FORUMS

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9] LineageOS4Microg 16.0 (by Bernie_nix)

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 56

By Bernie_nix, Member on 25th February 2020, 12:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
LineageOS4Microg
Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, damage, loss of Google services, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, etc. Do this at your own risk.
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
 * Your warranty may/will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */
About LineageOS4MicroG & LineageOS
Quote:

[LEFT]LineageOS unofficial fork with built-in microG gapps implementation.

Full Play Services compatibility [Well-almost...YMMV]
Our ROM has built-in microG free-as-in-freedom re-implementation of Google's proprietary Android user space apps and libraries. This enables you to use every Google service you need without keeping another closed-source binary blob in your Android system.

Native F-Droid support
LineageOS for microG comes with F-Droid already installed. You can use it to access plenty of FOSS applications or even a Play Store bridge repository like Playmaker or GPlayWeb.

About LineageOS
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Learn more at:
LineageOS: https://lineageos.org/
LineageOS4MicroG: https://lineage.microg.org/

Rom Built by Bernie_nix

Known issues:
USB-C headphones work for music, watching videos, etc. They don't work in the phone app...yet. (working on this)
Some users report VOIP calls don't work properly. YMMV. Skype, Whatsapp, Nextcloud Talk, working great for me.
Automatic updates not yet implemented but will be in a future build.
You tell me.

Install Instructions(If coming from stock or another rom):
Prerequisites: Coming from stock rom with bootloader unlocked, Developer settings enabled, android debugging enabled.
(1) ADB reboot bootloader,
(2) Fastboot boot twrp.img
(3) Install copy A/B partitions zip,
(4) Select Wipe button, Advanced Wipe, Choose: Dalvik/ART Cache, Data, Internal Storage, System. Then Swipe to Wipe all of these.
(5) Select Back arrow button
(6) Select Format Data Button. Type yes
(7) Select Install button. Choose rom zip. Swipe to confirm flash.
(8) Press back arrow button 2x to get back to main screen. Select Wipe button. Select format data button. Type yes.
(9) Reboot. Phone will mention "no os installed." Ignore it. Proceed with reboot. Phone will boot twice, then take you to the lineage recovery screen. Use volume down button to select Factory data reset, press power button, select yes to delete data. Phone will reboot into lineageos4microg.

DO NOT install twrp installer/orange fox installer until after phone boots into lineageos4microg or it will not boot. After you have setup lineageos, you can then reboot into twrp and install orange fox or twrp and magisk if you choose. Do not ever install any GAPPS on this ROM.

Upgrade Instructions(If coming from one of my previous builds):
(1) ADB reboot bootloader,
(2) Fastboot boot twrp.img
(3) Select Install button. Choose rom zip. Swipe to confirm flash.
(4) Select Wipe button, Advanced Wipe, Choose: Dalvik/ART Cache
(5) Reboot
(6) If you had Magisk installed, you can then reboot into TWRP/Ofox and flash magisk.zip

Tips for Use
1. Root can be enabled in this build by going to Developer Settings->Root Access->Apps and ADB
2. To turn off battery led when charging, Settings>Apps & notifications>Notifications>Battery Light
3. To set up Microg,
(1) open MicroG app,
(2) press self-check, press battery optimizations ignored and allow,
(3) go back one screen, select unified nlp settings, configure location backends, press the checkbox next to mozilla location service and ok, configure address lookup backends, press checkbox next to nominatum and ok,
(4) then go through Google services from top to bottom and enter your information.
(5) Enable location from pull-down shade. Open maps, get your location. Go back to Microg. Run self-check. All boxes should show a check.
(6) Microg is setup in less than 5 minutes and fully working.
(7) Turn off location from pull-down shade bc they're tracking you
4. Want a better GPS experience? Install Deja Vu Location Service, GSM Location Service and Radiocells.org Unified Network Location Provider Backend from F-Droid. Works great with Google Maps or OSM.
5. Looking for a great camera? Try Hypercam for Moto G7 from gcambrasil at https://gcambrasil.com.br/motorola
1. After installing, go to internal storage, create folder "gcam" (without quotes), create folder "Configs" inside of "gcam," and place the Pixelmod_byJGB.xml (attached) file in that folder.
2. Open up Hypercam, double tap on black space near camera button, load Pixelmod_byJGB.xml file.
Reporting bugs:
DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed.
Please report bugs in this thread.
Logcats are helpful but not required. Grab a full logcat right after the problem has occurred.
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Thread Purpose & Limits
This thread has been created to discuss the installation and use of this rom. If you have questions about building roms, this thread is not the place to do it. Please create a thread under Q/A and/or visit the Telegram group https://t.me/mG7Power. I'm happy to help but going to the telegram group or opening a Q/A thread allows many users to assist you and will help to keep this thread on-topic. Failure to follow this request will result in a warning followed by report to XDA if continued. Some excellent resources for building microg include https://lineage.microg.org/ and https://8192.one/post/lineage_build_with_docker/.

Download:
Change log
1. Latest March security update
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
Android Security Patch Level: Mar. 5, 2020
Download link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261741637
MD5: 54b467570f65ce85f164bd8e99943ab7

Older Versions:
Change log
1. Latest sources
2. Root option enabled in development settings
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
Android Security Patch Level: Feb. 5, 2020
Download link: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261727435
MD5: aeb4aa1141c6d74ac016e8fba797c245

Next update news...:
Mar 10, 2020 - Currently working on USB-C audio during phone calls, increasing audio volume. Once USB-C audio gets fixed, I'll enable OTA updates.

