Here all my experience of Custom ROMs on the Ace 2 (I8160)

• Thread starter Deleted member 8597022
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 8597022

This may help if you had troubling which Custom ROMs you wanna install for you device. Here some of my experiences on each OS version ROMs that i have tested. Check down below on which Custom ROMs that i have tested.

Android 2.3.6 = Stock, fast from my experience in 2012.

Android 4.1.2 = Stock, Lags and freezing. [because of TouchWiz bloatwares]

Android 4.2.2 = Haven't tried it.

Android 4.3.1 = Haven't tried it.

Android 4.4.4 = Fast and smooth. *Recommended for daily use

Android 5.1.1 = Lags and unusable. *Older builds

Android 6.0.1 = Fast and smooth. *Also good for daily use

Android 7.1.2 = Fast but unusable with Gapps. *Can be use daily but don't

Android 8.1.0 = Fast but stutters on notification bar, recent app, default launcher, etc. *Older builds

Android 8.1 Go = Lags and unusable. *Older builds

Android 9.0.0 = Slow but expected, since it's still in alpha stage.

Some Gapps:
HDPIGapps working fine. :good:
OpenGapps Setup Wizard and a lot of systems app crash constantly for Android 6, 7 & 8.
Haven't tried MicoG yet.

Custom ROMs that I tested:

Android 4.4.4 = LiquidSmooth Rom (iiD4x), CM11 (TeamCanjica), CM11 (Chrono), CM11 (A2N).

Android 5.1.1 = CM12.1 (Straciatella), OmniROM (Chrono).

Android 6.0.1 = UltimateROM (Chrono), LineageOS 13 (SergeyL).

Android 7.1.2 = Resurrection Remix-N (Chrono), LineageOS 14.1 (SergeyL).

Android 8.1.0 = LineageOS 15.1 (SergeyL), LineageOS 15.1 Go Edition (Chrono).

Android 9.0.0 = LineageOS 16 (Chrono).

Currently Using:

-None at the moment-

Last updated: 21 Nov 2018

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 8597022

how did you install the custom recovery?

What do you mean? I just follow the instruction on which custom rom i'll going to install, If you mean like the newer LineageOS 15.1 by SergeyL or Chrono just follow bien2004 instruction LOS15.1 thread on how to install it (it also works with LOS 13/14.1 SergeyL)

PackElend

Feb 11, 2013
So far I've understood that you need to have a custom recovery to install any custom ROM, I might be in a false assumption.
That is the reason why I tried to install TWRP but failed in first attempt see
Hallo,
as I was on stock rom 4.1.2 but wanted to get TWRP do to all the flashing I followed TWRP installation for Galaxy ace 2 but it wasn't mentioned that it only works with Gingerbread <= 2.3.6, so I bricked the phone...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8597022

So far I've understood that you need to have a custom recovery to install any custom ROM, I might be in a false assumption.
That is the reason why I tried to install TWRP but failed in first attempt see

The only way is to install TWRP is using Chrono Kernel which came with TWRP Recovery after installing it.

And the TWRP you trying to install is old which bricks most user.Chrono kernel works with Stock 4.1.2 so no worry:fingers-crossed:

Last edited by a moderator:

PackElend

Feb 11, 2013
I'm sorry but I have to ask again, I don't like to make the above described journey again .
I'm now on 2.3.6. Shall I now flash Chrono Kernel what installes proper TWRP otherwise I don't understand
The only way is to install TWRP is using Chrono Kernel which came with TWRP Recovery after installing it:

D

Deleted member 8597022

I'm sorry but I have to ask again, I don't like to make the above described journey again .
I'm now on 2.3.6. Shall I now flash Chrono Kernel what installes proper TWRP otherwise I don't understand

Chrono Kernel is only work on 4.1.2+, and what I meant by is the kernel itself have an inbuilt TWRP Recovery.You should update your device to jelly bean first before doing this.

D

Deleted member 8597022

the hopefully final question in this matter

Shall I do OTA update or flashing the image as downloading the image from hosting pages takes ages.

Just use Odin it's much easier, if things go wrong you can just flash back to stock (without re downloading it again).Here the links https://updato.com/firmware-archive...xact=1&r=&v=Jelly+Bean(Android+4.1.2)&rpp=100 (better than SamMobile since you need to be premium user to download the older ones and also faster download speed) or you can go here http://www.xda.mister-freeze.eu/XDA-files/ace2nutzer/GT-I8160/Stock_ROM/ (this from a2n server, choose the I8160XXMB4).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 8597022
    This may help if you had troubling which Custom ROMs you wanna install for you device. Here some of my experiences on each OS version ROMs that i have tested. Check down below on which Custom ROMs that i have tested.

Android 2.3.6 = Stock, fast from my experience in 2012.

Android 4.1.2 = Stock, Lags and freezing. [because of TouchWiz bloatwares]

Android 4.2.2 = Haven't tried it.

Android 4.3.1 = Haven't tried it.

Android 4.4.4 = Fast and smooth. *Recommended for daily use

Android 5.1.1 = Lags and unusable. *Older builds

Android 6.0.1 = Fast and smooth. *Also good for daily use

Android 7.1.2 = Fast but unusable with Gapps. *Can be use daily but don't

Android 8.1.0 = Fast but stutters on notification bar, recent app, default launcher, etc. *Older builds

Android 8.1 Go = Lags and unusable. *Older builds

Android 9.0.0 = Slow but expected, since it's still in alpha stage.

Some Gapps:
    HDPIGapps working fine. :good:
    OpenGapps Setup Wizard and a lot of systems app crash constantly for Android 6, 7 & 8.
    Haven't tried MicoG yet.

Custom ROMs that I tested:

Android 4.4.4 = LiquidSmooth Rom (iiD4x), CM11 (TeamCanjica), CM11 (Chrono), CM11 (A2N).

Android 5.1.1 = CM12.1 (Straciatella), OmniROM (Chrono).

Android 6.0.1 = UltimateROM (Chrono), LineageOS 13 (SergeyL).

Android 7.1.2 = Resurrection Remix-N (Chrono), LineageOS 14.1 (SergeyL).

Android 8.1.0 = LineageOS 15.1 (SergeyL), LineageOS 15.1 Go Edition (Chrono).

Android 9.0.0 = LineageOS 16 (Chrono).

Currently Using:

-None at the moment-

Last updated: 21 Nov 2018