FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What's your max stable CPU Freq by using ace2nutzer Kernel 20150320 or newer ??

800Mhz (Stock Samsung)

56 Vote(s)
21.37%
1000Mhz

37 Vote(s)
14.12%
1100Mhz

25 Vote(s)
9.54%
1150Mhz

21 Vote(s)
8.02%
1200Mhz

73 Vote(s)
27.86%
1250Mhz

18 Vote(s)
6.87%
1300Mhz

5 Vote(s)
1.91%
1350Mhz

0 Vote(s)
0%
1400Mhz

18 Vote(s)
6.87%
unstable at all ;-(

9 Vote(s)
3.44%

[KERNEL] [for 4.4.4] A2N Kernel 20190619 [ROM] CM11 20190202 [Power efficient] STABLE

3,579 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,756

By ace2nutzer, Senior Member on 27th October 2014, 10:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th April 2019, 11:51 PM |#8741  
Flag jakarta
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace2nutzer

Installation starts with step 2.

Quote:

No Problem.

Yes !

If u want to install many Apps or don't want to run in out-of-space condition, then it's better to use sdcard_only + repartitioning.
Otherwise it's sufficient to use it with normal kernel + repartition .. and then it doesn't matter if u insert sdcard or not... while with sdcard_only it's mandatory to insert sdcard ... otherwise there's no usb storage at all ... that means camera app will crash and so on.
Other option is to use normal kernel + rapartiton .. and sdcard inserted and optional u can swap it .... but this variant doesn'T work 100% properly will al apps ... as some apps don't like it if the sdcard is swapped.

Anyway if the internal usb storage (sdcard0) gets full, then u can still move some apps to the real sdcard... in Settings ---> Apps.
In any case, i do suggest to repartition the internal flash memory because otherwise a lot of space is wasted and not used at all.

As u can see there are a lot of variants, it's your decision what will fit best your use case of the Phone.

Okay since for now i don't have additional sd card , can i flash with the normal repartition , then if i want to repartition later , i need to restart whole step, or just step 3 (the repartition step)

And can we revert to normal repartition condition? If we on repartition condition?

1st May 2019, 01:43 PM |#8742  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cologne

Donate to Me
More
To switch between the repartitions layouts, u need to do a cwm backup , the backup should be done to the real sdcard.
Then perform as usual step 3 .. after that, power off the phone and reboot to recovery .. then restore your cwm backup and all apps and settings are back.

Both partitions layouts should be even compatible with higher android versions, .. if not, there are different layouts with bigger system partiton u can find here in the forum.

However, if u want to go back to stock rom, then it's needed to flash a 3-parted stock rom with ODIN .. in order to restore the needed stock partitions.
Last one for sure u never want it, once u feel the great performance of a custom ROM
1st May 2019, 03:04 PM |#8743  
Flag jakarta

More
Quote:

To switch between the repartitions layouts, u need to do a cwm backup , the backup should be done to the real sdcard.
Then perform as usual step 3 .. after that, power off the phone and reboot to recovery .. then restore your cwm backup and all apps and settings are back.

Both partitions layouts should be even compatible with higher android versions, .. if not, there are different layouts with bigger system partiton u can find here in the forum.

However, if u want to go back to stock rom, then it's needed to flash a 3-parted stock rom with ODIN .. in order to restore the needed stock partitions.
Last one for sure u never want it, once u feel the great performance of a custom ROM

I've bug like the screen blurry some time, what the suggestion to eliminate the bug

27th May 2019, 12:28 PM |#8744  
Flag Bình Định
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Hi guys...
I got here a bad news...
After 5 (or 6?) years my Ace 2 completely dead
I can't test new builds anymore... And also new Android builds.
That was a great experience with your ROM @ace2nutzer
Now I got a J7 Pro... But I will never forget what you have done for this ancient device... which is great...

FYI: It is in my Zenfone 2 box, which my brother broke it after only 2 months of use from 4th floor 😂😂😂
The Following User Says Thank You to bien2004official For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bien2004official Ad-Free
27th May 2019, 05:01 PM |#8745  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cologne

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bla.tiga

I've bug like the screen blurry some time, what the suggestion to eliminate the bug

Sorry for the late response.. i didn't notice ...

using latest kernel ?

otherwise u can try this:

1: wait for kernel update (i'll try to fix that)
2: keep the phone warm .. around 20 - 25° C should cause no issues.
3: use lowest LCD Freq .. (A2N Kernel control app or use terminal emulator or ADB)
29th May 2019, 03:46 PM |#8746  
Flag jakarta

More
Quote:

Sorry for the late response.. i didn't notice ...

using latest kernel ?

otherwise u can try this:

1: wait for kernel update (i'll try to fix that)
2: keep the phone warm .. around 20 - 25° C should cause no issues.
3: use lowest LCD Freq .. (A2N Kernel control app or use terminal emulator or ADB)

