FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BOOTLOGO][GUIDE][Param.lfs] Custom bootlogo for Galaxy Ace 2

2,222 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,546

Post Reply Email Thread
Standard Disclaimer: Not responsible for bricking your phone, voiding your warranty, or any other pain or suffering you may feel as result of using this guide.

Well, let's cut to the chase. Following method was inspired by this guide.
Credit goes to @tys0n for original guide.

Programs/scripts needed for this method:
  1. param editor
  2. Python interpretator (2.7.x)
  3. Any graphical editor

Choose graphical editor by yourself as editiing picture won't be described here.
1) Create image image_new.jpg with resolution of 480x800 pixels and size not bigger than 64673 bytes.
2) Take image that you want to replace from /mnt/.lfs (logo.jpg for example, which is bootlogo) and rename it to image_orig.jpg .
Although using this method any picture in param.lfs can be replaced (but with not bigger size than original ones), logo.jpg is only was tested by author.
3) Then dd your param.lfs:
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/sdcard/param.lfs bs=512000
4) create any empty folder (on PC), put here param_editor.py, param.lfs, image_orig.jpg and image_new.jpg
5) run param_editor.py. If everything was done successfully, in the same folder param_mod.lfs will appear, otherwise message that describe why it has failed will be shown.

Okay, lets to test param_mod.lfs. Of course, you can flash and reboot once it done, but there's a simple method(without having to wait until bootlogo appears... or doesn't) to check whether param.lfs is correct:
1) unmount /mnt/.lfs:
Code:
 umount /mnt/.lfs
2) flash param_mod.lfs
Will be careful with typing following command. DON'T type wrong number of partition, otherwise your phone probably will be bricked. Better if you just copy/paste this line.
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/param_mod.lfs of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 bs=512000
3) now mount it again:
Code:
mount -t j4fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/.lfs
4) if you can see your custom bootlogo instead of stock one then everything is ok. Now can reboot and have fun
5) how to restore original param.lfs? Flash param.lfs, dd'd in step 3 ("3) Then dd your param.lfs:")

ToDo: despite of that I have successfully replaced bootlogo, one thing I wanted to check is how to repair the phone in case if something went wrong. For some reason I was not able to flash neither param.tar.md5 nor param.tar . I had to flash three-file stock 4.1.2 to restore it. I would be glad if anyone will provide flashable param.tar.md5 to avoid flashing stock for those who have failed to change bootlogo.

Okay, lets see what bootlogo can be done(custom param.lfs attached below):

lol

Why exactly this bull***t (or whatever you can think)? Answer is that everything that I've done (including this guide) is just for fun, and it's first idea that came to my mind. Have fun
Attached Files
File Type: 7z param_mod.7z - [Click for QR Code] (413.4 KB, 584 views)
File Type: 7z param_editor.7z - [Click for QR Code] (759 Bytes, 1258 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ChronoMonochrome For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChronoMonochrome Ad-Free

3rd April 2015, 07:32 PM |#2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Chrono . I was trying do this tutorial. But recently I had a lot of work . Many Thanks , you spared me the time : D
The Following User Says Thank You to Ave_Hornet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ave_Hornet Ad-Free
4th April 2015, 03:10 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 920

More
Does not work here... Don't know what went wrong...
Tested logo_nfc.jpg and also logo.jpg

Files are as instucted in one folder...

There is no log or mod output... I got only this (with CMD and param_editor.py)..
Code:
opened param.lfs
opened ./image_orig.jpg
opened ./image_new.jpg
With normal double klick on *.py the cmd window closes to fast to see anything....

Just for test I tried to use original logo.jpg as image_orig.jpg AND image_new.jpg... But I got the same "output" and no mod file nor log...

I Installed Python 3.4.3 from webseite... Is this correct?

EDIT

Installed now Python 2.7.9 - and now param_mod.lfs was created! - Looks like 3.4.3 does not work...
The Following User Says Thank You to fluffi444 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fluffi444 Ad-Free
4th April 2015, 03:27 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stavropol
Thanks Meter: 4,546

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffi444

I Installed Python 3.4.3 from webseite... Is this correct?

EDIT

Installed now Python 2.7.9 - and now param_mod.lfs was created! - Looks like 3.4.3 does not work...

It should have been to work... probably I missed something as it should not exit without prompt.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChronoMonochrome For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChronoMonochrome Ad-Free
4th April 2015, 03:42 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 920

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoMonochrome

It should have been to work... probably I missed something as it should not exit without prompt.

Yeb - it's working also with logo_nfc.jpg.
As I said I needed to used Python 2.7.9...

For those with 8160P - It's just a test with "powered by android" logo..

EDIT

And as the logo_nfc.jpg is a bit bigger (65194 bytes) I had to modify the py-script according to this - But as I said it works.
So its not limited to exactly 64673 bytes - But for sure its the best to stay with the same or below original size!

EDIT2
Added "powered by cyanogenmod"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_new_android.jpg
Views:	886
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	3255504   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_new_cm.jpg
Views:	878
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	3255505  
Attached Files
File Type: zip param_mod.lfs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (482.9 KB, 156 views)
File Type: zip param_mod.lfs_CM.zip - [Click for QR Code] (493.3 KB, 104 views)
17th November 2015, 04:47 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
bro i need helpppppppppp
30th January 2016, 03:33 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
ask
how to use/apply it ??
1st February 2016, 04:58 PM |#8  
Flag Dushanbe
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavis2032

how to use/apply it ??

Omg, for whom Chrono wrote instruction? Just read them, it's so easy...
15th February 2016, 01:13 PM |#9  
Flag Majalengka
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Custom boot logo for codina I made probably no one wants
thank for @dugeriss for wallpaper
flash from recovery
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1315_851481268283729_1462630671641903621_n.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	3647182  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Klanting.zip - [Click for QR Code] (599.8 KB, 92 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Far'z For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Far'z Ad-Free
7th May 2016, 01:49 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
someone can help me with a samsung chat.? model GT-B5330L, it have the same problem; logo jpg draw failed
1st April 2019, 10:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
really great guide, transformed my old ace.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)