[Q] Small, lightweight rom

Search This thread

Thomasvdijk

Feb 6, 2013
Schaijk
Hi there,

My ACE has CWM-based recovery v5.0.2.6 and, I think, Mokee OS from MFunz. That's what it says when starting.
Whith Facebook, Whatsapp, email(liteversion of outlook.com) and a browser for internet the phone has not enough memory.
I use a SD card for storage and App2sd.
There are a lot of apps that came with this ROM that I don't use or can not be replaced.

I'm now looking for a custom ROM that uses only a small part of te memory.
I want to be able to use WiFi, Bleutooth and GPS.

What is the smallest stable ROM in memory size?

D

Deleted member 5617821

Hi there,

My ACE has CWM-based recovery v5.0.2.6 and, I think, Mokee OS from MFunz. That's what it says when starting.
Whith Facebook, Whatsapp, email(liteversion of outlook.com) and a browser for internet the phone has not enough memory.
There are a lot of apps that came with this ROM that I don't use or can not be replaced.

Try the following rom,

AOSP GingerBread 2.3.7 for Cooper

Make sure to use the Data Connection and USB Mass Storage fix, if you ever want to use them (check the thread). Hope I Helped :)

sharingan

May 30, 2013
Hi there,

you can give cm 9 by mr@rhievaldo a try it is a good fast cm 9 rom small in size with good ram management and app2sd and cronmod works with it

Thomasvdijk

Feb 6, 2013
Schaijk
@ Mahithm
This Rom works fine. Only one thing: there i now sound when I receive a call.
When I try to set the ringtone the proces is stooped(proces com.android.settings)
Do you know how to fix this?

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A6
@ Mahithm
When I try to set the ringtone the proces is stooped(proces com.android.settings)

Try to put your desired files (.ogg) from /system/media/ringtones or /notifications into /sdcard/ringtones or /sdcard/notifications and then reboot. Maybe it's a momentary possible fix. Or select your desired file using your own file browser and set it manually

BTW you can use this rom A special slim masterpiece by V0-1 ;) + CM 7 GAPPS

I remember it was amazing and ringtones worked good ;)

Last edited:

Thomasvdijk

Feb 6, 2013
Schaijk
Thanks.
I don't understand what your saying about putting files somewhere and rebooting.:confused:
Therefore I will try the other ROM you mentioned.

I will post the result here.

D

Deleted member 5617821

@ Mahithm

I never had such problem while using this rom. Make sure it not in the Silent Mode or that the volume is down. Try choosing a ringtone available in the phone. If none of this works, then do a factory reset from CWM. You can also follow what @Viper The Ripper suggested :)