[RECOVERY]TWRP 3.3.1.0 for Galaxy A20

Search This thread

DafitMusic

Mar 19, 2021
Redmi 9C
Hi! I need to reply 10 times but i want to post because idk how to repair my phone i tried to install TWRP Recovery with odin (unoficiall TWRP ofc) and something gone wrong and its in download mode all the time. When i try to reboot phone with Volume Down Key and Power button and it dosent work. I tried to fabric reset phone with "unlocking bootloader" and this dont work too. i have hope someone will help me.

IamTheBRAVE

Hi! I need to reply 10 times but i want to post because idk how to repair my phone i tried to install TWRP Recovery with odin (unoficiall TWRP ofc) and something gone wrong and its in download mode all the time. When i try to reboot phone with Volume Down Key and Power button and it dosent work. I tried to fabric reset phone with "unlocking bootloader" and this dont work too. i have hope someone will help me.
Press volume down + power then when it reboots press volume up instead ( but don't release power) it should reboot to twrp recovery.
In odin, did you modify default settings? By default when flashing, it should autoreboot your device.

DafitMusic

Mar 19, 2021
Redmi 9C
Press volume down + power then when it reboots press volume up instead ( but don't release power) it should reboot to twrp recovery.
In odin, did you modify default settings? By default when flashing, it should autoreboot your device.
I tired that and its still not* working, i didnt modify default settingsill i only used the downloaded by me files, when i reboot phone and the logo is shown its saying "The phone is not running Samsung's official software. You may have problems with features of security. and you won't be able to install software updates." idk what that mean but i think its not important and its still in download mode. im trying to flash orginal system but theres an error in odin when im trying to flash.

Last edited:

DafitMusic

Mar 19, 2021
Redmi 9C
That message is normal. Keep trying all button combinations you will get it.
btw i have A20e (A202F) and it is changes thing? theres a other way? i tried all button combination and only what i get is the power + up + down and its just faster reboot on the screen and getting to bootloader menu what giving me nothing .-. and oem have been locked and im not sure the usb debugging is turned on too

DafitMusic

Mar 19, 2021
Redmi 9C
hi im back with next problem, i trying to flash treble_experimentations-302.zip with adb sideload but i have errors "Device '(null)' not found" "Devices/Emulators not found" etc. how i can fix them? i need answer without "go to developer options" etc. because i dont have os installed and i trying to flash but these errors and youtube "fix videos" dont work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fo_TqTetKlqCCLrVp5saYnMW-Xlw%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww1-lw.xda-cdn.com%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F12%252Fteamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Recovery
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications
     * If you point the finger at me for messing your device. i will laugh at you

Special Notes:*
    1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options).
    2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.*
    (Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
    3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
    (You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
    4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work.

If you like my work please hit the "Thanks" button and feel free to donate to me via my Paypal

Guide
    1.Make sure u have rooted device.
    If Not follow this (Root For U3,S3,S4)
    2. Download the custom recovery[TWRP]
    3. On the PC rename the unpatched recovery as recovery.img*
    4. Use 7zip to make it into recovery.tar*
    (right click and choose add to archive)
    5. Use 7zip to add your patched boot.img to recovery.tar
    (right click and choose add to archive and choose recovery.tar)
    6. Use 7zip to add vbmeta.img to recovery.tar
    (right click and choose add to archive and choose recovery.tar)
    7. Install recovery.tar to ap slot using Odin.
    To ensure that data is not encrypted*so as to enable data to be backed up follow these steps
    8. Boot the A20 into TWRP and mount everything that you can.
    9. Format Data (not just wipe)
    10. Flash*Disable_Dm-Verity.
    11. Reboot into Recovery. It will reboot into download mode.
    12. On the pc repeat step 7.
    13. Reboot phone and re-enter all data.
    14. Reboot into Recovery.
    15. Flash Magisk
    16. Backup*boot, data & system
    17. You can now restore boot, data & system.

If u are getting vbmeta.img fotter error when booting to twrp Then flash this vbmeta.tar via odin ap solt.

Downloads
    Twrp [U3][U4][S3][S4]
    Build with A205FXXS4ASJ4 Source.

TWRP team
    @topjohnwu for root
    @ianmacd for TWRP flash guide
    @afaneh92 for device tree
    - @fahadali2315 Good friend, Always support me

Contributors
    @Agrim720

Version Information
    Current Stable Version:*1.0
    Stable Release Date:*2019-12-02

Created*2019-12-02
    Last Updated*2019-12-17
    Quick Root and TWRP.

A quick method is found here.https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-a20/how-to/guide-quick-root-twrp-galaxy-a20-t4069423

Make sure you backup boot, data & system (not system image) before you go on to install GSIs

This TWRP was originally designed for Android 9 but works perfectly with Android 10.
    It also comes with MTP built-in.

Fixed.
    Magic???
    Looking forward to seeing more A20 people with TWRP who can backup and restore. ?
    Twrp will work.
    Bcz its built from December security patch sw source.
    U can try and report for U4.

Im on U4 and it's confirmed that TWRP is working and installing custom kernel as well.