FORUMS

[ANDROID 10]Galaxy A80 Root➕Unlock Bootloader➕Flash Official Firmware (13 March 2020)

385 posts
Thanks Meter: 209
 
Post Reply Email Thread
WARNING: You can't downgrade anymore once you flashed U4/S4 March update !

https://samfrew.com/model/SM-A805F/

SM-A8050
SM-A805F
SM-A805N you can't unlock bootloader on this variant! (R1Q_KOR_SINGLE.pit)

You will need:

-Odin v3.14.1
https://dl2018.sammobile.com/Odin3-v3.14.1.zip

-Galaxy A80 Latest USB Driver
https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy...er-for-windows

You want to download latest firmware directly from server? (fast download)
Samfirm 0.4.1 or Frija 1.4.2
https://samfirmtool.com/samfirm-v0-4-1
https://github.com/wssyncmldm/frija/releases
Frija not working ? install both vcredist_x00 for your device !


(Check your windows settings to know which version to install).

(Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package) and (Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package)

-https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/down...ils.aspx?id=29 (x86) 2008
-https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/down...s.aspx?id=5555 (x86) 2010
-https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/down....aspx?id=15336 (64bit) 2008
-https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/down....aspx?id=14632 (64bit) 2010

-Open Frija and type in your model (mine is SM-A805F) and your CSC : (mine is LUX).

(All CSC's and models on Samfrew: https://samfrew.com/model/SM-A805F/).

-Download and extract SM-A805XX_1_00000000000000_xxxxxxxxxx_fac.zip

On your device:
If you want to unlock bootloader:

-Go to Settings then to About phone and find your build number.

-Tap on your build number 6 times until you see “You’re now a developer”.

-Go in Developer options > enable OEM unlocking.

-Connect the device to your PC.

-Power off your device with POWER and volume DOWN and directly hold volume UP and DOWN together!

-Device will boot in DOWNLOAD MODE.

-Long press volume UP to unlock the bootloader. This will wipe your data and automatically reboot your device!

If you dont want to unlock bootloader:.

-Download and extract Odin and open it as administrator.

Still in DOWNLOAD MODE:

-Click on BL and select BL_A805FXXXU4AXXX_CL16843479_QB27603640_REV00_user _low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

-Click on AP and select AP_A805FXXXU4AXXX_CL16843479_QB27603640_REV00_user _low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta_OS9.tar.md5

-Click on CP and select CP_A805FXXXU4AXXX_CP14483800_CL16843479_QB27603640 _REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

(If you want to keep your data don't flash CSC).
-Click on CSC and select CSC_OMC_OXM_A805FXOXM1AXXX_CL16843479_QB27603640_R EV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

-Click on USERDATA and select HOME_CSC_OMC_OXM_A805FXOXM1AXXX_CL16843479_QB27603 640_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

-Click on START and wait for installation, when done you can unplug your device.


ROOT

Your KNOX status will be tripped if you follow this tutorial...

What's knox ? : https://www.google.com/search?q=samsung+knox+explained

-Download the latest stock firmware for your Samsung Galaxy A80 with Samfirm/Frija app (faster) or Samfrew/Sammobile website (way slower).


https://samfrew.com/model/SM-A805F/


-Extract the SM-A805XX_1_EXAMPLE_0000000000_fac.zip file with 7zip or any other unzipper.

-Copy the (AP_A805XXXXU1XXXX_CL00000000_QB00000000_REV00_use r_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta_OS10.tar.md5) file and transfer it to your internal storage.

-Download and install Magisk Manager APK https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/...ger-v7.5.1.apk

-Open Magisk Manager and go to Install > Install > Select and Patch a file.

-Navigate through the storage and select the extracted AP file.
The firmware will be patched and will be found in Internal Storage/Download/magisk_patched.tar.

-Transfer the patched file to your PC.

-Turn OFF your device and boot into DOWNLOAD MODE.

-In Odin, click on AP and select the patched tar file, Uncheck “Auto Reboot” and click on Install.

The tool will flash Magisk V20 on your Samsung Galaxy A80.

To boot in recovery or boot the system with Magisk installed:

[COLOR="Black"]1. Powering up normally → System without Magisk
2. Power + Volume Up → Bootloader warning → Release all buttons → System with Magisk
3. Power + Volume Up → Bootloader warning → Keep holding volume up → Actual recovery
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BK☑️ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BK☑️ Ad-Free
4th January 2020, 09:13 PM |#2  
BK☑️'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag BK stand for Bernkastel...                    ⭐⭐⭐
Thanks Meter: 209
 
Donate to Me
More
Discord A series group

https://discord.gg/xrnrU8k


To fix your internal storage showing 16GB/32GB left instead of 108 (128GB) you need to:

-Resize data partition in twrp.

