zvox

Feb 16, 2015
Algiers
back up all your data before starting​

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications.

Features:

- magisk works.
- encryption/decryption doesn't work.

Install guide:

1. you are in stock rom ..
2. go to settings and remove your google accounts ...
3. reboot to stock recovery ..
4. wipe data/cache
5. reboot to boot-loader ( download mode )
6. open Odin... choose AP and select the downloaded file TWRP_3.tar
7. connect your phone to usb and click start... immediately click volume up + power button tail you are in twrp
8. if you cant open internal storage on computer... format data on twrp.

Download:

https://mega.nz/#!SWYwAQAb!bbLnex8yhT7tyBTdTMr2wIS-tzITjg5VMJ_p1msXenQ

install this decrypter .

thanks to geiti94 and Mauronofrio and Zackptg5

Last edited:

t3chg33k

Jan 6, 2011
On booting to recovery using the key combination, my phone got stuck at the TeamWin splash screen and won't go beyond it. Now it just boots to that screen when using the normal key combination as well instead of Android. Anything I did wrong or is there any other issue?

I was using Magisk with stock recovery prior to flashing this. Going to flash the stock ROM again using Odin and try this once again.

Edit: Since all reboot options now lead to the TWRP splash screen, there doesn't seem to be a way to get in to download mode. Most likely seems that I have to let the battery drain out. A word of caution for anyone else trying this out.

Last edited:

zvox

Feb 16, 2015
Algiers
On booting to recovery using the key combination, my phone got stuck at the TeamWin splash screen and won't go beyond it. Now it just boots to that screen when using the normal key combination as well instead of Android. Anything I did wrong or is there any other issue?

I was using Magisk with stock recovery prior to flashing this. Going to flash the stock ROM again using Odin and try this once again.

Edit: Since all reboot options now lead to the TWRP splash screen, there doesn't seem to be a way to get in to download mode. Most likely seems that I have to let the battery drain out. A word of caution for anyone else trying this out.

have you formatted data? and rebooted directly to bootloader?

when stuck on spash screen means data is encrypted.

Last edited:
Reactions: m0b

t3chg33k

Jan 6, 2011
have you formatted data? and rebooted directly to bootloader?

when stuck on spash screen means data is encrypted.

I had removed all accounts and formatted data/cache partitions before flashing the TWRP file. However, the first time I missed booting immediately in to recovery and the OS started booting instead. So, I rebooted in to recovery and it is stuck on the TWRP splash screen since then. So, did the half boot in to the OS result in encryption of the data partition once again?

Tried just about everything but still stuck on the splash screen. I don't know when the battery will run out now but do hope that I will be able to get in to download mode once it does so or otherwise I think I got myself a brick.

zvox

Feb 16, 2015
Algiers
I had removed all accounts and formatted data/cache partitions before flashing the TWRP file. However, the first time I missed booting immediately in to recovery and the OS started booting instead. So, I rebooted in to recovery and it is stuck on the TWRP splash screen since then. So, did the half boot in to the OS result in encryption of the data partition once again?

Tried just about everything but still stuck on the splash screen. I don't know when the battery will run out now but do hope that I will be able to get in to download mode once it does so or otherwise I think I got myself a brick.

no needfor battery to drain, just Press volume up + down + power with USB plugged in and when the phone turn off release power and keep pressing up/down buttons. and you'll be directed to download mode

Reactions: 5im1 and t3chg33k

t3chg33k

Jan 6, 2011
no needfor battery to drain, just Press volume up + down + power with USB plugged in and when the phone turn off release power and keep pressing up/down buttons. and you'll be directed to download mode

Thanks, that's the combination I was looking out for. I did that combination without the USB connected and used some other combination when the USB was connected. After a fresh ODIN flash, I was able to boot in to TWRP without any issues, so great job with the recovery.

Update 1: After powering off the device, it is now only booting to stock recovery, no sign of TWRP. Selecting the 'Reboot to system' option in stock recovery results in a "cannot load android system" and "data may be corrupt" message. Selecting "factory reset" option in stock recovery booted me to Android.

Update 2: Booted to system after the factory reset and powered off. Now the phone won't go past the Samsung logo with the message "only official binaries are allowed to be flashed"

Last edited:

zvox

Feb 16, 2015
Algiers
Thanks, that's the combination I was looking out for. I did that combination without the USB connected and used some other combination when the USB was connected. After a fresh ODIN flash, I was able to boot in to TWRP without any issues, so great job with the recovery.