Source and Additional Links
https://github.com/LineageOS
https://github.com/LineageOS/android...otorola_sdm632
Telegram group for additional ROMS, files and support: https://t.me/mG7Power

Rom Last Updated Mar. 10, 2020
Thread Info Last Updated Mar. 10, 2020

Guide on how to build your own posted here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/g7-...9#post82069641
Attached Files
File Type: xml Pixelmod_byJGB.xml - [Click for QR Code] (13.5 KB, 184 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bernie_nix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bernie_nix Ad-Free
28th February 2020, 10:57 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
hi im really interested in this rom but If twrp is already my permanent recovery, this rom won't install correctly?

edit.. tried it anyway since this is a secondary phone, figured i didnt have much to lose, followed instructions to the TEE, and it installed just fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to clarkkentxda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift clarkkentxda Ad-Free
29th February 2020, 06:05 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkentxda

hi im really interested in this rom but If twrp is already my permanent recovery, this rom won't install correctly?

edit.. tried it anyway since this is a secondary phone, figured i didnt have much to lose, followed instructions to the TEE, and it installed just fine.

I should have another update with OTA server and a few other fixes soon. It's also super quick to update from current build. Stay tuned and enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bernie_nix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bernie_nix Ad-Free
29th February 2020, 10:07 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie_nix

I should have another update with OTA server and a few other fixes soon. It's also super quick to update from current build. Stay tuned and enjoy!

Thanks for your efforts, I've been enjoying it, it's hard to find a rom that offers a little privacy from google, most things are working just fine, one thing I've noticed is that video is super super dark, No matter if it's stock camera or open camera but that's all I've came across in the issues department so far
29th February 2020, 04:51 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Thanks for your efforts, I've been enjoying it, it's hard to find a rom that offers a little privacy from google, most things are working just fine, one thing I've noticed is that video is super super dark, No matter if it's stock camera or open camera but that's all I've came across in the issues department so far

Thanks for your feedback! No problems with video if using a different app. Try Hypercam version 1.3.030119.0645build-6.1.021
29th February 2020, 10:00 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

Thanks for your feedback! No problems with video if using a different app. Try Hypercam version 1.3.030119.0645build-6.1.021

Hypercam works like a charm, thank you for the suggestion! does hyper cam rely on anything google related like services or frameworks or binarys? (not sure what to call it since im not a developer) i'm wondering because I own a pixel 3a and im thinking of installing graphene os but any apps that rely on those ran on those will not work on graphene
29th February 2020, 10:30 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Hypercam works like a charm, thank you for the suggestion! does hyper cam rely on anything google related like services or frameworks or binarys? (not sure what to call it since im not a developer) i'm wondering because I own a pixel 3a and im thinking of installing graphene os but any apps that rely on those ran on those will not work on graphene

Hypercam is ported from gcam so YMMV. Given that it works on this ROM with microg, if it has any hooks they probably aren't deep. I'd give it a go
The Following User Says Thank You to Bernie_nix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bernie_nix Ad-Free
1st March 2020, 02:21 PM |#8  
Flag Biloxi, Mississippi
Thanks Meter: 516

More
I've been a user of root explorer (pro) for seven+ years or so now. I side loaded the apk that I extracted from a previous setup on my phone and it works perfect. Some may already know that but just figured I'd share. Awesome job on this rom! Appreciate you sharing your builds!!
The Following User Says Thank You to flash713 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flash713 Ad-Free
1st March 2020, 03:18 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash713

I've been a user of root explorer (pro) for seven+ years or so now. I side loaded the apk that I extracted from a previous setup on my phone and it works perfect. Some may already know that but just figured I'd share. Awesome job on this rom! Appreciate you sharing your builds!!

Glad you like it and thanks for your feedback; tip on root explorer pro.
5th March 2020, 10:49 AM |#10  
Flag Biloxi, Mississippi
Thanks Meter: 516

More
Quote:

Glad you like it and thanks for your feedback; tip on root explorer pro.

Couple questions.. What busy box are you using and where did you get it? I've been using Osmosis’s magisk module busy box for so long idk where to even begin. haha. I attempted to install one from fdroid but it failed install. Can I flash his busy box in recovery? Probably not because we are using the LOS built in root instead of magisk correct? Would all hell break loose if I flashed magisk root now and something would possibly get messed up? Thinking if that's what I wanted I would have had to flash it in the beginning so it would over ride the other root...🤔

This rom runs better than anything besides ugly stock moto on my device. I was off work yesterday so I started messing with my device, hours went by and my battery barely moved at all. Not having Google play services really saves a good bit of juice. Havoc has spoofing now too. I vote that it becomes mandatory for all roms to have signature spoofing. Should call it the ImNOtgoingback rom or something. I’ve used micro g and fdroid before on previous devices but never for as long as I've been using this. Im like a binge crackflasher nowadays instead -vs- back when Euroskank CM10 bacon was on and popping every morning at around 6am central time the world would all flash. One last thing.. Do you decrypt your data or leave it encrypted? Reason I ask is I was wondering what method you do or would do if you wanted to decrypt?

This rom really runs great! Anyone who hasn't tried this yet should!

Edit

Ps: I've used many great gcams but HyperCam is most definitely at the top of my list. It reminds me of the pictures my Pixel XL used to take. Awesome camera app! Thanks for recommending it and sharing links!
5th March 2020, 08:10 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
not being picky, but can we have a regular LOS build please? I mean, without microG.
The last syberhexen one is dated 2019-10-01 so it would be nice to have an update to it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)