[GUIDE][ROOT][Magisk v20/v19.3] Samsung Galaxy A50 ( Update 12.11.2019 )

Search This thread

Seagold

Dec 17, 2016
Lagos
@DonCoyo
Weldone.
I'm following this thread because i want to buy this phone.
I heard is a good device.
Keep improving.

Sent from my Galaxy A8+ (2018) using XDA Labs

coldfear00

May 4, 2011
Hi there,
Yesterday I rooted my A505W (Canadian Variant) and got random reboots like almost every one else. It got so bad, I decided to go back to un rooted stock. Before flashing stock firmware I took a look in build.prop file, hoping I might find something that does not belong there after rooting. And I think I found it. At the very end there is line like this:

ro.expect.recovery_id=0xf1dee4214a6ffec6b8
2cec9a13222d4f34c7fd10000000000000000

Comment it out to lool like this:

#ro.expect.recovery_id=0xf1dee4214a6ffec6b8
#2cec9a13222d4f34c7fd10000000000000000

Wanted to delete it, but it was enough to comment it out whit #
Since last night I don’t have any reboots, it looks like commenting it out did the trick. So try it for yourself an see if it helps.
One more thing, if you need to reboot your device do not do it from Magisk, because it will keep rebooting, just power down and boot with the key combination. As I said since last night I have no random reboots.

Thanks man was really annoyed & this trick worked :D

jarno389

Jul 12, 2019
Thanks man was really annoyed & this trick worked :D

Was waiting for this ?

Still running on same rooted rom since friday. Can work with it, but when it turns off its really hard to get it on again.

So i have to make the change of the buil.prop file with a program? Then flash it again? Im not so known with this. Maybe some1 wants to make a video, who wants alot of thanks. ? (Or more detailed steps)

Reactions: Seagold

zidane02

Nov 29, 2011
Hi there,
Yesterday I rooted my A505W (Canadian Variant) and got random reboots like almost every one else. It got so bad, I decided to go back to un rooted stock. Before flashing stock firmware I took a look in build.prop file, hoping I might find something that does not belong there after rooting. And I think I found it. At the very end there is line like this:

Since last night I don’t have any reboots, it looks like commenting it out did the trick. So try it for yourself an see if it helps.
One more thing, if you need to reboot your device do not do it from Magisk, because it will keep rebooting, just power down and boot with the key combination. As I said since last night I have no random reboots.

Hi, I just did this trick but still got random reboots. I noticed also that the reboot triggers when I wake the phone from sleep, or when I press the power button to sleep, it reboots.. but not always though..

Any advise? or what did i do wrong?
-I powered off the device and keu combination = still reboots sometimes
-reboot from magisk = still reboots sometimes

DonCoyo

Jul 16, 2019
There's not much of advise I can give you, if you disabled some system apps, bloat, enable them back and freeze one or two at the time and see if it reboots, some xposed modules specially older ones will cause reboot, uninstall it, for example I installed gravity box (P) my phone started rebooting, had to uninstall it and it is OK now. This is trial and error process.

Reactions: zidane02

coldfear00

May 4, 2011
Was waiting for this

Still running on same rooted rom since friday. Can work with it, but when it turns off its really hard to get it on again.

So i have to make the change of the buil.prop file with a program? Then flash it again? Im not so known with this. Maybe some1 wants to make a video, who wants alot of thanks. (Or more detailed steps)
Use "buildprop editor" from play store, open it & select the pen icon on the top right, at the end of the page u will see the line "ro.expect.recovery_id=" put # before that like this "#ro.expect.recovery_id="

zidane02

Nov 29, 2011
There's not much of advise I can give you, if you disabled some system apps, bloat, enable them back and freeze one or two at the time and see if it reboots, some xposed modules specially older ones will cause reboot, uninstall it, for example I installed gravity box (P) my phone started rebooting, had to uninstall it and it is OK now. This is trial and error process.

I tried to disable Magisk Hide and restarted from Magisk. Got no random reboots since yesterday. To those who are experiencing random reboots, you may also try this and observe for yourself. TIA.

Reactions: Seagold

jarno389

Jul 12, 2019
I tried to disable Magisk Hide and restarted from Magisk. Got no random reboots since yesterday. To those who are experiencing random reboots, you may also try this and observe for yourself. TIA.

My magisk hide is always on and im still running the same rooted ROM like 10 days now. No random reboots anymore. Last random reboots i had was the moments when i touched the icons of calcy iv and pokegenie, which both uses screen overlay. I don't think it matters which way you restart your phone. I just took it easy this time with installing much apps and settings too quickly.
Also didn't change the build.prop editor yet, cuz i readed a post that someone still had reboots.
Battery dead results mostly in constant reboots. The last time it did I deleted cache in recovery. Use volume up and power till logo popsup to boot in root mode. (I think Root stays enabled then untill u do cache delete or factory reset. It restarted once, the 2nd time it stayed on with root enabled.

Still wondering if theres a way to let it boot easely without constant reboots and without the need of cache or factory reset after the battery dies and stuff. I haven't used factory reset since 10 days so i can just use my phone for work and everything.

I think screenoverlayed apps can be trouble.
Another funny thing, I always have the yellow filter light enabled. When the phone starts up, it reboots exactly on the moment that setting (or could be THE settings) is/are loaded. If it doesnt reboot you can see your screen turn yellow filter. For me it's a glorious feeling when it turns yellow cause then u know your phone is not gonna reboot.

