FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What's your max stable CPU Freq by using ace2nutzer Kernel 20150320 or newer ??

800Mhz (Stock Samsung)

56 Vote(s)
21.37%
1000Mhz

37 Vote(s)
14.12%
1100Mhz

25 Vote(s)
9.54%
1150Mhz

21 Vote(s)
8.02%
1200Mhz

73 Vote(s)
27.86%
1250Mhz

18 Vote(s)
6.87%
1300Mhz

5 Vote(s)
1.91%
1350Mhz

0 Vote(s)
0%
1400Mhz

18 Vote(s)
6.87%
unstable at all ;-(

9 Vote(s)
3.44%

[KERNEL] [for 4.4.4] A2N Kernel 20190619 [ROM] CM11 20190202 [Power efficient] STABLE

3,580 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,758

By ace2nutzer, Senior Member on 27th October 2014, 10:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st May 2016, 08:31 PM |#5001  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cologne

Donate to Me
More
@up
updating the ROM + kernel without wipe data is still better than using such old bugged ROM's ...
Just follow installation method on first post here.
btw: format /system will not delete your preferences ... (only wipe data will delete your apps + preferences)

31st May 2016, 09:29 PM |#5002  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I make a backup of everything in recovery and then give it a try

Plus some screenshots of my settings, novathor settings, disabled services, greenify, ...

Thank you for your work and help!
31st May 2016, 09:49 PM |#5003  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cologne

Donate to Me
More
No problem

btw i can suggest to install latest gapps + nt- app as well .... also i suggest to try first with default nt-app settings ... for this simply after the installation just wipe data of nt-app and reboot the phone ... so far the default settings for nt-app are already the best choice ... probably it'S better to start to make settings based on the new defaults one ... instead to just reuse old/invalid settings ... because nt-app is adapted to the kernel ... that's why it doesn't make much sense to use old settings on latest kernel.
(because many things changed in kernel + nt-app)
31st May 2016, 09:54 PM |#5004  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
on the first day after flashing battery low. this is normal?
most of the day was in standby mode.
1st June 2016, 02:22 AM |#5005  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cologne

Donate to Me
More
reboot the phone and do fully charge the battery till the LED's are ON. - Then keep it charging for another 20 Minutes ... and use the Phone like usual. If it's again bad, then u've to buy new battery if it's already older than 2 - 3 Years.
1st June 2016, 08:42 AM |#5006  

More
Can I install GAPPS without wiping data? AFAIK this GAPPS pack doesnt contain the same apps as the one I installed.

Out of curiosity:

What is this step for " Mount /system (shows unmount /system)"?

Edit: I installed rom, kernel, novathor and gapps. Seems fine so far.

One problem still exists: performance profile always goes back to balanced with max CPU of 800MHz after reboot. I tried balanced profile with 1000,1100,1200 and 'performance' profile. It always runs smooth, but after the reboot its back to balanced with 800MHz.

Compared to the previous rom/kernel, 16bit transparency is turned on now.

Suddenly movie/video editor and an old calendar app showed up. Deleted both as well as android keyboard and trebuchet. No problems.
1st June 2016, 02:46 PM |#5007  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cologne

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lace_hvc

Can I install GAPPS without wiping data? AFAIK this GAPPS pack doesnt contain the same apps as the one I installed..

yes u can ... but keep in mind: wipe data is of course always better.

Quote:

Out of curiosity:

What is this step for " Mount /system (shows unmount /system)"?

after formatting /system partition, that partition isn't mounted ... but it should be mounted otherwise u can't install new ROM on /system.

Quote:

One problem still exists: performance profile always goes back to balanced with max CPU of 800MHz after reboot. I tried balanced profile with 1000,1100,1200 and 'performance' profile. It always runs smooth, but after the reboot its back to balanced with 800MHz.

Not an problem ... this is normal, if u want OC permanently, then OC CPU over Settings --> performance ... and use "set on boot" And for GPU OC, use NT- APP ... Just change GPU HIGH LOAD FREQ ...

Quote:

Compared to the previous rom/kernel, 16bit transparency is turned on now.

Yes This is in order to improve the scrolling
1st June 2016, 06:04 PM |#5008  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace2nutzer

yes u can ... but keep in mind: wipe data is of course always better.

Haven't experienced any problems so far that have not existed before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace2nutzer

Not an problem ... this is normal, if u want OC permanently, then OC CPU over Settings --> performance ... and use "set on boot" And for GPU OC, use NT- APP ... Just change GPU HIGH LOAD FREQ ...

I always did exactly this on this ROM and on the previous one. It used to work until a few days ago, when i changed max cpu from 1000 to 1100MHz. On your newest ROM and kernel it still doesn't apply it after reboot. Sounds like some app is restricting this. I recently installed betterbatterystats, amplify, xposed and autostarts. Could this be the reason?

Btw. great to have more free storage and RAM now. the updated file manager also looks nicer. And livestream finally works!!!

In a previous post you asked about a useful adblocking tool. Have you heard of adaway? It's a small app that only needs to run once to change the host file (root required). Then it can be greenified. Works great.
1st June 2016, 07:03 PM |#5009  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cologne

Donate to Me
More
Right now tested ... i set max CPU 1000, check "set on boot" and max GPU 500 in NT-APP ... and reboot the phone ... and after the reboot i still had CPU 1000 and GPU 500

I think u do it wrong .... Once u decide to use custom Freqs or OC also after an reboot, then u should NOT touch CM Performance Profile ... leave it by default @ "balanced" ... also u should UNCHECK "Enable App-Profile" .. otherwise it'll not work properly.

btw: i suggest in generally to disable "enable app-profile"
1st June 2016, 07:27 PM |#5010  

More
Now that u mention it: I had balanced profile and cpu max at 1000MHz for a year, and 'enable app profile turned on' (default). Only tried 1100MHz in balanced profile once ...out of curiosity. And that one never stayed. After this, I experimented with different frequencies and profiles, but it always went back to balanced + 800MHz after each reboot. Doesnt even accept 1000MHz anymore. For the past few days I kept 'enable app profile' off.

So no solution how to keep CPU overclocked?! 1000MHz ++ is much smoother.

I never did any GPU OC.
1st June 2016, 09:26 PM |#5011  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cologne

Donate to Me
More
Again, read carefully what i wrote before and do the same. If it still doesn't work as it should, then search which app u installed that overrides the CPU freq on boot. Also u can check for obsolete init.d scripts on /system/etc/init.d/*
which may be override cpu freq on boot too.
If u can't Fix it, u'll probably end up with wiping data ... no way
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a2n kernel, a2n kernel control, cm11, custom kernel, samsung galaxy ace 2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)