FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][VIDEO TUT]☆☆ Methods for Restoring IMEI ☆☆

1,872 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,474
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Guys here i am explaining different types of Methods for restoring IMEI number , as many of the users has to face these type of problem so try it out one of the Method .
So Let's get Started
Quote:

1. Restoring by Flashing Kernel's

While flashing Rom's your IMEI number goes , so just after that flash any Custom Kernel and IMEI number gets back.( it works in 10/7)

Quote:

2. Going back to Stock ROM via ODIN

Yes, by flashing Stock Rom with wipes your IMEI number gets back.

Quote:

3.By HEX EDITOR Method

Here i have made a special Video for you Guys who does't understand how to use Hex WorkShop so just watch these video .

Quote:

Note:By following Above listed Methods your IMEI number get restore , but if someone's not getting than i don't have any other solution or you have to give it to Service Center

I hope these Thread you will found Help full

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hitesh2626 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hitesh2626 Ad-Free
 
 
2nd July 2014, 02:37 PM |#2  
Vishnu pv's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag God's Own Country
Thanks Meter: 2,089
 
More
Very useful guide bro Great
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vishnu pv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vishnu pv Ad-Free
6th July 2014, 07:45 AM |#3  
The odin thing works for me, but if i install the rom, imei goes again. I downloaded hex editor. Took backup with galaxy toolbox. Copied the backup to pc. Opened it with hex editor. Typed 0x80000. Then surprisingly, my imei is already there. There is no need for me to type it. But when i save and restore, there is no imei again. What's going wrong?

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Tapatalk
6th July 2014, 08:41 AM |#4  
Hitesh2626's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag ☆◢Mumbai◣☆
Thanks Meter: 1,474
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suarezian

The odin thing works for me, but if i install the rom, imei goes again. I downloaded hex editor. Took backup with galaxy toolbox. Copied the backup to pc. Opened it with hex editor. Typed 0x80000. Then surprisingly, my imei is already there. There is no need for me to type it. But when i save and restore, there is no imei again. What's going wrong?

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Tapatalk

Try to flash Custom Kernel then .
The Following User Says Thank You to Hitesh2626 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hitesh2626 Ad-Free
6th July 2014, 09:44 AM |#5  
Yes. It worked. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Tapatalk
31st July 2014, 03:47 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Hi i tried abosultly everything untill you posted in that thread i was here all day trying to fix the problem and then i seen your hex editing guide and was fixed in minutes oh my god! Thank you for this great guide my little brother and mum will be very happy now she wont have to buy him a new phone! Thanks so much you have no idea!
31st July 2014, 05:21 AM |#7  
Hitesh2626's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag ☆◢Mumbai◣☆
Thanks Meter: 1,474
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugsBunny

Hi i tried abosultly everything untill you posted in that thread i was here all day trying to fix the problem and then i seen your hex editing guide and was fixed in minutes oh my god! Thank you for this great guide my little brother and mum will be very happy now she wont have to buy him a new phone! Thanks so much you have no idea!

Welcome buddy , happy to help you
The Following User Says Thank You to Hitesh2626 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hitesh2626 Ad-Free
25th August 2014, 02:51 PM |#8  
cyrax.net's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for your reply in other thread and pointing me here.

As listed in my question, I have tried suggestion 1 - After flashing [ROM] TouchWiz-Resurrection V9.5 [08/03/2014] , which I lost IMEI. Then I flashed kernel
[DEV][KERNEL][2.6.35.7] ThunderKernel 2.2 [UPDATE 10/07/2014]

Still no IMEI.

Method 3, hex editor does not work. .save file in Galaxy backup already has correct IMEI but phone still does not show IMEI.

Is there any other Kernel you recommend? I tried Rafael kernal 2.6.35-7 also but this bricked the phone so had to remove it.
25th August 2014, 10:03 PM |#9  
cyrax.net's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Arrow
I solved my issue by flashing kernel again...see...

my post
26th August 2014, 02:38 AM |#10  
Hitesh2626's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag ☆◢Mumbai◣☆
Thanks Meter: 1,474
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrax.net

Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for your reply in other thread and pointing me here.

As listed in my question, I have tried suggestion 1 - After flashing [ROM] TouchWiz-Resurrection V9.5 [08/03/2014] , which I lost IMEI. Then I flashed kernel
[DEV][KERNEL][2.6.35.7] ThunderKernel 2.2 [UPDATE 10/07/2014]

Still no IMEI.

Method 3, hex editor does not work. .save file in Galaxy backup already has correct IMEI but phone still does not show IMEI.

Is there any other Kernel you recommend? I tried Rafael kernal 2.6.35-7 also but this bricked the phone so had to remove it.

Thunder kernel wont boot with these rom so go for Rafael's.
7th September 2014, 11:30 AM |#11  
Miche1asso's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Treviso
Thanks Meter: 502
 
More
I am setting up the Ace I of my niece. I came from the latest Italian stock ROM, after messing up with CM11 Aug 30 (which gets stuck at boot). So I re-flashed the stock ROM with ODIN, installed Raf kernel (w/o modules) and I lost the IMEI: Installed the modules still no IMEI. Now I just installed the Thunderbolt "stock" kernel and the IMEI reappeared.

It must be noticed that Galaxy Tool with Raf kernel did show the IMEI in both the UI "show device" option and in the EFS file (and so there was no way to edit it). It was just the kernel unable to read it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes