FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Should I wait for the US version, or buy an international one?

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mrvmrvmrv, Junior Member on 12th January 2020, 02:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Should I wait for the US version of this phone, or buy an international one? Will it be any differences in specs or in 4G/LTE bands for the US version? And how long does it usually take between the international release and US release? Thanks!
14th January 2020, 06:09 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
The only two bands across T-Mobile and AT&T that I see missing from gsmarena specs are Band 30 (AT&T, not sure how important this is) and Band 71 (hardly any phones have this, so should not miss it)

The rest (Bands 2,4,5,12,17,66) seem to be supported
14th January 2020, 09:06 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I've seen these specs, but they are selling now several variants - South American and some others, and it's hard to know what bands they have because models numbers are different than on GSM arena site....
17th January 2020, 04:44 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvmrvmrv

Should I wait for the US version of this phone, or buy an international one? Will it be any differences in specs or in 4G/LTE bands for the US version? And how long does it usually take between the international release and US release? Thanks!

I have the A70 and it's a South American version and I love it. You'll probably never notice a difference ever, with the exception of Samsung pay.
That will not work with phones outside your home region.
If that doesn't bother you than go for it.
If it does bother you than wait... or wait a bit longer for the 5G version that's just around the corner.

5G version on the way.
https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gal...news-41068.php

Just make sure that the phone you buy has the right frequencies ....Example SM-A515W (Canada) would work whereas SM-A515GN/DS might not.
spend some research time on the frequencies and you'll be fine ....

If you buy from B&H Camera they make it simple and have international versions that work here.
Hope tha helps.
17th January 2020, 04:47 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks! Where do they sell Canadian version? Also, is there a website with a listing for model numbers for all countries variants, I couldn'r find one....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)