FORUMS

A530W CSC Mod

1,040 posts
Thanks Meter: 330

By 587.saboor, Senior Member on 9th September 2018, 11:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
NOTICE: this is a pretty old csc lol

NOTICE: if you have A530F or A530N this is not the right thread for you unless you want to use canadian features with your canadian sim

NOTICE 2:
I am not responsible for any happy endings with your device's carrier, Especially when you are tampering with CSC, so dont blame me for my mistakes or yours, or else i will laugh at you

FEATURES:
CSCFeature XMLs decoded
Mobile data from quick settings is no longer lost 😂
voLTE switch on quick settings for Freedom Mobile and others that support voLTE
Screen Recorder

INSTRUCTIONS:
literally just flash zip from twrp

DOWNLOAD:
https://mega.nz/#!P9MhTYLK!DL0kH92pY...pzxKMSpjsb_vNY

If you want your CSC here (like a530n) then please mention your carrier and region and i will add it here in 3 hours
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 587.saboor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 587.saboor Ad-Free
10th September 2018, 11:03 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I wonder if we could just turn this thread into a CSC thread. Have everything in one place.
11th September 2018, 01:00 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edmonton

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipsname

I wonder if we could just turn this thread into a CSC thread. Have everything in one place.

Ye could do that, too lazy to do another csc tho so i will do that later
15th September 2018, 11:48 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edmonton

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If you want you can tell me your CSC region and i can add it here
The Following User Says Thank You to 587.saboor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 587.saboor Ad-Free
19th September 2018, 10:31 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 587.saboor

If you want you can tell me your CSC region and i can add it here

Canada. Which I think is the same file now for all A530Ws. I think.
19th September 2018, 11:29 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edmonton

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Canada. Which I think is the same file now for all A530Ws. I think.

yep, all Canadian models are XAC even though they're made for GLW or others
The Following User Says Thank You to 587.saboor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 587.saboor Ad-Free
12th November 2018, 05:09 AM |#7  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 587.saboor

yep, all Canadian models are XAC even though they're made for GLW or others

I disagree, phone modelled is RWC. For Roger Wireless. When I flashed XAC version my baseband was incorrect and had to reflash RWC.
14th November 2018, 11:00 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Edmonton

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deftylefty

I disagree, phone modelled is RWC. For Roger Wireless. When I flashed XAC version my baseband was incorrect and had to reflash RWC.

yes because wrong selected csc, but i mean that all canadian CSCs are *based* on XAC, boot into download mode and you'll see the carrier code as XAC, and on about phone, it will show RWC/RWC/XAC
4th December 2018, 06:41 PM |#9  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Hey just want to thank you for the csc work. I was disappointed with the new covert files.

I've added a few more in case anyone wants to add some extra stuff without having to search it again... I use Virgin so I just added these lines to the /system/omc/VMC/cscfeature.xml file. Yes they're all well known but i thought this would be a good place to help get them back along with the fine work by the op.

Mobile Data on power off/restart screen (actually just need to find this one and change FALSE<TRUE):
<CscFeature_Framework_SupportDataModeSwitchGlobalA ction>TRUE</CscFeature_Framework_SupportDataModeSwitchGlobalAc tion>

Sending blank sms messages. Most annoying feature for a deserving friend. (just hit send like you're playing galaga):
<CscFeature_Message_EnableSendingEmptySms>TRUE</CscFeature_Message_EnableSendingEmptySms>

Disable malware. Score 100% and no more threat detected. Not sure if it kills the notifications as I did that long ago::
<CscFeature_SmartManager_DisableAntiMalware>TRUE </CscFeature_SmartManager_DisableAntiMalware>

If you get the csc feature app in playstore, it is a good resource for the familiar tweaks if you need manual entry details
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181204-114307_Samsung Experience Home.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	4658328   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181204-114401_Messages.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	4658330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181204-114254_Device maintenance.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	4658331  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mindlery For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mindlery Ad-Free
12th October 2019, 04:50 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Is it possible to change from Rogers to Freedom using this? Also does it work on Pie?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)