[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][6.0.1] LineageOS 13.0 [TESTING][6.06.2019]

Search This thread

ChronoMonochrome

Jan 29, 2014
Stavropol
zYkSW7S.png
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include "std_disclaimer.h"
/*
 * Your warranty is void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Known issues
  • Video camcorder is glitchy
  • Low incall volume
  • Screen recording only works in a 3rd-party apps
  • If found a bug not listed here, feel free to report

Installation
Upgrading from CyanogenMod / LineageOS without wiping

• For now, a dirty installation over another LineageOS 13.0 builds is not supported. It's highly recommended to proceed the installation with a full wipe.

First time LineageOS 13.0 installation:
NOTE: These builds aren't supported by Chrono Kernel, please don't install it - more on that in F.A.Q. section.
  • Download and flash a custom kernel from http://xda.mister-freeze.eu/XDA-files/ChronoMonochrome/kernel/temporary_kernel
    (for Galaxy Ace 2 choose temporary_kernel_codina.zip, for S Advance - temporary_kernel_janice.zip). This step is not required if you already have TWRP recovery installed.
  • Reboot into recovery
  • Perform factory reset
  • Flash the Lineage 13.0 zip from SD card
  • Reboot

F.A.Q.
  • Camera start issues?
    I hope I've worked around this issue, however it can be possible that camera refuses to start sometimes.
    In the case this happens, for now there's only solution to wipe data partition.
  • Compatibility with standalone Chrono Kernel?
    These builds aren't supported by Chrono Kernel.
    The reasons for that are some incompatible changes in the ROM, so in order to make ROM maintaining easier, the standalone kernel version was dropped for now, however this can be changed in the future and support can be brought back. For now, please don't report bugs if you have installed it over these builds.
  • It seems like LineageOS 13.0 is quite outdated and unsupported anymore. Any reasons to build / use it?
    It's truth, the currently supported LineageOS versions are 15.1 and 16.0. The reason to return to some older LineageOS builds is a maintaining issues on a such newer Android version as Pie or Oreo. It has become clear I can't support LineageOS 16.0 builds with big amount of hacks used in our builds.
  • Ok, this device development is pretty much dead rather than alive. Why keep it up?
    It's a non-profit project. I like to support especially such an old devices, so no problems if there wouldn't be that much of users.
  • Finally, an unofficial LineageOS 13.0 build was released a long time ago for this device. What is different in these builds?
    Existing LOS builds for this device has a lot of hacks in the source code. With upgrade to a newer Android versions it becomes more and more difficult to support it. I had to reconsider the way some device specific fixes are implemented, so that it should be easier to support it.
    Still, I'm not entirely sure I'm able to get rid of every device hack used, however after some experience gained from I9300 development I feel myself much more confident than before. So that said you won't know if you don't try.

Downloads

Reporting bugs

When reporting reboots, please produce log below as follows
(using adb or terminal)
Code:
su
cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt
and attach in this thread.

If reporting another issues
Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
A rough timestamp of when the issue occurred is also useful.

to quickly & easily capture logcat (Main log), Kernel log (dmesg) & Last Kernel log (last_kmsg which is important in case of unwanted reboot) without using a computer + adb or use a Terminal emulator on the phone:
  1. Root the phone
  2. Developer Options > Store logger data persistently on device > select All. More info about it here on developer.android.com
  3. Install the free SysLog.
  4. Reboot the phone & reproduce the problem(s).
  5. Open Syslog & select logcat, dmesg & last_kmsg. Add some significant keywords in the bottom including in Notes describing the bug & hit Take log.
  6. The individual logs + a .zip of all of them will be saved in /sdcard/Syslog. You must rename them .txt to be able to attach them to an XDA post like logcat.log > logcat_log.txt for example. Or you can choose Share which will .zip them & then you can attach to a post or upload somewhere & link to in your post if the .zip is too big for XDA's attachment service (20 MB max).

Bug Reports & Logs?
If the phone is not rooted you can grant this permission to enable Syslog using ADB (15 seconds ADB Installer) & a computer:
  • adb shell pm grant com.tortel.syslog android.permission.READ_LOGS
You can also install an app like MatLog to analyse the logcat, filter it, search in it, export files etc but Syslog is fast & easy. If not rooted grant permission for MatLog:
  • adb shell pm grant com.pluscubed.matlog android.permission.READ_LOGS

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 13.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Ace II

Contributors
ChronoMonochrome, SergeyL
Source Code: https://github.com/CustomROMs/android_local_manifests_u8500

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP >= 3.2.3 and Stock 4.1.2 ROM installed

Version Information

Created 2019-06-06
Last Updated 2019-06-06

D

Deleted member 6973536

So this ROM will be maintained instead of newer LOS ROMs?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6973536

Ideally, it should be possible to build newer ROMs too, however I want to rework some of device patches before I build higher Android versions.
There's still a plenty of work, so it's likely I'll stick to Android 6.0.1 for now.
Hmm, instead of building many higher Android version, should you stick of one Android and make it fully stable? Like @ace2nutzer with his CM11

thomas.mc.work

Jul 2, 2018
Thank you for that ROM! :good:

Are you interested in bug reports? I've encountered that accessing the external sd card via USB from my computer isn't possible. Android shows sdcard1 two times and seems to be merging all file system contents into each if the items. Pasting large amounts of data (~ 50 GB) has failed. Tell me how I can provide you with more information.

thomas.mc.work

Jul 2, 2018
root included

Is there root included, or is it planned to do so?

