#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
- I am not responsible about any damage of any kind that this custom binary may cause.
- Please read the whole main post & related ones before proceed and follow the guide as it is wrote. I will not offer support for any issues that have been already stated.
- Your Knox Warranty Bit will be blown once you flash this or others custom binaries, preventing you to use Knox TZ Features. It can't be resetted in any way, so think twice before flashing this.
- Bugs can be reported here in XDA or via our Telegram Group. Please be more clear as possible and make sure you provide detailed info when reporting bugs (device variant and logcat).
- If you like my work please hit the "Thanks" button to support me. You're also free to donate me via my donation link here in XDA.
What is TWRP?
Oh come on, you know what it is - don't try to fool me!
In case you're serious, though...
Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, root your device and more.
Read more about TWRP here: https://twrp.me/about/
How to flash and setup it completely?
- First, make sure your phone isn't RMM Locked.
- Download Odin3 v3.13.1, Samsung USB Drivers, latest TWRP's tar for your variant, latest no-verity-opt-encrypt zip and my RMM Bypass zip.
- Go to Settings App, Developer Options and enable OEM Unlock (If you don't see Developer Setings, go into About phone>Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show Developer Options menu).
- Do a backup of all your important data and files in your phone.
- Shutdown the phone. Once it's off, Power it On in Download Mode (Press and hold Power, Vol + and Vol - buttons together)
- Connect your phone in your PC, open Odin3, go in Option section and untick "Auto-reboot". Once that click the "AP" button and select the TWRP tar you downloaded before, then press the "Start" button.
- Once Odin3 finished to flash the recovery (you should see a "PASS" message), force reboot your phone (Press and hold Power and Vol - buttons together) and once the screen is off, press and hold Power and Vol + buttons together to boot in TWRP.
- Once TWRP is booted you first need to decrypt your /data partition. To do so touch Wipe>Format Data and follow the instructions in screen.
- Once it finished go back at the home screen and touch Reboot>Recovery. TWRP should be able to mount your data partition. Now copy the no-verity-opt-encrypt and RMM Bypass zip you downloaded before and flash them (touch Install and select each zip to flash it)
- You're now able to reboot to your OS without re-encrypting /data partition and without RMM Prenormal lock.
Galaxy A8 2018 (jackpotlte):
Galaxy A8+ 2018 (jackpot2lte):
Kernel Source Code: https://github.com/devkingsteam/android_kernel_samsung_universal7885/
Device Tree (jackpotlte): https://github.com/TeamWin/android_d...ung_jackpotlte
Device Tree (jackpot2lte): https://github.com/TeamWin/android_d...ng_jackpot2lte
Check Post #2.
A8 2018 Community Telegram Group:
- Samsung for kernel source code
- TeamWin for their awesome recovery
- @ananjaser1211 and @McFy for their help and support
- @SaboorTheCool for testing out the recovery
TWRP for Galaxy A8+ 2018, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018)
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin
Current Stable Version: 3.2.3-0
Stable Release Date: 2018-09-21
Last Updated 2018-09-21