How to use command in terminal emulator to set lowest lcd freq
5th June 2019, 09:04 PM |#8747  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cologne

Donate to Me
More
Prompt
Quote:
Originally Posted by bla.tiga

How to use command in terminal emulator to set lowest lcd freq

Code:
su
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/mcde/lcd_clk
After every line press enter and grant root access.
Note: after reboot u've to repeat this.
The Following User Says Thank You to ace2nutzer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ace2nutzer Ad-Free
6th June 2019, 02:12 AM |#8748  
Flag jakarta

More
Quote:

Code:
su
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/mcde/lcd_clk
After every line press enter and grant root access.
Note: after reboot u've to repeat this.

Thanks man i'll try...
13th June 2019, 12:08 PM |#8749  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 22

More
First off great to see development continuing on this ancient device. Many thanks.
Issues found, offline charging as described by other users in earlier posts. Ramdisk folder empty. I tried moving the right files into RD folder with correct permissions but no joy. On reboot the files are removed. I have 2 a2n apps - demo and purchased one, is it safe to delete demo a2n? Anyone using Art?
Update @ace2nutzer The phone does charge offline but no charging graphics. When fully charged softkey lights come on. Advanced reboot is enabled in demo app + Dev options.
14th June 2019, 04:10 PM |#8750  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cologne

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidebandit

First off great to see development continuing on this ancient device. Many thanks.
Issues found, offline charging as described by other users in earlier posts. Ramdisk folder empty. I tried moving the right files into RD folder with correct permissions but no joy. On reboot the files are removed.

Sounds painfully, i've no clue whats wrong with some phones .. for me i've 2 ace 2 phone .. one with stock ROM and one with CM11 and on both it works perfectly the offline-charging.

Quote:

I have 2 a2n apps - demo and purchased one, is it safe to delete demo a2n?

Yes of course, but probably u'll need it. there are some options that aren't available in full-version ... so it's better to keep them both.
It cause no problems, also both apps are very small, almost no cost of flash or RAM Space.

Quote:

Anyone using Art?

U can try if it works at all, but probably it'll not. It's not well supported on CM11. In a case u try and it doesn't work, then just set back to dalvik and reboot to cmw and wipe dalvik/art cache ... then everything is normal again.
Quote:

Update @ace2nutzer The phone does charge offline but no charging graphics. When fully charged softkey lights come on. Advanced reboot is enabled in demo app + Dev options.

Yes it's normal with the softkey .. but it's not normal that u don't have the battery animation .. really strange thing indeed.

Kernel + App update incoming .. but i doubt it'll fix lpm for u, i think it's caused by something else like previous flashed packages ... maybe some custom repartitions layouts or what so ever.

EDIT:
Also PLLDDR OC Will not work without working /ramdisk.
14th June 2019, 08:32 PM |#8751  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:

Sounds painfully, i've no clue whats wrong with some phones .. for me i've 2 ace 2 phone .. one with stock ROM and one with CM11 and on both it works perfectly the offline-charging.

Yes of course, but probably u'll need it. there are some options that aren't available in full-version ... so it's better to keep them both.
It cause no problems, also both apps are very small, almost no cost of flash or RAM Space.

U can try if it works at all, but probably it'll not. It's not well supported on CM11. In a case u try and it doesn't work, then just set back to dalvik and reboot to cmw and wipe dalvik/art cache ... then everything is normal again.

Yes it's normal with the softkey .. but it's not normal that u don't have the battery animation .. really strange thing indeed.

Kernel + App update incoming .. but i doubt it'll fix lpm for u, i think it's caused by something else like previous flashed packages ... maybe some custom repartitions layouts or what so ever.

EDIT:
Also PLLDDR OC Will not work without working /ramdisk.

Thanks for quick reply. I tried a earlier version of this rom/kernel 1/2yrs ago but went back to stock using 3part stock. Recently reflashed the latest. As for Art i remember now the issues i had with Nova + Gapps. Ramdisk. I did another clean install and repart and the results are the same. I looked at boot log and its states Ramdisk cannot be created because of invalid argument. Maybe all the years of flashing roms + kernels on the Emmc??? I will try the earlier 12/18 kernel again.
updated.
Tried earlier kernel and also did a clean repart - install from scratch from Odin 3 part stock then instructions from OP to a2n. No change. There is a risky procedure with Odin that would probably fix a problem due previous flashing or re parting - corruption, which worked on a s4 mini and s2 but as this phone was gifted to me....... The phone works well enough without the Ramdisk. I did manage to pickup another ace 2 for £15 which should be here by next friday so... all's good
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a2n kernel, a2n kernel control, cm11, custom kernel, samsung galaxy ace 2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)