Pixel Camera Port?

Search This thread

Erecik

May 27, 2016
Guys, Google Camera won't work like you think it will, because A7 only supports Limited Camera 2 API. You can't use HDR+, feature that makes GCAM take good photos.

Bokiz81

Mar 8, 2019
I installed Gcam for samsung S9 exynos on my samsung A7 2018.
Restarted phone after install. Works perfect.
Phone was rubbish before, one is a star.

Reactions: youwi

vlado153

Aug 25, 2015
HD camera pro?

I have already wrote it? Camera Zoom FX Premium https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=slide.cameraZoom , but I think that the free version would also let you select this option.

Aside from gcam and camera zoom I am currently testing few other apps:

HD Camera Pro (paid)
LG camera 7.1
Camera FV-5
CameraMX
Open Camera

After more than 700 pictures taken side by side with each app I have come to the conclusion that as for sharpness, details and balanced light HD Camera Pro is the best for indoors and Camera Zoom FX for outside day and night photography.
This ordeal took me over a week to do but was worth it.
The only problems with all these apps is that none of them supports the wide camera, it`s only available in the integrated samsung camera app.

I still hope for some time in the future we will got our hands on fully functional Gcam port with wide camera support. And I think that it would beat all of the above apps. I hope it would happen sooner than later.
What HD Camera pro paid are you talking about? There are lot of HD Camera Pro in Google play

Reactions: matteo2

matteo2

Mar 12, 2011
Do you talk about Exynos:*GC_5.1.018_IDan1109?

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

wiper05

May 14, 2017
Ask Samsung to provide source code for camera drivers, modify it to support RAW capture and then modify kernel to put it together.

In other words : no
I'm a bit new to all of this, as soon as I got the phone I was told to install the Google Camera, but didn't really bother as I was satisfied with the default one ( especially with the wide angle ) . But then I've stumbled across the post complaining about pictures quality, and I realised they were actually crap, I just don't have a proper phone to compare them with.
I was then wondering whether -
- a functioning google camera app would be better than the default one even without the HDR+
- the dark and creepy playstore market has maybe some app that really fixes the blurry pics issue which the phone suffers of.

I'm also on android 9 since yesterday and i've maaybe noticed an improvement already, but I'm not sure .

vlado153

Aug 25, 2015
better details

I'm a bit new to all of this, as soon as I got the phone I was told to install the Google Camera, but didn't really bother as I was satisfied with the default one ( especially with the wide angle ) . But then I've stumbled across the post complaining about pictures quality, and I realised they were actually crap, I just don't have a proper phone to compare them with.
I was then wondering whether -
- a functioning google camera app would be better than the default one even without the HDR+
- the dark and creepy playstore market has maybe some app that really fixes the blurry pics issue which the phone suffers of.

I'm also on android 9 since yesterday and i've maaybe noticed an improvement already, but I'm not sure .

Try to use FOOD MODE and disable the blur circle, only this mode delivers images without strong noise reduction and with more saturated colors..

ZetsueN

May 17, 2019
For pie

Hello guys, sorry to interrupt u but i need Gcam for Android pie.. This version aint working in pie.. Help me please.. Thank u in advance

Kriomag

Nov 22, 2011
Poznań
As said before, A7 has limited Camera2 API so gcam will not work with hdr+ only standard pictures which are as good/crap as on any camera app.

matteo2

Mar 12, 2011
What about quality with this gcam? Version 7 just extraxcted from pixel 4, do you try to port it to a7?

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys I got a stable gcam for samsung a7 with all working features expect night sight but with some tweaks it will work.....
    N also upload its xml file
    If anybody get success...https://mega.nz/#!tzJhBYDI!NjaaXy8Hg0i3YUyHU1dY8z9THWdvUd8VCIrzVnhYYyE
    I have already wrote it? Camera Zoom FX Premium https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=slide.cameraZoom , but I think that the free version would also let you select this option.

Aside from gcam and camera zoom I am currently testing few other apps:

HD Camera Pro (paid)
    LG camera 7.1
    Camera FV-5
    CameraMX
    Open Camera

After more than 700 pictures taken side by side with each app I have come to the conclusion that as for sharpness, details and balanced light HD Camera Pro is the best for indoors and Camera Zoom FX for outside day and night photography.
    This ordeal took me over a week to do but was worth it.
    The only problems with all these apps is that none of them supports the wide camera, it`s only available in the integrated samsung camera app.

I still hope for some time in the future we will got our hands on fully functional Gcam port with wide camera support. And I think that it would beat all of the above apps. I hope it would happen sooner than later.
    I installed Gcam for samsung S9 exynos on my samsung A7 2018.
    Restarted phone after install. Works perfect.
    Phone was rubbish before, one is a star.

Link Please! Tks
    @Kalpsmart7 I somehow missed your post so I apologize for the late reply.
    This is my way of fixing the problem.

Go into the apps section to the gcam app and force close it.
    Then clear the cache for the app.
    Then turn off HDR into the main camera app.
    After that start the gcam app - it should start working normally.
    Then you can go into the main camera app and turn on HDR again as it would not cause any more problems.

But as I said in my earlier posts although you can set the resolution at 24MP the end result will be in only 8MP.
    I don`t know the reason for this problem but for now it`s like that. If I find other working port I`ll test it again.