-or Format data in twrp.

-or Factory reset your device.

-or flash HOME_CSC.
7th January 2020, 12:07 PM |#3  
Member
Flag Sampaloc, Manila
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
My storage was reduced from 128gb to 32gb after doing this. Is there a fix?
14th January 2020, 01:39 AM |#4  
haanz85's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
any improvement..? could anyone confirm thats this way work corectly

edited: i hv tried still on unlock bootloader without root capability.. unfortunately there's not suitable magisk work on this device whatever try to patched method but still null
damn samsung device i hv ever owned
16th January 2020, 10:48 PM |#5  
Member
Flag Sampaloc, Manila
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haanz85

any improvement..? could anyone confirm thats this way work corectly

edited: i hv tried still on unlock bootloader without root capability.. unfortunately there's not suitable magisk work on this device whatever try to patched method but still null
damn samsung device i hv ever owned

Just fixed mine by doing the bootloader unlock and root steps above,
setup the phone without Google but with debug mode enabled,
flash twrp,
format data (the one that makes you type yes),
setup the phone with Google and debug mode, then
reflash the firmware with Odin (stock BL, magisk_patched AP, stock CP, and HOME_CSC).

Now I have 108gb storage with root! I just have to hold volume up+power button every time I boot, though.
18th January 2020, 04:18 AM |#6  
haanz85's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazato

Just fixed mine by doing the bootloader unlock and root steps above,
setup the phone without Google but with debug mode enabled,
flash twrp,
format data (the one that makes you type yes),
setup the phone with Google and debug mode, then
reflash the firmware with Odin (stock BL, magisk_patched AP, stock CP, and HOME_CSC).

Now I have 108gb storage with root! I just have to hold volume up+power button every time I boot, though.

what version twrp u used? doesn't you have problems in reading internal storage or USB MTP/ connect pc? Does all run normally? please gv link the worked twrp if u have..
18th January 2020, 05:54 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Could you please be more detailed in this steps?? I got this problems too. plz help.
18th January 2020, 12:56 PM |#8  
haanz85's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosheaxu

Could you please be more detailed in this steps?? I got this problems too. plz help.

read carefully every step bro. after flashing magisk patched then setup phone from beginning without setup google acount just skip, then check again by activating developer menu & usb debugging on. at the end reset from about menu..then phone's should reboot, after that install magisk manager then follow until finished process. & now after reboot u already got rooted beloved phone . congrats
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C360_2020-01-18-21-07-55-346.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	4929613   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200118-205535.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	4929615  
18th January 2020, 03:11 PM |#9  
Member
Flag Sampaloc, Manila
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haanz85

what version twrp u used? doesn't you have problems in reading internal storage or USB MTP/ connect pc? Does all run normally? please gv link the worked twrp if u have..

Only the latest version from blackbuga, and yes, I can't access my internal storage through USB when in twrp. It doesn't bother me that much, because I only needed twrp to format the data so the storage goes back to 108gb from 32gb. Everything's been running fine so far.
18th January 2020, 09:57 PM |#10  
haanz85's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazato

Only the latest version from blackbuga, and yes, I can't access my internal storage through USB when in twrp. It doesn't bother me that much, because I only needed twrp to format the data so the storage goes back to 108gb from 32gb. Everything's been running fine so far.

but why u need twrp just for get normal storage.. while my storage going fine without twrp & i just try reset in finalizing process then install magisk at the end & everything looks good.
right now I'm just curious why there's no more dev interest in working on custom recovery & roms which is in other hand there's plenty developer working on galaxy s series with snapdragon soc with great support for official/unofficial builds whether twrp or cust roms. so sad considering the device is quite a potential to be developed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200119-054520_Settings.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	4930019  
18th January 2020, 10:55 PM |#11  
Member
Flag Sampaloc, Manila
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haanz85

but why u need twrp just for get normal storage.. while my storage going fine without twrp & i just try reset in finalizing process then install magisk at the end & everything looks good.
right now I'm just curious why there's no more dev interest in working on custom recovery & roms which is in other hand there's plenty developer working on galaxy s series with snapdragon soc with great support for official/unofficial builds whether twrp or cust roms. so sad considering the device is quite a potential to be developed

I just followed op's instructions in his A70 topic lol I get you. I came from iOS and I was really excited when I got the phone, but after seeing the development scene... I don't know, maybe it just has something to do with the phone's price being expensive and all that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes