FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Camera api2 - google camera hdr+

36 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By pollanza, Member on 22nd February 2018, 07:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
I have tried various exynos hdr+ camera port but hdr+ doesnt seem to work on the a8.
I tried with camera2 probe and it says that support is "limited".
Has anyone succeded to activate them?
Thank you
 
 
1st March 2018, 01:34 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollanza

Hello,
I have tried various exynos hdr+ camera port but hdr+ doesnt seem to work on the a8.
I tried with camera2 probe and it says that support is "limited".
Has anyone succeded to activate them?
Thank you

try this link https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-hdr-t3656120/
I have downloaded gcam version 4.4,, Hdr + works well with great picture & the large size of photos, between 8 to 9 Mb
I wish there is a programer member could make the new version of google camera that suitable for my A8 2018, because I have install the one from @MiniUser , it failed to catch portrait, my device restart by itself,,,,
The Following User Says Thank You to yogacrypto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yogacrypto Ad-Free
1st March 2018, 07:28 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogacrypto

try this link https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-hdr-t3656120/
I have downloaded gcam version 4.4,, Hdr + works well with great picture & the large size of photos, between 8 to 9 Mb
I wish there is a programer member could make the new version of google camera that suitable for my A8 2018, because I have install the one from @MiniUser , it failed to catch portrait, my device restart by itself,,,,

I've tried the apk 4.4 in the conversation you linked and it freezes. I Can't take a photo with hdr+. You can take hdr photos with that version on your Galaxy a8 or in another phone?
Thank you
1st March 2018, 10:02 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollanza

I've tried the apk 4.4 in the conversation you linked and it freezes. I Can't take a photo with hdr+. You can take hdr photos with that version on your Galaxy a8 or in another phone?
Thank you

it works on my device samsung A8 2018 Indonesia, or mybe you can try another version:
B-S-G's Modded Google Camera 5.1.014 with HDR+ for Android 7.0 / ARM64 v1.5f All-in-One Full
this version also works for my device, but I love the earlier version's result on HDr+ (B-S-G's Modded Google Camera 4.4.020 with HDR+ for Android 7.0 / ARM64 v3.8c All-in-One Full Manual), the picture result is better than my samsung A8 stock camera apps, especially it can get more detail in direct sunlight or low light with larger amount of file size

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollanza

I've tried the apk 4.4 in the conversation you linked and it freezes. I Can't take a photo with hdr+. You can take hdr photos with that version on your Galaxy a8 or in another phone?
Thank you

after download apk file, install it as normal apk, never use the setting on the website, in the camera menu will appear HDR+, you need to do is clik the HDR+ on,,, if you go to setting, it will crash or freeze
I have use open camera to test If my device is support camera.api2, & it is supported, ,,,(find on open camera setting, camera.api2 enable)
1st March 2018, 06:45 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogacrypto

it works on my device samsung A8 2018 Indonesia, or mybe you can try another version:
B-S-G's Modded Google Camera 5.1.014 with HDR+ for Android 7.0 / ARM64 v1.5f All-in-One Full
this version also works for my device, but I love the earlier version's result on HDr+ (B-S-G's Modded Google Camera 4.4.020 with HDR+ for Android 7.0 / ARM64 v3.8c All-in-One Full Manual), the picture result is better than my samsung A8 stock camera apps, especially it can get more detail in direct sunlight or low light with larger amount of file size

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------



after download apk file, install it as normal apk, never use the setting on the website, in the camera menu will appear HDR+, you need to do is clik the HDR+ on,,, if you go to setting, it will crash or freeze
I have use open camera to test If my device is support camera.api2, & it is supported, ,,,(find on open camera setting, camera.api2 enable)

Thank you for your partecipation!!
I've done exactly as you said and I did various test.
With that version you can take a photo with hdr+ selected but it won't be a real hdr+ photo because it doesn't process the 3 photo like in supported phones. It takes a normal photo, a good photo, but not an hdr one because in the settings menu the hdr is disabled.
I've tried really a lot of the Google camera ports and not a single one can take an hdr photo.
The ones that try to take a real hdr photo crash, the ones that have some option that disable the her processing don't (even if it's selected into the camera option).
I really hope that with the Oreo update Samsung will activate the camera 2 api to a "level 3" settings because I don't want to root or unlock the boot loader to force the api activation.
11th March 2018, 04:55 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I wish there's some programmer which could make an app to click pics in portrait mode from this phone, Please this phone just lacks that one thing.
17th March 2018, 06:01 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
hi, i need to ask you a question, a friend have galaxy A8 but can't record 4k videos, with Open Camera (with cameraApi2? it's possible to do it?
18th March 2018, 12:58 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
FInally I can make portrait photos by using gcam version 8 by mini user
in setting just disable all front cam Hdr+ & portrait mode coz it isn't working on my front cam (hang & push to restart), only working for rear one
in setting also enable fix black level offset (to prevent your portrait photos become red or pink)
below are the link,

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-mode-t3736859

for the sample please look at this link (portrait mode),
https://mobile.facebook.com/photo.ph...=group_comment

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avati1992

hi, i need to ask you a question, a friend have galaxy A8 but can't record 4k videos, with Open Camera (with cameraApi2? it's possible to do it?

I can record 4k (30fps) video with cinema 4k (I downloaded it at play store)
the result you cant play by using samsung video player so you need to download MX player
cinema 4k also doesn't provide to storage your video on sd card,,,,
I ve tried open camera & enable camera 2 APi, but the video resulution is only full HD (1080p)

perhaps this app also work for your A8 2018
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yogacrypto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yogacrypto Ad-Free
18th March 2018, 04:11 PM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
With the last minuser version of the port, 8.2, I can too do real hdr+ photos. It elaborates the image after I take It, file dimension is big around 7 mb and quality is good, a lot better than the default camera for the rear cam.
If you disable the front camera hdr fix it disable the hdr in the rear camera too.
I think I'll stick with this version because it's the only one that has real hdr+ working.
20th March 2018, 04:01 PM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
the latest version 8.2 of @miniuser123 works fine, but you have to deactivate the flash, otherwise the app crashes and the phone restarts. From the settings you only have to activate fix black level offset to prevent the portrait photos are with a lilac patina. The hdr setting for the front camera leaves it unchanged, otherwise it also acts on the rear camera. So much for the selfie is great for the Samsung app, considering that the Galaxy A8 has 2 front cameras.
20th March 2018, 10:50 PM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
With the 8.2 the difference between the stock camera and the gcam is enormous.
It seems as if Samsung limited the quality of the post processing so this phone, even with a good (and advertised 16mb 1.7) rear camera, couldn't even go near the s8 in photo quality. I've compared a lot of photos I took simultaneously with my a8 and the s8+ of a friend of mine.
With the stock camera the s8 wins hands down. If you compare the a8 pics taken with a working hdr+ gcam the gap is a lot smaller. They come close, but the s8 has always the lead.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes