FORUMS

Treble GSI

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By danielfrancisarthurs, Member on 10th November 2019, 11:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Has anyone been able to successfully install a treble enabled GSI e.g AOSP onto the A80? Also if so, what current issues are there with this device running a treble GSI and is there anyone maintaining it? Thanks.
3rd December 2019, 04:29 PM |#2  
Flag M'SAKEN
Thanks Meter: 1,130

More
yes havoc 2.9 workod for me
4th December 2019, 11:12 AM |#3  
Flag Sampaloc, Manila
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbuga

yes havoc 2.9 workod for me

how did you install?
4th December 2019, 10:31 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Yes would be great to know how you flashed it? I noticed they now have twrp working for our device but I wonder how easy it is to flash a gsi and to what extent things work e.g fingerprint and camera mainly?
14th December 2019, 05:36 PM |#5  
Flag Sampaloc, Manila
Thanks Meter: 15

More
any feedback since we now have a functional twrp?
14th December 2019, 09:38 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
I would say the TWRP made is not that functional, you can’t transfer files through TWRP once you wipe data for some reason. I tried wiping data before flashing a GSI and my computer would then literally not read the phone storage, nothing would come up. Also other ways I tried to do it without transferring over TWRP did not work. Once I got passed it and flashed a gsi, I would just get a bootloop...
So I’m not entirely sure where to go from there to be honest. I re flashed stock and am staying in stock till TWRP is more functional and a GSI is able to be booted.
20th December 2019, 12:14 AM |#7  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielfrancisarthurs

I would say the TWRP made is not that functional, you can’t transfer files through TWRP once you wipe data for some reason. I tried wiping data before flashing a GSI and my computer would then literally not read the phone storage, nothing would come up. Also other ways I tried to do it without transferring over TWRP did not work. Once I got passed it and flashed a gsi, I would just get a bootloop...
So I’m not entirely sure where to go from there to be honest. I re flashed stock and am staying in stock till TWRP is more functional and a GSI is able to be booted.

did u tried transfer files through adb sideload?
20th December 2019, 03:12 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
I could not get adb sideload to work, my computer would not recognise the device at all through adb
25th April 2020, 10:42 PM |#9  
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone has been able to successfully flash a GSI on the A80? If so, how and which one/s?
28th June 2020, 10:05 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDP12

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone has been able to successfully flash a GSI on the A80? If so, how and which one/s?

From A80XDA Telegram Group:
1) Make sure Magisk is properly installed (patch AP) and running on your device first, likely because we need it to disable dm-verity
2) Download any ARM64 AB GSI and rename the image (*.img) to system.img.ext4
3) Pack it into tar format (e.g. 7-zip)
4) Flash via Odin
5) Enter stock recovery and wipe data

Havoc OS
1st July 2020, 03:54 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJYM

likely because we need it to disable dm-verity

How did you do this?