FORUMS

Is there anyway to root A50s ?

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By outof_galaxy, Member on 16th September 2019, 12:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Sorry if i posted to wrong place but i cant find any forum for a50s

i saw a50 have root now but cant see any root method for a50s

is it because this phone just release and doesnt have root yet?
16th September 2019, 10:04 PM |#2  
Flag Hartlepool
Thanks Meter: 52

Donate to Me
More
It may be very similar or maybe even exactly the same to the way we on the A50 gain root access, however, you've just gotta wait for someone to take that first step. I mean you could try but if I were you I'd wait for someone else to try first.
The Following User Says Thank You to RandomAJL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RandomAJL Ad-Free
17th September 2019, 01:56 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayL13601

It may be very similar or maybe even exactly the same to the way we on the A50 gain root access, however, you've just gotta wait for someone to take that first step. I mean you could try but if I were you I'd wait for someone else to try first.

Thanks for reply
i guess i will wait then
18th September 2019, 06:38 PM |#4  
Flag Distrito Federal
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redymedan

-----------------------------------------------------------
Complete Guide for Rooting Samsung Galaxy A50 using Magisk ( tested on SM-A505F ), you need Latest Magisk Manager and Stock ROM :
* Download the firmware Galaxy A50 (SM-A505F).
* Unzip the firmware and copy the AP tar file to your device. It is normally named as AP_[device_model_sw_ver].tar.md5. Copy AP tar file and MagiskManager-v7.3.2.apk to your phone.
* Install Magisk Manager ( MagiskManager-v7.3.2.apk ) on your phone.
* In Magisk Manager: Install → Install → Select and Patch a File
* Select the AP tar file. Magisk Manager will patch the whole firmware file and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.tar. Copy magisk_patched.tar the tar file to your PC
* Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key,* When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears. Select Wipe data / Factory reset, Select Reboot to bootloader.* Connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC using USB Cable.
*Flash magisk_patched.tar as AP in ODIN, together with the BL, CP and HOME_CSC files. Never flash only an AP file, as Odin can shrink your /data file-system if you do. Important: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
* Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device! Several steps before you can properly use the device.
* Reboot to the stock recovery to factory reset the device.
* Full data wipe is mandatory! Do not skip this step. Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key in the Android Logo screen with text "Erasing", when screen blank again Press and Hold Volume Up + Power key.* When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears. Select Wipe data / Factory reset. Select Reboot system now.
* After the device is booted up, do the usual initial setup. It need more time and patient. After finished,* You will see Magisk Manager app in app drawer.* If not, Install it manually.
* Connect the phone to Internet, open Magisk Manager.* Magisk Manager will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
* Done! You can use Root Checker to check it, Enjoy!

Watch this video https://youtu.be/vYcevuJKBac

It look like not easy for pressing key combination, so you need read and watch.
Finally I can root my galaxy A50 after 2 months later.

Solved: Lost Magisk Root After Reboot
To prevent loosing magisk root after reboot. Reboot the phone from Magisk or Fully Power Off, you can watch this video https://youtu.be/Ea8s16usBOM

Try this with your firmware, unlock bootloader its need
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkcannibal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Darkcannibal Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 12:06 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcannibal

Try this with your firmware, unlock bootloader its need

i will try and can my a50s use any version of twrp? just to backup my app and data because i see the guide said need to wipe data
also if i fail , does flash stockrom can prevent bootloop ?
19th September 2019, 01:32 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 166

Donate to Me
More
Before try to root it, make sure the firmware in your hand. I have A50s SM-A507FN and looking for the firmware
The Following User Says Thank You to redymedan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redymedan Ad-Free
25th September 2019, 05:18 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 166

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by outof_galaxy

Sorry if i posted to wrong place but i cant find any forum for a50s

i saw a50 have root now but cant see any root method for a50s

is it because this phone just release and doesnt have root yet?

Visit this Thread I just create it for rooting Galaxy A50s:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...ested-t3972859
The Following User Says Thank You to redymedan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redymedan Ad-Free
18th January 2020, 07:35 AM |#8  
Flag Konya
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Is there someone who use sm-a505f with root?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)