Update: After powering off the device, it is now only booting to stock recovery, no sign of TWRP. Selecting the 'Reboot to system' option in stock recovery results in a "cannot load android system" and "data may be corrupt" message. Selecting "factory reset" option in stock recovery booted me to Android.

wipe data again and reboot to bootloader and flash twrp again, once youre in twrp.. mount system... open file manager and go to system/system and rename recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak.
i forget to mention that.

dont forget to flash the decrypter before booting.

Reactions: t3chg33k

t3chg33k

Jan 6, 2011

wipe data again and reboot to bootloader and flash twrp again, once youre in twrp.. mount system... open file manager and go to system/system and rename recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak.
i forget to mention that.

dont forget to flash the decrypter before booting.

I had to first boot in to the OS and check for updates to register the device with the OEM unlock option enabled once again before the "official binaries only" message disappeared. Thereafter things worked out fine as per your instructions and I have permanent TWRP. Will try out Magisk-patched TWRP later and post the results.

t3chg33k

Jan 6, 2011
Anyone else tried this TWRP? is this really a permanent TWRP?

TWRP is permanent but it always boots to TWRP irrespective of key combination and from there one has to reboot to System.

Also, I patched the recovery image with Magisk and it doesn't seem to work. When rebooting to recovery from TWRP the first time, it leads to a blank screen and on rebooting it gets stuck at the Samsung boot logo.

Last edited:
Reactions: zidane02

zidane02

Nov 29, 2011
TWRP is permanent but it always boots to TWRP irrespective of key combination and from there one has to reboot to System.

Also, I patched the recovery image with Magisk and it doesn't seem to work. When rebooting to recovery ffrom TWRP the first time, it leads to a blank screen and on rebooting it gets stuck at the Samsung boot logo.

I see. But what is TWRP without magisk? Nandroid is ok, but my main purpose of TWRP is magisk.

So my 2nd question is, will this work on any firmware?

t3chg33k

Jan 6, 2011
I see. But what is TWRP without magisk? Nandroid is ok, but my main purpose of TWRP is magisk.

So my 2nd question is, will this work on any firmware?

Not much use for non-Magisk TWRP I am afraid. So I am going back to Magisk with stock recovery for now since I chiely use Titanium backup.

I am on the ASE2 firmware and since this TWRP boots it up fine, I am assuming it is the same kernel version as used in the stock version since its source code was released recently. Hence, it might not work with other firmware but I am in no position to check that out.

Reactions: zidane02

zidane02

Nov 29, 2011
Not much use for non-Magisk TWRP I am afraid. So I am going back to Magisk with stock recovery for now since I chiely use Titanium backup.

I am on the ASE2 firmware and since this TWRP boots it up fine, I am assuming it is the same kernel version as used in the stock version since its source code was released recently. Hence, it might not work with other firmware but I am in no position to check that out.

I see. Then I'll be preserving my knox for the mean time until a stable and Magisk-able TWRP is available.

There is magisk with stock recovery? Can you tell me where can I find this thread? Also will this method trip your knox? Thanks.

Last edited:

t3chg33k

Jan 6, 2011
I see. Then I'll be preserving my knox for the mean time until a stable and Magisk-able TWRP is available.

There is magisk with stock recovery? Can you tell me where can I find this thread? Also will this method trip your knox? Thanks.

You can always install Magisk with stock recovery for any firmware using topjohnwu's guide over here. However, Magisk installation will always trip Knox.

Also, TWRP might be helpful in flashing various patches, especially for GSI releases that you cannot do with the stock recovery.

zidane02

Nov 29, 2011
You can always install Magisk with stock recovery for any firmware using topjohnwu's guide over here. However, Magisk installation will always trip Knox.

Also, TWRP might be helpful in flashing various patches, especially for GSI releases that you cannot do with the stock recovery.

Thank you so much for the link. I'm good without TWRP for now, not a fan of GSI since many things are broken, magisk is what I really needed. Thanks again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    back up all your data before starting​

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications.

Features:

- magisk works.
    - encryption/decryption doesn't work.

Install guide:

1. you are in stock rom ..
    2. go to settings and remove your google accounts ...
    3. reboot to stock recovery ..
    4. wipe data/cache
    5. reboot to boot-loader ( download mode )
    6. open Odin... choose AP and select the downloaded file TWRP_3.tar
    7. connect your phone to usb and click start... immediately click volume up + power button tail you are in twrp
    8. if you cant open internal storage on computer... format data on twrp.

Download:

https://mega.nz/#!SWYwAQAb!bbLnex8yhT7tyBTdTMr2wIS-tzITjg5VMJ_p1msXenQ

install this decrypter .

thanks to geiti94 and Mauronofrio and Zackptg5

this one too