Installing Custom Recovery, without download mode or USB Debugging.

Installing TWRP without Download mode, fastboot or USB Debugging

• Using Stock recovery

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Verifying / Signing TWRP

• Formatting / NAND Erasing Phone

• Downgrading Firmware

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

kingy_119

Mar 16, 2014
Hi,

I would like to begin by stating I am new to posting on XDA, but I have used XDA for finding help in the past. The help is always accurate and exceptional. I am hoping that someone will be able to help me with a new problem that I can't get my head around. I will try my best to give all information I can.

OK Here Goes..........

My Father has a samsung A8, model A530F (Jackpotltexx/Jackpotlte8.0.0/R16nw/A530Fxxu3brl8 (this info obtained from stock recovery mode))
Now the problem is he has somehow activated, what I believe is called an MDM Lock.
I Believe because of this the phone will not go into download mode via button presses or any other means. Also USB debugging was not turned on nor OEM Unlocking.

What I wish to Achieve is to somehow install A custom recovery preferably TWRP to his device so that I can install a custom ROM or Even the default Firmware Via SDcard or Via ADB Sideload. I have already tried installing TWRP via SDCARD and ADB but I keep getting verification errors.

The Only thing I believe I have to use is the stock recovery, which won't let me factory reset, go into download mode or fastboot because of this stupid mdm lock. The only thing that seems to work is Update via ADB Sideload or SDcard but they require to be officially signed and verified.

Is there a way to install twrp or verify it?
Can I simply find verified Updates to downgrade / upgrade so that I can get usb debugging or download back?
Is there a way to format the phone using a verified zip?
Can The SDCard be used as a Boot device and install TWRP to it?

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks In Advance.

kingy_119

Mar 16, 2014
Extra Info

Just updating my original post with some extra info,

When starting up phone in recovery the following is displayed at the bottom of the terminal.

#Reboot Recovery Cause is [BL:Recovery Mode Set by Key]# Support Single-SKU

File-Based OTA supported API: 3

#Manual Mode V1.0.0# remove failed dir '/system/carrier/ATT/Priv-app/AttIqi_ATT '(No such file or directorty)

Successfully verified dmverity hash tree.

Also when selecting Update via ADB It seems to activate the USB connection. Is there a way I can use this?

When I type adb devices it comes up with
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb devices
List of devices attached
52004f7ac028259d sideload

I was also wondering if anyone knows of anything that the stock recovery mode can update / flash. I have gotten a lot of "official firmware updates" from trusted sites and none of them want to update via adb or SDK card due to verification / signing issues.

Once again Thanks to everyone.