Spaceminer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spaceminer Ad-Free
5th May 2020, 06:09 PM |#2  
Editor in Chief
Thanks Meter: 2,096

More
Hey there,

Did you receive this yourself? If not, where did you see this? Where is this rolling out?
5th May 2020, 06:13 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Is it rolling out for all variants? In any case I'll be waiting a bit while it's established that no major issues have been introduced and downgrade paths are clear.
6th May 2020, 03:11 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oumuamua

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaalRahman

Hey there,

Did you receive this yourself? If not, where did you see this? Where is this rolling out?

It's a soak test, not a full release. It's for the xt1952-4 RETUS model only. And yes I received it via OTA. I'm part of their developer program. I'm uploading the firmware in a few min.
6th May 2020, 03:15 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oumuamua

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjker

Is it rolling out for all variants? In any case I'll be waiting a bit while it's established that no major issues have been introduced and downgrade paths are clear.

Downgrading from this soak test is possible. If you go back to Pie, you must flash Android 10's modem instead or LTE won't work. That's it though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spaceminer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spaceminer Ad-Free
7th May 2020, 12:53 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oumuamua

Donate to Me
More
I have fixed a number of errors and inconsistencies in the Android 10 build.prop. Things like conflicting settings for audio, emmc size, and duplicate entries. The only added tweaks are, 50 step media volume (Useful for Viper), and forcing the home launcher to stay in RAM. Other than that, everything is stock.

Remove .txt then copy to /system and set permissions to 0600 and reboot.
Attached Files
File Type: txt build.prop.txt - [Click for QR Code] (8.4 KB, 30 views)
8th May 2020, 03:54 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
great to know that android 10 started being tested
8th May 2020, 09:52 PM |#8  
Flag Sapucaia do Sul
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceminer

It's a soak test, not a full release. It's for the xt1952-4 RETUS model only. And yes I received it via OTA. I'm part of their developer program. I'm uploading the firmware in a few min.

Hey, are you a official tester? Because soak for g7 play in Brazil started on March 30th. And the version number is diff.
9th May 2020, 12:57 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
could you post a version with a flashfile.xml and a couple other files for flashing with rsd lite as im not very good with flashing full updates with fastboot
Edit: I also want to ask i have a Channel-Sprint Variant running Channel-Retail Firmware
9th May 2020, 10:43 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oumuamua

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisLFSS

Hey, are you a official tester? Because soak for g7 play in Brazil started on March 30th. And the version number is diff.

They started the soak test in the US on April the 2nd of May. Brazil just uses different firmware that's why the numbers are different. And yes I'm an official tester.
9th May 2020, 10:48 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oumuamua

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny33452

could you post a version with a flashfile.xml and a couple other files for flashing with rsd lite as im not very good with flashing full updates with fastboot
Edit: I also want to ask i have a Channel-Sprint Variant running Channel-Retail Firmware

Not possible. These are direct dumps of the OS. It doesn't come with a flash file unless I write it myself. I personally have never used RSD and wouldn't know what other files it needs to work either.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 10, moto g7 play, soak test

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)