[GUIDE][VIDEO TUT]☆☆ Methods for Restoring IMEI ☆☆

1,872 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,474

Post Reply Email Thread
7th September 2014, 11:30 AM |#11  
Flag Treviso
Thanks Meter: 502

More
I am setting up the Ace I of my niece. I came from the latest Italian stock ROM, after messing up with CM11 Aug 30 (which gets stuck at boot). So I re-flashed the stock ROM with ODIN, installed Raf kernel (w/o modules) and I lost the IMEI: Installed the modules still no IMEI. Now I just installed the Thunderbolt "stock" kernel and the IMEI reappeared.

It must be noticed that Galaxy Tool with Raf kernel did show the IMEI in both the UI "show device" option and in the EFS file (and so there was no way to edit it). It was just the kernel unable to read it.

8th August 2015, 08:50 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I tried to edit IMEI for my Galaxy Note 3(Tmobile N900T).

The thing is , I back up the efs with EFS IMEI backup ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...anam.efs&hl=en ). It generates img, tar or tar.gz file. I chose img to edit.... when I search 0x80000 in Hex workshop, that line has a different title 0007FFE9 and doesn't have the IMEI info, there are 00 and FF.......

So what should I do to find my IMEI?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ??20150808154623.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	3432728  
6th October 2015, 05:57 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhlragnarok

The thing is , I back up the efs with EFS IMEI backup ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...anam.efs&hl=en ). It generates img, tar or tar.gz file. I chose img to edit.... when I search 0x80000 in Hex workshop, that line has a different title 0007FFE9 and doesn't have the IMEI info, there are 00 and FF.......

I am on Galaxy S3 i9300 and see what you're seeing. My IMEI has changed somehow and I need to set it back to the original which is printed on the phone. Have tried every solution I can find without success. This seemed promising. Is there another offset we have to type?
16th March 2016, 11:32 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I can't find imei inform in img file !
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhlragnarok

I have note 4 n910T and can't find imei when searching 0x80000 in EFS backup img file.
Are you able to find it ? any help ?
19th May 2016, 11:49 AM |#15  
Flag Yamuna nagar
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thanks... Your hex editor method saved my time and money

Sent from my GT-S5830i
16th October 2016, 04:10 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadajada

I am on Galaxy S3 i9300 and see what you're seeing. My IMEI has changed somehow and I need to set it back to the original which is printed on the phone. Have tried every solution I can find without success. This seemed promising. Is there another offset we have to type?

I had a official Rom 4.4.4 with my samsung korean phone before, i flashed a custom rom then my IMEI-Null, Basband-UNKNOWN, No network. So i try to make it back, i flashed so many patch files according to tutorials on internet. finally my phone bricked i think. i couldnt open even custom recovery. Samsung kies didnt help too, how ever i could open download mode, So i flashed latest korean offical Rom" E210SKSUKNI3_E210SSKTKNI3_E210SKSUKNI3_HOME.tar.md 5" using odin. so again i could switch on my phone, then i found my shv-e210s IMEI has changed to new one.my phone back side imei is another one and its original imei. when i insert SIM it show" no service" and network "Unknown" , when i remove SIM it show " limited service" and i can make emgency call simple, and it show some local network providers names, its mean my phone get signals without SIM card and can make emergency calls. Can anyone suggest a method to solve this . if this imei changed by flash files, so it should able to change back to original by another file right?
26th November 2016, 09:20 AM |#17  
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitesh2626

Hi Guys here i am explaining different types of Methods for restoring IMEI number , as many of the users has to face these type of problem so try it out one of the Method .
So Let's get Started

Hitesh i lost my one IMEI slot 2 in OnePlus 2
It is showing 0
will this work on my device also??
any help would be appreciated..
26th November 2016, 09:30 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag ☆◢Mumbai◣☆

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashu01

Hitesh i lost my one IMEI slot 2 in OnePlus 2
It is showing 0
will this work on my device also??
any help would be appreciated..

Sorry brother but i don't have any idea about OP2 , give a try but before giving try to flash stock rom and check whether it is showing or not if not then try these method
15th November 2017, 02:05 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Hi Guys here i am explaining different types of Methods for restoring IMEI number , as many of the users has to face these type of problem so try it out one of the Method .
So Let's get Started

Hi bro,do you have any idea how to find imei from a twrp backup file?
file names are efs1.emmc.win,efs2.emmc.win,efsc.emmc.win tried to rename it to efs1.tar or efs1.img but didnt work
15th November 2017, 02:07 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag ☆◢Mumbai◣☆

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by holaamigo

Hi bro,do you have any idea how to find imei from a twrp backup file?
file names are efs1.emmc.win,efs2.emmc.win,efsc.emmc.win tried to rename it to efs1.tar or efs1.img but didnt work

Never tried bro.. can't help !

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
27th March 2019, 12:14 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

So Let's get Started

Hi

I am using SM-N9500 samsung note 8 hongkong model, i frequently change the roms.. but last time i tried to install a custom rom and then i lost IMEI. i am getting error like IMEI-unknown, baseband- unknown, no network and sim cards not working..

i tried installing stock rom, custom roms and even tried combination firmware, it is installing successfully but IMEI is not working. i didnt even back up my EFS folder. So, kindly help me to get back my IMEI.

please find below link to see all the procedures i followed and failed. kindly help me to restore my IMEI.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...9jM_I0ZlfkgpkA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)