216 posts
Thanks Meter: 253

By Rondeau79, Senior Member on 23rd March 2020, 12:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/cr....0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
Pre-installation:
*****Disclaimer*****
Important note before proceeding!!!
The copy A/B partitions zip is crucial in order to prevent bricks. It only needs to be done if your coming from the stock ROM or you recently restored stock firmware manually. Other wise without it you can brick due to Motorola's A/B partition scheme.

Preparation for A/B Roms:
01. Download TWRP.
02. Remove your google account under Settings > Accounts then factory reset your device as FRP is enforced.
03. Unlock your bootloader
04. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
05. While on Slot_A Flash copypartitions.zip (This step only needs to be completed Once only after updating from stock factory firmwares.)
06. While in TWRP choose Reboot > bootloader
07. Now you're ready for ROM Steps below

ROM - Installation:
01. Download the ROM.
02. Use terminal to boot latest twrp.img "fastboot boot twrp.img"
03. Wipe data, dalvik, system and internal storage, then format userdata.
04. Flash ROM.zip + TWRP_installer
05. Reboot > Recovery
06.Install Gapps + Magisk (if you choose)
07. Reboot > System

Updating (AKA 'dirty flash'):
01. Download the updated ROM
02. Boot into recovery
03. Install ROM.zip + TWRP_installer
04. Reboot > Recovery
05. flash gapps + Magisk (if you choose)
06. Reboot > System
Notes:
Any time your internal storage aka "Userdata" is from a stock install you must "format data" in recovery before using ROMS

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
[B]Kernel:https://github.com/Rondeau79/android...otorola_sdm632

Download:
ROM https://crdroid.net/<device codename>
Changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cr...og_<ocean>.txt

Known issues:
<!-- list here -->

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid <device> Telegram
crDroid Community Telegram
Donate to help our team pay server costs

© 2020 GitHub, Inc.

XDA:DevDB Information
CrDroid 10 Official, ROM for the Moto G7 Power

Contributors
Rondeau79
Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest TWRP unlocked bootloader
Based On: AOSP, Lineage OS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: QQ2A.200305.003
Stable Release Date: 2020-03-22

Created 2020-03-22
Last Updated 2020-04-01
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rondeau79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rondeau79 Ad-Free
23rd March 2020, 12:50 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved
23rd March 2020, 04:12 AM |#3  
Flag Gulf Coast
Thanks Meter: 220

More
Ahh the ole triple posts. Don't you just love it when that happens. lol. Hell of a job on this! Will Android 10 for Ocean device ever be able to have an enforcing kernel or no? Probably waiting for source for 10/Q before messing with all that stuff? I'm just curious and figured I'd ask.. Awesome work!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to flash713 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flash713 Ad-Free
23rd March 2020, 04:29 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash713

Ahh the ole triple posts. Don't you just love it when that happens. lol. Hell of a job on this! Will Android 10 for Ocean device ever be able to have an enforcing kernel or no? Probably waiting for source for 10/Q before messing with all that stuff? I'm just curious and figured I'd ask.. Awesome work!!!!

Thanks, this one was a tough task to get done. I don't mind a permissive kernel. I really don't dive too far into the Android system. I am a fan first and a developer second! I still really don't have an understanding of code and stuff. I just go with my instincts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rondeau79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rondeau79 Ad-Free
25th March 2020, 09:52 AM |#5  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 154

More
I performed a 'dirty flash' coming from crDroid 5.12 (based on Android 9).

I did not delete my Google account from the phone prior to flashing. This is the first time I've had problems upgrading crDroid. I realize it's also the first time I've done a major increment to the underlying Android OS.

Upon first boot I saw the new boot animation (it looks great!) but the phone did not complete booting after about ten minutes. I interrupted the boot by holding the power key. I tried wiping data. Later, I also tried re-formatting data partition (including built-internal media). I also tried re-installing the most recent version of crDroid 5.12 with no success with that as well.

Suggestions regarding the best way to correct this would be helpful and appreciated.

In the meantime, I'll look around and trying some other things. I hope it might be corrected without having to resort to ADB / PC connection, but I'll try whatever I can.

I don't know if this result is considered "a brick" because I can boot into TWRP.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	previous.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	4978527  
25th March 2020, 06:18 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny8

I performed a 'dirty flash' coming from crDroid 5.12 (based on Android 9).

I did not delete my Google account from the phone prior to flashing. This is the first time I've had problems upgrading crDroid. I realize it's also the first time I've done a major increment to the underlying Android OS.

Upon first boot I saw the new boot animation (it looks great!) but the phone did not complete booting after about ten minutes. I interrupted the boot by holding the power key. I tried wiping data. Later, I also tried re-formatting data partition (including built-internal media). I also tried re-installing the most recent version of crDroid 5.12 with no success with that as well.

Suggestions regarding the best way to correct this would be helpful and appreciated.

In the meantime, I'll look around and trying some other things. I hope it might be corrected without having to resort to ADB / PC connection, but I'll try whatever I can.

I don't know if this result is considered "a brick" because I can boot into TWRP.

You are not bricked. When coming from one version of android to another a clean flash must be done. You can dirty flash after that. Wipe both boot slots and then go about flashing like normal. First boot takes a while. It won't boot without wiping the system partition.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rondeau79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rondeau79 Ad-Free
25th March 2020, 06:34 PM |#7  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Excuse my ignorance, where do I have to install the rom, gapps and magisk, in slot A or B? Thank you in advance (sorry bad English)
25th March 2020, 07:25 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D13Gho

Excuse my ignorance, where do I have to install the rom, gapps and magisk, in slot A or B? Thank you in advance (sorry bad English)

With the A/B partitions scene. When you flash a ROM it will be installed to the opposite slot. If you are on A then the zip will be installed to B and vica versa. Gapps are flashed after you reboot to recovery when you are on the boot slot the ROM was installed on same as Magisk.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rondeau79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rondeau79 Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 01:56 PM |#9  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Thank you, Rondeau79. I got it installed.

It looks great!
The Following User Says Thank You to danny8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danny8 Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 03:05 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I've got every thing installed and running, but after setting up my apps (Chrome, messages, photos) app opening/closing is quite laggy. It become unusable after a couole hours.
26th March 2020, 10:59 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfoo19

I've got every thing installed and running, but after setting up my apps (Chrome, messages, photos) app opening/closing is quite laggy. It become unusable after a couole hours.

Give it a little time to set in. Usually a fresh install takes a bit.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)