FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2019] New Rom for Ace, is anyone interested?

337 posts
Thanks Meter: 62

Post Reply Email Thread
28th September 2019, 06:59 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisco Funes

Ok, i just saw the screenshots and this looks amazing! I like how you made the quicksettings look like nougat! I miss my ace now...

Thank you!
I'll try to do even better so stay subscribed to this thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Mik-el For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mik-el Ad-Free
28th September 2019, 07:01 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 333

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik-el

Thank you!
I'll try to do even better so stay subscribed to this thread

I am already suscribed

Sent from my j5xnlte using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Francisco Funes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Francisco Funes Ad-Free
2nd October 2019, 05:46 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik-el

The rom I used as base to develop this rom was very similar to stocklite v8. You can try my rom and let me know if you like the improvement

I tried your ROM. Nice work! Your rom was fast and stable and had a decent startup time. Maybe I will change to your ROM once its fully functional, because I like using the fm radio of my ace. Also the gallery did not work properly. But the rest worked fine (Camera, Wifi, etc.)

You said, that your ROM is based on a ROM, that is very similar to stocklite. Which one?

I tried via browser earlier on stocklite. It is a nice browser with a small memory footprint, but it does not render all websites correctly and sometimes fails to make a connection with a server. Just try accessing this very site using via. Surprisingly, youtube works on your ROM in via but not on stocklite.
The Following User Says Thank You to GT-I9515 csual user For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GT-I9515 csual user Ad-Free
3rd October 2019, 10:03 PM |#104  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
New clarifications
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-I9515 csual user

I tried your ROM. Nice work! Your rom was fast and stable
[...]

Wow! Thanks for the review!

Quote:

Maybe I will change to your ROM once its fully functional, because I like using the fm radio of my ace.

I completely forgot about the fmradio! No problem, I can add it.
Which fmradio app do you like the most?

Quote:

Also the gallery did not work properly. But the rest worked fine (Camera, Wifi, etc.)

The gallery bug is already solved for the next release!
Another user reported problems with the camera, but not you luckily. Anyway another camera app with more settings is included in the next release.

Quote:

I tried via browser earlier on stocklite. It is a nice browser with a small memory footprint, but it does not render all websites correctly and sometimes fails to make a connection with a server. Just try accessing this very site using via. Surprisingly, youtube works on your ROM in via but not on stocklite.

I don't know what can cause the youtube problem on stocklite. I'm happy it works on my rom!
Via can have more bugs on Android 2.3 since this OS is used by fewer people nowday.
Anyway we can't lose this fantastic browser for all Android 2.3 devices!
I advice you (and the whole xda community) to keep requesting support and bugfixing for Via on Android 2.3
To do this:

Send a mail to Via developer---> [lakor]****[at]****[foxmail]****[.com]
Object---> Android 2.3 support
Message--->Kindly describe your error or just encourage the developer to still support Android 2.3
Attachement--->If necessary you can attach a logcat (tutorial)

Quote:

had a decent startup time.

The slower startup time is intentional!
I optimized the apps of my rom through a process called odexing (not so easy to do on 2.3). Now apps run faster (without increasing cpu usage!) but the rom weight a few Mbs more and the startup time.
To avoid these 2 drawback I used a super light bootscreen and I odexed just the most used apps. For instance the same Via Browser is more responsive on my rom than any other rom. Nothing is casual

Quote:

You said, that your ROM is based on a ROM, that is very similar to stocklite. Which one?

You can find the link in this thread. Anyway you won't get improvements from it. It's a dead rom, the apps are not so lightweight, updated and optimized like mines. Moreover in the next updates of my rom you'll find exclusive feaures like music controls from lockscreen and notification panel, new apps, and some new optimizations for performance!
4th October 2019, 10:35 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm glad I decided to look into the Ace development stuff. My main phone broke recently so I decided to give my old Ace a look, as I still had it in a drawer fully functional. I've now got this installed, and it runs so smooth! I'm definitely excited to see the next update!
The Following User Says Thank You to jaspernv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jaspernv Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom rom, gingerbread, s5830, samsung cooper, samsung galaxy ace

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)