Remove All Ads from XDA

Firmware for Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By dmackay, Junior Member on 10th November 2019, 11:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey Everyone,
I just got my 1st "Smartphone" ....
Not Quite what I was Hoping for .. With all the Preinstalled Apps which are not much value to me...

Gotta be something better than what's installed - So I Appreciate ALL THE HELP I CAN GET, Thanking you ALL in Advance...

I Do Not Want a Phone to "Activate with a Service Plan" but something to:
*Connect to WiFi
*Install a couple of Apks/Apps? - like Hangouts, Google Voice, etc... Something to Connect to Hotspots and make some free calls/ texts/ and maybe a bit of Surfing...
*Something with a Virtual (Canadian) # if Possible too!

So I think the 1st Thing is to get rid of all the Clutter to make this "Smartphone"- WORK FOR ME.

Please, if you can offer some Suggestions, (Detailed Instructions Please) ...on What to Install and HOW?
I've watched a few Videos and I seem to have TROUBLE with ALMOST EVERYTHING... KIES and ODIN - can't validate or something...

When Plugged into my Desktop... I Don't seem to be getting anywhere with that!- Though I thought I downloaded a couple of Windows Updates.

I don't know how to COPY/download a Program/APP- onto an SD CARD and RUN/Install it on the Smartphone -
Don't know how to Delete my Downloads, other than Wiping it with the Hard Reset.
No Idea about Rooting...?!

Please, Lets Get Started... Here some of the SPECS:

PLATFORM
OS Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread)
Chipset Qualcomm MSM7227 Snapdragon S1
CPU 800 MHz ARM 11
GPU Adreno 200

Any other Information needed? (I'll try to keep up with this post)
27th November 2019, 01:30 AM |#2  
Flag Rieti
Thanks Meter: 344

More
I suggest to throw it in the trash a buy a used one with at least android 6. Bye

Inviato dal mio COL-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)