FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Samsung A51, WhatsApp Couldn't restore messages

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By jamilakbar, Junior Member on 10th January 2020, 08:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys,

I don't know either this is appropriate place to post this issue here or not.

I just bought a new Samsung A51 and restored all stuff from my previous phone using Smart Switch.

Finally, when i tried to restore WhatsApp messages, it says "Couldn't restore messages ", "Check your phone's internet connection and tap Retry to restore"

I have retried several times while connected with WiFi and Mobile data too but no success. I have also uninstalled WhatsApp and then installed latest version from Play Store but not succeeded.

Can anyone help on this?
21st January 2020, 03:23 PM |#2  
Member
Flag Ruhrpott
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Yesterday I switched from Note 9 to A51.
Smartswitch told me it wouldn't be able to transfer my conversations so I did the following with success:
Open WhatsApp on the old device, go to Settings -> Chats and do a local backup.
Zip the whole WhatsApp folder in the root of the internal memory.
Transfer the whole zip file to the new phone, unzip it.
Use SmartSwitch to transfer WhatsApp.
Launch WhatsApp on the new phone. Do not use any recovery options you get presented with before the activation process. After confirming your phone number whatsapp will tell you it found a local backup which it will use.

E Viola.
23rd January 2020, 03:19 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Development?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTow

Yesterday I switched from Note 9 to A51.
Smartswitch told me it wouldn't be able to transfer my conversations so I did the following with success:
Open WhatsApp on the old device, go to Settings -> Chats and do a local backup.
Zip the whole WhatsApp folder in the root of the internal memory.
Transfer the whole zip file to the new phone, unzip it.
Use SmartSwitch to transfer WhatsApp.
Launch WhatsApp on the new phone. Do not use any recovery options you get presented with before the activation process. After confirming your phone number whatsapp will tell you it found a local backup which it will use.

E Viola.

Do you know if there is any custom roms and twrp and root?
23rd January 2020, 01:14 PM |#4  
Member
Flag Ruhrpott
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrfraser

Do you know if there is any custom roms and twrp and root?

Not yet my friend but I don't think it will take long until we see root and twrp.
23rd January 2020, 08:05 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTow

Not yet my friend but I don't think it will take long until we see root and twrp.

How long would that take you think? I have my A51 but haven't used it yet and I'm wondering if it is better to wait for a root method
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes