Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL][for 4.1.2 Stock] A2N Kernel 20191017 [Power efficient] [STABLE]

3,646 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,812

Post Reply Email Thread
19th August 2019, 01:25 PM |#91  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordirpz

Hello, I bought the A2N kernel control application, but currently I do not use Google services on my ace2. Is it possible to somehow have access to the application? Thank you

Good question, Gapps is bloatware on a device this old. Yalp is much better. I've got gapps s3 mini (simillar device) but that has omni 5.1 so i get the latest webview updates.
19th August 2019, 10:36 PM |#92  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cologne

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidebandit

Great to have a new update. No probs but the power settings in a2n kernel, 80% charge does not stop at 80%. Not a new prob + on CM 11. This prob also on previous kernels.

I think u mean that it'll show 100% even if 80% is checked. But once u unplug the cable it'll fall directly to 80%.
It's a bug, but actually it still does the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordirpz

Hello, I bought the A2N kernel control application, but currently I do not use Google services on my ace2. Is it possible to somehow have access to the application? Thank you

Probably no, it depends on gapps because it needs to check the license on every use of the app.
But u may can experiment a bit and try to find out which lib is really required from the whole gapps package ... so that the app will work.
The Following User Says Thank You to ace2nutzer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ace2nutzer Ad-Free
10th September 2019, 10:55 AM |#93  
I ran into issues setting a2n kernel values.
set cpu 1000
set gpu 600mhz -0.12v
ksm 300 pg
All ok until fsb/ddr overclock and reboot. Reboot, samsung logo then black/grey screen. Only way to fix is Odin/ tmp cwm/kernel, previous backup before a2n kernel changes above.
10th September 2019, 03:47 PM |#94  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cologne

Donate to Me
More
Yeah that can happen ... it's caused by the crappy LCD hardware.
It's normal that the LCD is grey or only backlight is ON after the Samsung logo .. but usually after 5 seconds it'll come back.
In a case that it stays longer than 5 seconds grey, then just wait ... let the phone boot ... and after it's fully booted just press power button to turn LCD backlight OFF ... (if it doesn't work, then wait ... and repeat) and then simply press home button and the LCD should work as normal.
If even this didn't work, then try again without undervolting .. (especially GPU) and or without to OC GPU... because GPU OC and UV has an impact of the FSB DDR OC stability.

Other than that, it's almost never needed to restore a cwm backup if something went wrong with the A2N Kernel App ... if FSB DDR OC completely failed, then the only thing u need to do is to flash latest a2n kernel ... this will reset FSB DDR OC to stock. (even if it's still check in the app)

For other settings, if they aren't stable enough, it's easier to fix since the Settings are set after some seconds when the phone is booted up ... so u've some time to open the app and reset to stock the values u think that caused the issue.
11th September 2019, 08:36 PM |#95  
Thanks for the info I'll bear that in mind. I wont be testing further on this device as it is my original which was gifted to me when the ace² was first released. All testing will be done on my spare ace² with cm11. I must add i was pleasently surprised at the performance of a2n/stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sidebandit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sidebandit Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 02:14 AM |#96  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cologne

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
New Builds are Up !!

Changelog:

Kernel 20190918:
  • CPU/GPU: updated governors
  • Charger: tiny update
  • Sweep2Wake: Fixed Touchscreen not waking up on incoming notification or call (if Sweep2Wake was enabled)
  • Mali-GPU-400: Fixed memory allocation failures - alloc_order 6 --> 0 / block_size 256 KB --> 4 KB
  • Re-added zRam Support with fast LZ4 Compressor
  • Set GPU/SXA governor up_threshold to 95 % for better powersavings
  • CPU: added a better control for managing CPU suspend_freqs - (for more info check the kernel release notes in the thread)
  • Bug Fixes
  • Source cleanup

A2N Kernel Control V6.8
  • Misc: added zRam switch and
  • swappiness control
  • Full overhaul and
  • Bug Fixes

Release Notes:
If u've the Full Version of the A2N Kernel Control App then there's no special interaction from your side.
Anyway i recommend to read my comment in /system/etc/init.d/99_user especially if u're using any custom
init.d scripts.
Otherwise u're informed that suspend_min_freq = 200 MHz need to be enabled in /system/etc/init.d/99_user
This is to obtain the following cpu_min_freq logic:

With Screen ON the min_freq should be 400 MHz because 200 MHz is laggy.
And with Screen OFF it should be 200 MHz.
If u've the Full Version, the App will do that for you automatically, otherwise if u do nothing then
min_freq is always 400 MHz.

Make sure u've the following Dalvik heap config in your build.prop for best Performance:

Code:
dalvik.vm.heapsize=192m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=48m
Don't forget like always to wipe dalvik-cache after updating the Dalvik heap!.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ace2nutzer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ace2nutzer Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 11:25 AM |#97  
@ace2nutzer Great to be still getting updates for our old device. As mentioned in cm11, preliminary test, dalvik left as my default for now....
KSM, there is a change here from 120+ shared to 60mb. Memory leak, mali buffer alloc in previous kernel. Both stock and cm11 approx same ram usage
Will test out more fully later.
💯👍
19th September 2019, 04:37 PM |#98  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cologne

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidebandit

@ace2nutzer Great to be still getting updates for our old device. As mentioned in cm11, preliminary test, dalvik left as my default for now....
KSM, there is a change here from 120+ shared to 60mb.

Then u didn't wait much .. for me it's still over 100 MB.

Quote:

Memory leak, mali buffer alloc in previous kernel

What do u mean ??
23rd September 2019, 07:20 PM |#99  
Yes, you are right (wait) after a couple of days KSM is saving over 120mb.
Memory leak, mali buffer, thats was in reference to Chronos post #8837 a2n CM11 thread KSM usage. Me thinking mali buffer fix was the cause of ksm reduction, this turned out not to be the case.
24th September 2019, 03:59 PM |#100  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cologne

Donate to Me
More
Chrono said stock ROM 4.1.2 has a memory leak .. which is true, maybe that's the explanation of the raising memory footprint + KSM after some days of usage. That's not the case in CM11.
Today, 03:18 AM |#101  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cologne

Donate to Me
More
Service
Kernel && App Update Guys !!

Changelog:

Kernel 20191017:
  • VM: patched swappiness to be tuned up to 200 - (kernel default)
  • USB OTG Power: allowed output power 300 @ 500 mA
  • LCD's: increased stability against potential black-screen issues
  • LCD's: decreased wakeup latency from suspend
  • CPUFREQ: updated logic - auto set lower cpu_min_freq for suspend
  • updated ramdisk

A2N Kernel Control V6.9
  • Misc: removed swappiness control (it's set @ 200 by default)
  • USB OTG Power: allowed output power 300 @ 500 mA
  • Minor Fixes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Info:
in previous Release you had to do something in /system/etc/init.d/99_user...
In this Release it's no longer needed to enable_suspend_freqs by hand (over init.d script)
because it's done now automatically by boot-script !

Enjoy Your A2N Kernel
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a2n kernel, a2n kernel control, gt-i8160, samsung galaxy ace 2, stock rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)