[Guide] CWM ReParted

2,232 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,633

Post Reply Email Thread
23rd January 2018, 06:21 PM |#141  
Flag Bayeux
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thanks bien2004 for your quick answer. But does that mean that my (ext)sd-card then handles all space needed for apps ? I am trying to understand the consequences of using this repartition structure. I get the feeling, but I am not sufficiently knowledgable, that the whole point of the external sd-card goes away with these higher OS. Initially the internal phone memory handled both the system, user apps, and its data. The sd-card allowed to easily backup and transfer to PC for safeguard, and easily keep ones own music, photos, copies of apps, documents distinct from the phone (this is how I have always done). Then going from one phone to another, or replace the OS I have all my own data stored and saved on the card. With a PC copy I can even replace a defective card. Me, I dont use the "cloud", nor google, just PC, Odin, CWM... Now it seems bigger system sw footprints, large size of applications means not enough space to run on older phone with limited memory size - so move apps and data to ext sd-card, correct ? But then I expect the card is no longer easily useable from one OS to another, maybe can't read files to and from PC (encrypted, google security locks), so no easy safeguard, obliged to pass by the cloud ... Or am I wrong ? Gueron

24th January 2018, 07:52 AM |#142  
Flag Bayeux
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi bien2004, I am still trying to understand .. sorry to bug you all. In your proposed repartition you remove the swap since this is not required and hence gain the otherwise unused 120MB, so good ! But the rest is allocated to "data" and none to "sd card" - whereas the CWM_ReParted_SY820_CA130_DA1800_SD1000.zip shares 2.8Gb between the two. So would not a solution "SY950_DA1800_SD1000" not be a better combination to still keep some internal sd card space ? Or do the new ROMS "map" data as internal storage and create a virtual sdcard somewhere within this space ? Gueron
1st February 2018, 06:34 PM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Can i use the Script from 1. post to use this new Build: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-15-0-t3678722

Or must change the script?

1. Flash Temp CWM Recovery from what URL?
2. Format the partitions from the ace 2 with ext4.
3. Flash the new Build.
4. Restart the Phone and Have Fun!

Correct?
13th February 2018, 12:35 AM |#144  
Flag Bình Định
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan335

Can i use the Script from 1. post to use this new Build: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-15-0-t3678722

Or must change the script?

1. Flash Temp CWM Recovery from what URL?
2. Format the partitions from the ace 2 with ext4.
3. Flash the new Build.
4. Restart the Phone and Have Fun!

Correct?

Go to post #3 in that thread for my reparted and gapps zip that is 100% tested and worked for me
Your way is wrong. You must do this:
1. Flash temp CWM recovery
2. Flash ace2nutzer's kernel at his CM11 thread.
3. Reboot to recovery
4. Flash my reparted zip.
5. Reboot to recovery
6. Format /system, /data, /cache, /sdcard0 (as vfat)
7. Flash ChronoKernel
8. Reboot to recovery
9. Flash ROM, Gapps (optional but tested and recommended by me), kernel as Chrono says at OP.
10. Restart the phone and Have Fun!
23rd March 2019, 09:06 AM |#145  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i make clean install but i dont havbe any space why? http://prntscr.com/n1s70s

I had 1GB of space when I was in Stock Rom

i want sd card 300-500 mb for gaps
11th September 2019, 04:15 AM |#146  
Flag Aleppo
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Hello Chrono and everyone,

hope you are having a great day / good night.
I need the following partitionings please:

SY920 CA30 DA1800 SD1000

and

SY920 CA30 DA2800 SD100

this would also help many other Samsung Galaxy Axe 2 (GT-I8160) users as it is suggested to be used by Sergeyl to be able to install Lineage OS 15.1 along with gapps, here goes the link in which that is mentioned: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry70449067 , but the files he has online are not available anymore or only for 4PDA users (I couldn't make an account due to the fact I don't know Russian at all) .

Thanks in advance and have a good day / night.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)