Reactions: TZombi1234

aligold3n

Jul 22, 2019
Tehran
Hello guys
I try this method but stock on odin Recovery when tryin to flash with magisk_patched.tar and shown a red message in the top of the screen :
custom binary(vbmeta) blocked by ... lock
my bootloader was unlock i mean that toggle in developer option is active and on but still stock in that step
plz help
where is the issue?

Darkcannibal

Nov 4, 2012
CDMX
Hello guys
I try this method but stock on odin Recovery when tryin to flash with magisk_patched.tar and shown a red message in the top of the screen :
custom binary(vbmeta) blocked by ... lock
my bootloader was unlock i mean that toggle in developer option is active and on but still stock in that step
plz help
where is the issue?

Simple, you need unloock correctly your bootloader.
step 1 - back to stock
step 2 - watch this video www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1xZ-E3jhUg to UNLOCK (in the video show how to lock)
step 3 - Root again.

Reactions: aligold3n

aligold3n

Jul 22, 2019
Tehran
Thanks, i thaught i have to Lock the boatloader due to the video.

I do this (unlock the boatloader)
The error was gone but at the end of the flash progress with odin, stuck in the "RECOVERY" part (shown this word at the white square in odin) and do nothin not fail not pass, stuck for ever*

zidane02

Nov 29, 2011
Update: So far I am no longer experiencing random reboot. Hopefully it stays like this forever.

Edit: Btw, is there any proper way to edit the build.prop to think it is another device? for example S8 so I can install some apps from galaxy store like smart capture.. Thanks.

Last edited:

zidane02

Nov 29, 2011
Update: So far I am no longer experiencing random reboot. Hopefully it stays like this forever.

Edit: Btw, is there any proper way to edit the build.prop to think it is another device? for example S8 so I can install some apps from galaxy store like smart capture.. Thanks.

I managed to push the apk into system, got option to turn on and off in settings, but whenever I use the screencapture, I always get samsung capture has stopped. Do I need to edit the build.prop to make this work? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190728-204142_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190728-204142_Settings.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 615
  • Screenshot_20190728-204154_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190728-204154_Settings.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 613

jarno389

Jul 12, 2019
Ive been on same rom since 2 or 3 weeks ago with root. Couldnt turn it on always smoothly. Now i cant turn it on anymore with root mode after battery dead. Nonroot mode works. I gotta say i havent used samsung backup this whole time until 2 days ago. I restored the settings backup with samsung backup.
I think the only way for me again is factory reset. (sucks)

Runned in root mode 2 or 3 weeks without installing much apps and settings. It could be that restoring the settings part of the samsung backup, makes it hard to run in root mode.

ABDS23

May 11, 2019
The same thing happened to me

Thanks, i thaught i have to Lock the boatloader due to the video.

I do this (unlock the boatloader)
The error was gone but at the end of the flash progress with odin, stuck in the "RECOVERY" part (shown this word at the white square in odin) and do nothin not fail not pass, stuck for ever*
the same thing happened to me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Magisk v20 worked stable on Galaxy A50 but If you want to use Magisk v19.3 you can patch and downgrade it using Magisk Manager - Custom Channel Update https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcF0pfdQyW8
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Complete Guide for Rooting Samsung Galaxy A50 using Magisk v20 / v19.3 ( tested on SM-A505F ):
    * Download the firmware Galaxy A50 (SM-A505F).
    * Unzip the firmware and copy the AP tar file to your device. It is normally named as AP_[device_model_sw_ver].tar.md5. Copy AP tar file and MagiskManager apk to your phone.
    * Install Magisk Manager on your phone.
    * In Magisk Manager: Install → Install → Select and Patch a File
    * Select the AP tar file. Magisk Manager will patch the whole firmware file and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.tar. Copy magisk_patched.tar the tar file to your PC
    * Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key,* When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears.
    * Select Wipe data / Factory reset, Select Reboot to bootloader.* Connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC using USB Cable.
    *Flash magisk_patched.tar as AP in ODIN, together with the BL, CP and HOME_CSC files. Never flash only an AP file, as Odin can shrink your /data file-system if you do. Checked "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" only in options.
    * Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device and Rebooting!
    * After the device is booted up, do the usual initial setup. It need more time and patient.
    * Connect the phone to Internet copy Magisk Manager apk to your phone and Install it
    * Open Magisk Manager. It will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
    * Done! You can use Root Checker to check it, Enjoy!

New video Install and Root with Magisk v20 / v19.3 https://youtu.be/ILvgki0pFHE
    To prevent loosing magisk root after reboot. Reboot the phone from Magisk or Fully Power Off, you can watch this video https://youtu.be/Ea8s16usBOM
    Rooting with TWRP+Magisk ( ASH2 baseband version only ), you can watch this video https://youtu.be/kYwJAKBzX1E
    Hi there,

Worked great for my SM-A505G.

In summary, after installing Magisk:

(Powering up normally) → (System with NO Magisk)
    (Volume UP + Power) → (Splash screen) → (Release all buttons) → (System with Magisk)
    (Volume UP + Power) → (Splash screen) → (Keep pressing volume up) → (Actual recovery)
    FYI: To prevent loosing magisk root after reboot. Reboot the phone from Magisk or Fully Power Off, you can watch this video https://youtu.be/Ea8s16usBOM
    Anyone confirmed this to work on A505FN?
    Juste flashed my SM-A505FN, this is actually working.

(Anyone know If this is safe to update to Magisk 19.14 canary?)