-> sorry. Found it in the developer section in the settings.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zYkSW7S.png
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
     * Your warranty is void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Known issues
    • Video camcorder is glitchy
    • Low incall volume
    • Screen recording only works in a 3rd-party apps
    • If found a bug not listed here, feel free to report

Installation
    Upgrading from CyanogenMod / LineageOS without wiping

• For now, a dirty installation over another LineageOS 13.0 builds is not supported. It's highly recommended to proceed the installation with a full wipe.

First time LineageOS 13.0 installation:
    NOTE: These builds aren't supported by Chrono Kernel, please don't install it - more on that in F.A.Q. section.
    • Download and flash a custom kernel from http://xda.mister-freeze.eu/XDA-files/ChronoMonochrome/kernel/temporary_kernel
      (for Galaxy Ace 2 choose temporary_kernel_codina.zip, for S Advance - temporary_kernel_janice.zip). This step is not required if you already have TWRP recovery installed.
    • Reboot into recovery
    • Perform factory reset
    • Flash the Lineage 13.0 zip from SD card
    • Reboot

F.A.Q.
    • Camera start issues?
      I hope I've worked around this issue, however it can be possible that camera refuses to start sometimes.
      In the case this happens, for now there's only solution to wipe data partition.
    • Compatibility with standalone Chrono Kernel?
      These builds aren't supported by Chrono Kernel.
      The reasons for that are some incompatible changes in the ROM, so in order to make ROM maintaining easier, the standalone kernel version was dropped for now, however this can be changed in the future and support can be brought back. For now, please don't report bugs if you have installed it over these builds.
    • It seems like LineageOS 13.0 is quite outdated and unsupported anymore. Any reasons to build / use it?
      It's truth, the currently supported LineageOS versions are 15.1 and 16.0. The reason to return to some older LineageOS builds is a maintaining issues on a such newer Android version as Pie or Oreo. It has become clear I can't support LineageOS 16.0 builds with big amount of hacks used in our builds.
    • Ok, this device development is pretty much dead rather than alive. Why keep it up?
      It's a non-profit project. I like to support especially such an old devices, so no problems if there wouldn't be that much of users.
    • Finally, an unofficial LineageOS 13.0 build was released a long time ago for this device. What is different in these builds?
      Existing LOS builds for this device has a lot of hacks in the source code. With upgrade to a newer Android versions it becomes more and more difficult to support it. I had to reconsider the way some device specific fixes are implemented, so that it should be easier to support it.
      Still, I'm not entirely sure I'm able to get rid of every device hack used, however after some experience gained from I9300 development I feel myself much more confident than before. So that said you won't know if you don't try.

Downloads

Reporting bugs

When reporting reboots, please produce log below as follows
    (using adb or terminal)
    Code:
    su
    cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt
    and attach in this thread.

If reporting another issues
    Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    A rough timestamp of when the issue occurred is also useful.

to quickly & easily capture logcat (Main log), Kernel log (dmesg) & Last Kernel log (last_kmsg which is important in case of unwanted reboot) without using a computer + adb or use a Terminal emulator on the phone:
    1. Root the phone
    2. Developer Options > Store logger data persistently on device > select All. More info about it here on developer.android.com
    3. Install the free SysLog.
    4. Reboot the phone & reproduce the problem(s).
    5. Open Syslog & select logcat, dmesg & last_kmsg. Add some significant keywords in the bottom including in Notes describing the bug & hit Take log.
    6. The individual logs + a .zip of all of them will be saved in /sdcard/Syslog. You must rename them .txt to be able to attach them to an XDA post like logcat.log > logcat_log.txt for example. Or you can choose Share which will .zip them & then you can attach to a post or upload somewhere & link to in your post if the .zip is too big for XDA's attachment service (20 MB max).

Bug Reports & Logs?
    If the phone is not rooted you can grant this permission to enable Syslog using ADB (15 seconds ADB Installer) & a computer:
    • adb shell pm grant com.tortel.syslog android.permission.READ_LOGS
    You can also install an app like MatLog to analyse the logcat, filter it, search in it, export files etc but Syslog is fast & easy. If not rooted grant permission for MatLog:
    • adb shell pm grant com.pluscubed.matlog android.permission.READ_LOGS

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 13.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Ace II

Contributors
    ChronoMonochrome, SergeyL
    Source Code: https://github.com/CustomROMs/android_local_manifests_u8500

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP >= 3.2.3 and Stock 4.1.2 ROM installed

Version Information

Created 2019-06-06
    Last Updated 2019-06-06