FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.2.3-0 for Galaxy A6 (Sprint)

1,683 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,184

Post Reply Email Thread
Team Win Recovery Project

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Screenshot - Home Screenshot - Backup Name

Disclaimer:
- I am not responsible about any damage of any kind that this custom binary may cause.
- Please read the whole main post & related ones before proceed and follow the guide as it is wrote. I will not offer support for any issues that have been already stated.
- Your Knox Warranty Bit will be blown once you flash this or others custom binaries, preventing you to use Knox TZ Features. It can't be resetted in any way, so think twice before flashing this.
- Bugs can be reported here in XDA or via our Telegram Group. Please be more clear as possible and make sure you provide detailed info when reporting bugs (device variant and logcat).
- If you like my work please hit the "Thanks" button to support me. You're also free to donate me via my donation link here in XDA.

What is TWRP?
Oh come on, you know what it is - don't try to fool me!
In case you're serious, though...

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, root your device and more.

Read more about TWRP here: https://twrp.me/about/

How to flash and setup it completely?
- First, make sure your phone isn't RMM Locked.
- Download Odin3 v3.13.1, Samsung USB Drivers, latest TWRP's tar for your variant, latest no-verity-opt-encrypt zip and my RMM Bypass zip.
- Go to Settings App, Developer Options and enable OEM Unlock (If you don't see Developer Setings, go into About phone>Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show Developer Options menu).
- Do a backup of all your important data and files in your phone.
- Shutdown the phone. Once it's off, Power it On in Download Mode (Press and hold Power, Vol + and Vol - buttons together)
- Connect your phone in your PC, open Odin3, go in Option section and untick "Auto-reboot". Once that click the "AP" button and select the TWRP tar you downloaded before, then press the "Start" button.
- Once Odin3 finished to flash the recovery (you should see a "PASS" message), force reboot your phone (Press and hold Power and Vol - buttons together) and once the screen is off, press and hold Power and Vol + buttons together to boot in TWRP.
- Once TWRP is booted you first need to decrypt your /data partition. To do so touch Wipe>Format Data and follow the instructions in screen.
- Once it finished go back at the home screen and touch Reboot>Recovery. TWRP should be able to mount your data partition. Now copy the no-verity-opt-encrypt and RMM Bypass zip you downloaded before and flash them (touch Install and select each zip to flash it)
- You're now able to reboot to your OS without re-encrypting /data partition and without RMM Prenormal lock.

Download:
Galaxy A6 (Sprint) (a6eltespr):
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410932744536990448

Sources:
Kernel Source Code: https://github.com/devkingsteam/android_kernel_samsung_universal7885/
Device Tree: https://github.com/devkingsteam/andr...sung_a6eltespr

Changelog:
Check Post #2.

Galaxy A 2018 Community Telegram Group:
Invite Link

Credits:
- Samsung for kernel source code
- TeamWin for their awesome recovery
- @allenjthomsen for testing out the recovery

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP for Galaxy A6 (Sprint), Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy A6

Contributors
BlackMesa123
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.2.3-0
Stable Release Date: 2018-10-28

Created 2018-10-29
Last Updated 2018-10-29
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlackMesa123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlackMesa123 Ad-Free

29th October 2018, 02:22 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Adrano

Donate to Me
More
Changelog
Note that this page only includes device-specific changes. For global TWRP changes, go to twrp.me.

20181028 (3.2.3-0)
- First release
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlackMesa123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlackMesa123 Ad-Free
29th October 2018, 03:46 PM |#3  
Flag Rovno
Thanks Meter: 15

Donate to Me
More
How about A6+ in the future?
29th October 2018, 06:54 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Adrano

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by francuz1988

How about A6+ in the future?

In my free time I worked on kernel source code and a possible device tree, but I didn't managed to compile that and personally I'm not in the mood to build a TWRP for that device. Maybe another dev can look at it to fix my tree and compile TWRP for your device.
13th November 2018, 11:29 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 201

More
Root
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMesa123

Code:

/*
*/

Screenshot - Home
Screenshot - Backup Name

Disclaimer:
- I am not responsible about any damage of any kind that this custom binary may cause.
- Please read the whole main post & related ones before proceed and follow the guide as it is wrote. I will not offer support for any issues that have been already stated.
- Your Knox Warranty Bit will be blown once you flash this or others custom binaries, preventing you to use Knox TZ Features. It can't be resetted in any way, so think twice before flashing this.
- Bugs can be reported here in XDA or via our Telegram Group. Please be more clear as possible and make sure you provide detailed info when reporting bugs (device variant and logcat).
- If you like my work please hit the "Thanks" button to support me. You're also free to donate me via my donation link here in XDA.

What is TWRP?

It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, root your device and more.

- Download Odin3 v3.13.1, Samsung USB Drivers, latest TWRP's tar for your variant, latest no-verity-opt-encrypt zip and my RMM Bypass zip.
- Go to Settings App, Developer Options and enable OEM Unlock (If you don't see Developer Setings, go into About phone>Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show Developer Options menu).
- Shutdown the phone. Once it's off, Power it On in Download Mode (Press and hold Power, Vol + and Vol - buttons together)
- Connect your phone in your PC, open Odin3, go in Option section and untick "Auto-reboot". Once that click the "AP" button and select the TWRP tar you downloaded before, then press the "Start" button.
- Once Odin3 finished to flash the recovery (you should see a "PASS" message), force reboot your phone (Press and hold Power and Vol - buttons together) and once the screen is off, press and hold Power and Vol + buttons together to boot in TWRP.
- Once TWRP is booted you first need to decrypt your /data partition. To do so touch Wipe>Format Data and follow the instructions in screen.
- Once it finished go back at the home screen and touch Reboot>Recovery. TWRP should be able to mount your data partition. Now copy the no-verity-opt-encrypt and RMM Bypass zip you downloaded before and flash them (touch Install and select each zip to flash it)
- You're now able to reboot to your OS without re-encrypting /data partition and without RMM Prenormal lock.

Download:

Sources:
Kernel Source Code: https://github.com/devkingsteam/android_kernel_samsung_universal7885/

Changelog:
Check Post #2.

Invite Link

Credits:

Contributors
BlackMesa123

Version Information

Created 2018-10-29
Last Updated 2018-10-29

Does this phone have a root process yet ?
14th November 2018, 02:57 AM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter couniaz

Does this phone have a root process yet ?

and u quoted whole post just to asking that question??
root process? of course, if TWRP already available and working then THE ROOT PROCESS is flash magisk/superSU etc..etc..(base on instruction that post).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to an-_-dro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift an-_-dro Ad-Free
14th November 2018, 07:53 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Adrano

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by an-_-dro

and u quoted whole post just to asking that question??
root process? of course, if TWRP already available and working then THE ROOT PROCESS is flash magisk/superSU etc..etc..(base on instruction that post).

SuperSU is outdated, better to use Magisk.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackMesa123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlackMesa123 Ad-Free
8th January 2019, 06:36 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Will this work on Boost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMesa123

Code:

/*
*/

Screenshot - Home
Screenshot - Backup Name

Disclaimer:

What is TWRP?

Download:

Sources:

Changelog:
Check Post #2.

Invite Link

Credits:

Contributors
BlackMesa123

Version Information

Created 2018-10-29
Last Updated 2018-10-29

Will this work on boost?
9th January 2019, 12:07 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Adrano

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickEwoo

Will this work on boost?

If phone model/soc is A600P/Exynos 7884(5), yes.
20th February 2019, 03:12 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Will TWRP be ported to the T-Mobile variant of the A6?
1st March 2019, 11:49 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)