Flashed stock ROM -> SIM card not detected

Search This thread

eworm92

Nov 2, 2018
EDIT: Disregard the rest of the post. Restoring the stock ROM and then installing the OTA apparently fixed the issue for me.

G7 Power user here, with Magisk.

Recently I tried to install the new OTA update, so I followed the Magisk tutorial with the Uninstall -> Restore Images, then Install -> Install to Inactive Slot and all that. Magisk had some issues unpacking the zip at first, but it eventually worked, so I rebooted as per instructions.

Then I got bootlooped. I was warned that might happen once or twice after updating, but no, this was a genuine bootloop, lasted forever. Disheartened, I figured my only option was to reflash the stock ROM completely (as flashing just the unpatched boot.img didn't help) and work my way up from there again.

But when I did that, suddenly my phone stopped detecting my SIM card. No matter which slot I put it in, no matter how many times I turned the phone on and off, the airplane mode on and off, it remained unresponsive. My IMEI is blank, even when I use the *#06#. Dialing the *#*#64663#*#* code, which I've seen as a suggestion to solve the issue, doesn't work either, it just returns me to the dial-up screen.

I've tried every solution I could find online. Some of them led me to more bootlopping, some of them simply added a "system integrity compromised" message that prevented updates and most had no effect. I'm not sure where the problem lies in the first place... Any ideas on what I could do? Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited: