FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide] CWM ReParted

2,229 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,609

Post Reply Email Thread
CWM ReParted is a method of reparition internal SDcard via recovery using flashable zip. It was developed a few months ago, but the message about this method "lost" in a closed thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=129 so I decided to create separate thread.

It's only for custom (non-stock) based ROMs

Installation method

1) backup your /data partition and /sdcard
2) flash zip archive. It may take a while, be patient.
3) format /data, /cache (ext4 or f2fs) and /sdcard (vfat)
4) restore your data
5) swap storages via Novathor settings app

Thanks to @AntaresOne for a good starting point for this guide.

UPD. repartition scripts for ext4
Quote:

620.000 SYSTEM
10.000 CACHEFS
3.112.931 DATAFS
100.000 UMS
100 HIDDEN

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=44
and F2FS
Quote:

620.000 SYSTEM
130.000 CACHEFS
3.002.931 DATAFS
100.000 UMS
100 HIDDEN

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=41
Thanks @fluffi444
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to ChronoMonochrome For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChronoMonochrome Ad-Free

4th October 2014, 06:02 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Thank you for your guide. I looked into it and have some questions. I also study repartition script to know what it is doing.
It would be nice if someone can answer these questions:

We are able to deal with all partitions but no with UMS and HIDDEN. What is the purpose of these and why are they needed?
Is it possible to modify ROM and remove them? If so.. How to do that? It would be nice if we can have one big internal memory and one sdcard.
Now, there is one big data and one little 51kb UMS if I understood it correctly.

Fota can be removed totaly I think.

Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to BoogeyCZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BoogeyCZ Ad-Free
4th October 2014, 06:17 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stavropol

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyCZ

We are able to deal with all partitions but no with UMS and HIDDEN. What is the purpose of these and why are they needed?

Why not UMS and HIDDEN? UMS is /sdcard and HIDDEN is /preload
Quote:

Is it possible to modify ROM and remove them? If so.. How to do that? It would be nice if we can have one big internal memory and one sdcard.

Probably yes... But I don't know how to do that and I really don't think it is necessary for anyone. I use both of sdcards (yes, 32Gb is not enough for me )
Quote:

Now, there is one big data and one little 51kb UMS if I understood it correctly.

Fota can be removed totaly I think.

Yes, fota will be removed after installation this zip.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChronoMonochrome For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChronoMonochrome Ad-Free
4th October 2014, 06:53 PM |#4  

More
I tried to find out where are /preload and /sdcard mounted and maybe it will be ok to edit:
/fstab.samsungcodina to remove mounting preload and sdcard (this file is probably in ramdisk)
and edit build.prop:
persist.sys.vold.switchablepair=sdcard0,sdcard1

but I'm not sure about that.
4th October 2014, 10:00 PM |#5  

More
I did repartition your way but I have problem with Google Photo app. It requires sdcard0 which has no space Is it possible to switch them or use /data as sdcard like in Nexus devices?
4th October 2014, 10:23 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stavropol

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyCZ

I did repartition your way but I have problem with Google Photo app. It requires sdcard0 which has no space Is it possible to switch them or use /data as sdcard like in Nexus devices?

I forgot to mention, you need to swap memory via Novathor App after repartition. You also can increase size for UMS if you don't want to swap storages.
5th October 2014, 03:07 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoMonochrome

CWM ReParted is a method of reparition internal SDcard via recovery using flashable zip. It was developed a few months ago, but the message about this method "lost" in a closed thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=129 so I decided to create separate thread.

Installation method

3) format /data, /cache and /sdcard
4) restore your data

After repartition you'll have:
2,87 Gb on data
~320 Mb on cache (I didn't change cache partition size because I use F2FS and it needs to use more memory in /cache. Anyway, you can edit repartition script as you want)
~51 kb on UMS and HIDDEN
This script will not change your /system partition.
Attachment 2959869

I did all of this but I can't reach the sd card and I have 2,64 in internal storage Please how to cancel this changes ?1

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Quote:

Installation method

3) format /data, /cache and /sdcard
4) restore your data

After repartition you'll have:
2,87 Gb on data
~320 Mb on cache (I didn't change cache partition size because I use F2FS and it needs to use more memory in /cache. Anyway, you can edit repartition script as you want)
~51 kb on UMS and HIDDEN
This script will not change your /system partition.
Attachment 2959869

when I did all the steps before swapping the sd card . the sd card was good but in the apps section in settings sd card was blank and installed apps won't work after doing the swap the sd card is 0octects in storage !! what's the solution to this problem if not what's the way to get back to old storage ?!
5th October 2014, 10:28 AM |#8  

More
Thank you. Switch storages works ok.
5th October 2014, 11:44 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stavropol

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faroukovic3

Please how to cancel this changes ?1

Flash *.pit file via Odin.

Quote:

after doing the swap the sd card is 0octects in storage !!

English, please I don't understand you.
5th October 2014, 12:52 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

Flash *.pit file via Odin.

English, please I don't understand you.

I already downgreade to gingerbread and back to jelly bean and now I'm on CM11 Thnx Anyway
8th October 2014, 05:34 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Hello i have repartition my internal memory with busote method,can i use your flashable method or i must go back to original partition before i use your flashable file?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)