Got my S7500 stuck in boot, please help

Search This thread
Hi guys!!! It's been years since I was last here, I suddenly decided to upgrade my GT S7500 to custom firmware but I have a problem.

While I was at work today, I decided to play with my phone, to make recovery through ClockWorkMod, since I was goin to flash a custom FW through CWM later at home.

My GTS7500 is running a semi-custom ROM, I have changed it years ago and cant remember the exact changes but it's almost same as the vanilla ROM, with minor bugfixes.

I haven't booted CWM in years so I can't remember doing anything or having any problems in the past.

So I unlocked my phone and clicked the CWM Mod icon, the app starter and then I selected to 'Boot into CWM"
My phone rebooted and I am now into CWM.

I haven't done anything, but I am stuck in the recovery.
I screwed around holding some buttons and stuff, and I managed to get to ODIN (as far as I remember this is the screen to flash firmware through USB) but this didn't help me.

I tried removing the battery for hours and it didn't help.

I have my ROM backup on my microSD flash card, from 2012.

What should I do?

Should I select "Restore Boot" from the CWM recovery?
Or should I attempt to flash the new custom ROM straight ahead?

The screen says: CWM-Based Recovery v5.0.2.8

Thanx in advance!

HI guys a quick update: I managed to mount the storage of the phone and microSD to my PC through USB from withing the CWM recovery menu, I am backing up all the data on my laptop.

I found a file called 'exitrecovery.zip' on my microSD card, may be this is the fix I need? May be I got the same problem years ago when I reflashed the stock FW but I cant remember? Thanx again for all suggestions!

PS: I only managed to 'mount' the micro SD card from within CWM Recovery, for some reason I cant mount the internal phone storage, which is bad since I need to recover my contacts and phone numbers!

Last edited:
FIXED IT!!!

Seems like the CWM Recovery was not installed properly!!!
I installed this: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2359572
Through my current CWM recovery and now it seems to be working fine!!!
Thanx to this DEV!!!

PLEASE RECOMMEND ME A GOOD ROM!!!! WITH LESS BLOATWARE AND FASTER EXPERIENCE!!!
TOGO FLASH PEGASUS or ACECPLUS or INSPIRATION???
Which one is best?
Which aps to install?
Thanx in advance for all reading this!