FORUMS

Stoping this damn RMM State Prenormal

27 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By Doghan13, Junior Member on 27th December 2018, 02:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there.

I've been stuck with RMM State Prenormal on my Galaxy A8 2018 for 3 months, waiting for this to be gone. Nothing to do, after 3 months of uptime, it still there.
Many tricks with time and date hasn't worked anymore, but finally I just success to bypass this s***.
What I've done :

_Install stock rom from original carrier (BOG for me, I were on XEF for deleting bloatwares).
_At boot, do NOT put your Google account and Samsung account, only Wi-Fi and that's all.
_When install wizard is finished, do NOT activate Developpers Options. Go directly at time and date, set it 8 days before after desactivate "Auto time and date".
_Go to System Update. Then untick "auto update" and check for update.
_Reboot.
_Go back to actual time and date, check again for update.
_Only NOW, activate Developpers Options and OEM Unlock should be there.

It worked for me after MANY MANY tricks, attempts, and hopeless. This way given me another luck to root my phone and now I'm done and free with it.
Sorry if my english is sometimes bad. Hoping I've helped some users.
Regards !

Edit : I did it on bootloader V3 (U3BRJ4).
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Doghan13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Doghan13 Ad-Free
27th December 2018, 05:16 PM |#2  
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 330

Donate to Me
More
I hope it actually works with other a530f
because I have a530w and a530w doesn't have rmm prenormal in bootloader, I can't really test this
The Following User Says Thank You to 587.saboor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 587.saboor Ad-Free
27th December 2018, 07:48 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Beausemblant(26)

More
Yup, canadian and some versions of samsung smartphone (Verizon or something else if I don't mistake ?) doesn't have any method to unlock their bootloaders because they are locked by default and forever. But I've posted it for those who have international variant (SM-A530F for me).
27th December 2018, 07:59 PM |#4  
Flag Edmonton

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghan13

Yup, canadian and some versions of samsung smartphone (Verizon or something else if I don't mistake ?) doesn't have any method to unlock their bootloaders because they are locked by default and forever. But I've posted it for those who have international variant (SM-A530F for me).

no, I mean that Canadian variant of a8 is exactly the opposite of what you said, rmm is always unlocked, so oem unlock is always there

and a8 is the only exynos Samsung device in canada so we're lucky we didn't get any snapdragon version or that would be locked forever
27th December 2018, 09:43 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Beausemblant(26)

More
Oh, mea culpa. I thought it was like Galaxy S4 who were totally locked (received one from Canada to France, last year, I were disapointed that is not GT I9500 but SGH I337M).
But the result stay the same, this is for unlocked bootloader that can be "locked" by RMM State ^^
17th January 2019, 04:03 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hello, I want to test tous method and I have an dummy question, To install stock rom, I have To flash with Odin an original firmware from sammobile and if it's yes what file I have To flash

Thx

(Sorry for my bad English I'm French ^^)
20th January 2019, 01:15 AM |#7  
Flag Edmonton

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by angy12

Hello, I want to test tous method and I have an dummy question, To install stock rom, I have To flash with Odin an original firmware from sammobile and if it's yes what file I have To flash

Thx

(Sorry for my bad English I'm French ^^)

once you downloaded it, extract zip file, then there should be 5 files, dont worry about the HOME_CSC, that leaves us with 4 files, put them in the correct position on odin, AP to AP slot, etc
20th January 2019, 04:37 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi, I've tried many times with différent BL but nothing To do' OEM doesn't appears and always state Prenormal :/
I'm on bootloader V3
25th January 2019, 12:17 PM |#9  
Flag Markuszowa
Thanks Meter: 70

More
It's a pity that after root we lose all the guarantees through knox
11th February 2019, 07:44 PM |#10  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Midlands, UK
Thanks Meter: 4,862

More
Thread cleaned:

FORUM RULES

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.
14th February 2019, 07:03 PM |#11  
Forum Moderator
Flag Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks Meter: 914

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adek89

It's a pity that after root we lose all the guarantees through knox

the only thing that has irritated me so far about knox is losing samsung pay
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)