[TWRP 2.8.X.X][Theme] Materialised [480x800 Devices Only]

Search This thread

Shoaib05

Mar 18, 2013
The 2nd point in the "Method of Installation" seems to be taken from my post. :p :cyclops: :silly: :cool:
By the way, your signature is really awesome. :D

Reactions: Ave_Hornet
BIG THX :good:
I use TeamBlackOut theme on I8190 with TWRP 2.8.7.0

Could you change the splash screen, too? Or is it necessary to change it inside TWRP?
This You can change via theme from TWRP i specially i dnt add the guide to this thread because my phone uses the .cpio files for recovery its only worked with .img files
so heres the guide [Guide is by @z31s1g :D)

Change the recovery splash screen
In order to change the splash, one must unpack the recovery image, replace the splash and then repack the image.
This can be done using the Android Image Kitchen by @osm0sis, which is available for Windows, Linux and Android (mobile AIK).
The Materialised theme provides a front end for using the mobile AIK.

General prerequisites:

1. Make sure the splash screen you want to use is in .jpg format and matches your screen resolution (e.g. 480x800).
  2. Splash samples can be found along with the themes in the resolution specific download folders over here(u must resize the pictures to 480x800 via any image editor).
  3. Download a stock TWRP recovery image for your device.
  4. Samsung users have to download .img files or pull them from the .tar files. Repacking .tar files won't work.

Change the splash while in recovery:
  1. Download the AIK-Mobile-Installer.
  2. Flash the AIK zip in recovery.
  3. This will install the required scripts and binaries to \data\local\AIK-mobile.
  4. In Materialised settings, select CHANGE SPLASH.
  5. Select the stock TWRP .img file.
  6. Select the .jpg file you want to use as splash screen.
  7. Set options:
  • If Automatically install... is unchecked, the repack will only be created and saved to the same folder as the stock TWRP image.
If checked, the repacked recovery will also be installed on your device.
  • If Include current theme... is checked, the theme in its current state (accent color) will be included in the repack, replacing the stock TWRP ui.
The ui.zip will automatically be deleted from /sdcard/TWRP/theme, as it is no longer required.
Be aware that changing the accent color won't be possible with an integrated theme.
In general, I'd recommend to not include the theme into the repack. By keeping the ui.zip, there's always the stock ui as a fallback option in case there's something wrong with the theme.
  • Start repacking/flashing with a swipe.
During the process, Repacking in progress... will be shown.

Last edited:
Reactions: +BOB+ and mauam

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Today I present to you a brief tutorial or how to change the appearance of our TWRP like this:

Dark PLAY [ ] ________________ TeamBlackOut
    _
    Now to work !!!!

Features

Recovery gone App: Designed to mimic the look and feel of an Android app.
    Customisable UI: 15 different accent colors, center clock option, different navbar button layouts...
    Added functionality: Aroma File Manager support, theme changer...

Availability and Compatibility

Supported TWRP versions: 28XX and Confirmed to be on 2.8.7.0 by me
    Supported screen resolutions: 480x800
    The theme stays compatible with new versions of TWRP until TWRP changelog says otherwise.

What is needed:

• TWRP of course
    • Moments willingness and patience

Method Of Installation: Manually (2.8.X.X+)
    • Download Theme Of Your Choice and rename it to [ui.zip]
    • Place the ui.zip inside theme folder which is present under TWRP folder i.e., Internal Storage/TWRP/theme/ui.zip.
      Note: If TWRP folder is not present, then create it. (now its no needed to put /data/media/0....))
    • Restart to recovery and be happy

Download:
    [Dark] / [Light] / [Play]

Special Editions:
    [TeamBlackOut]
    [DarkPlay]

Known Errors: (2.8.6.0) (2.8.7.0)
    You tell me.

Credits:

@ChronoMonochrome
    @SethPDA
    @Modding.MyMind
    @z31s1g For Everything which is connected with this themes
    @Train88
    @TeamBlackOut
    @amarullz For AROMA FileManager !
    @fluffi444 For Report (codina [p] )
    @teamwin

XDA:DevDB Information
    [TWRP] [Theme] Materialised, Theme for the Samsung Galaxy Ace II

Contributors
    Ave_Hornet
    z31s1g
    Source Code: http://xdaforums.com/nexus-6/themes-apps/theme-twrp-materialised-dark-light-play-t2998723

Version Information
    -[Dark,Light,Play] -100%
    -[TeamBlackOut] -100%
    -[Dark Play] -100%

Created 28.03.2015
    Last Updated 12.07.2015
    Guys I've added new themes for TWRP 2.8.X.X (for 2.8.6.0 + 2.8.7.0)
    This is special edition [@TeamBlackOut] provided by @Train88
    I've just port this theme to work with our device (changing color is working now) so proper credits go to : @z31s1g @Train88 and TeamBlackOut
    Guys/Girls We have girls here too?

I've just added new themes for TWRP 2.8.6.0
    Don't forget to click "Thanks" Button to @ChronoMonochrome (for TWRP) and @z31s1g (For Themes)
    wow - very nice - AromaFM rocks and works as it should - no issues found after short tests (with DarkTheme)!
    Very comfortabe chmod changes and more possible!

TWRP + Theme + AromaFM = Perfect combination!

Again: Many thanks @Ave_Hornet! Well done! :highfive:
    Thank you too. for test and reports ^^.
    And don't forget to thank @ChronoMonochrome for his TWRP without him it would be impossible. :)
    Cheers!!
    hmm . it's funny I have not seen this problem because Play theme does not occur.(only Dark,Light is Byggy) I'll see what I can do . but no promises .