[GUIDE][VIDEO TUT]☆☆ Methods for Restoring IMEI ☆☆

Search This thread

Hitesh2626

Feb 18, 2013
☆◢Mumbai◣☆
www.askandroid.in
Hi Guys here i am explaining different types of Methods for restoring IMEI number , as many of the users has to face these type of problem so try it out one of the Method .
So Let's get Started
1. Restoring by Flashing Kernel's

While flashing Rom's your IMEI number goes , so just after that flash any Custom Kernel and IMEI number gets back.( it works in 10/7)
2. Going back to Stock ROM via ODIN

Yes, by flashing Stock Rom with wipes your IMEI number gets back.

3.By HEX EDITOR Method

Here i have made a special Video for you Guys who does't understand how to use Hex WorkShop so just watch these video .
Note:By following Above listed Methods your IMEI number get restore , but if someone's not getting than i don't have any other solution or you have to give it to Service Center:fingers-crossed:

I hope these Thread you will found Help full
:)

Last edited:

Suarezian

Jun 18, 2012
Mumbai
The odin thing works for me, but if i install the rom, imei goes again. I downloaded hex editor. Took backup with galaxy toolbox. Copied the backup to pc. Opened it with hex editor. Typed 0x80000. Then surprisingly, my imei is already there. There is no need for me to type it. But when i save and restore, there is no imei again. What's going wrong?

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Tapatalk

Hitesh2626

Feb 18, 2013
☆◢Mumbai◣☆
www.askandroid.in
The odin thing works for me, but if i install the rom, imei goes again. I downloaded hex editor. Took backup with galaxy toolbox. Copied the backup to pc. Opened it with hex editor. Typed 0x80000. Then surprisingly, my imei is already there. There is no need for me to type it. But when i save and restore, there is no imei again. What's going wrong?

Try to flash Custom Kernel then .

Reactions: Suarezian

DrugsBunny

Jan 29, 2012
Hi i tried abosultly everything untill you posted in that thread i was here all day trying to fix the problem and then i seen your hex editing guide and was fixed in minutes oh my god! Thank you for this great guide my little brother and mum will be very happy now she wont have to buy him a new phone! Thanks so much you have no idea!

Hitesh2626

Feb 18, 2013
☆◢Mumbai◣☆
www.askandroid.in
Hi i tried abosultly everything untill you posted in that thread i was here all day trying to fix the problem and then i seen your hex editing guide and was fixed in minutes oh my god! Thank you for this great guide my little brother and mum will be very happy now she wont have to buy him a new phone! Thanks so much you have no idea!

Welcome buddy , happy to help you :)

Reactions: akhilkumarco007

cyrax.net

Jul 23, 2008
London
Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for your reply in other thread and pointing me here.

As listed in my question, I have tried suggestion 1 - After flashing [ROM] TouchWiz-Resurrection V9.5 [08/03/2014] , which I lost IMEI. Then I flashed kernel
[DEV][KERNEL][2.6.35.7] ThunderKernel 2.2 [UPDATE 10/07/2014]

Still no IMEI.

Method 3, hex editor does not work. .save file in Galaxy backup already has correct IMEI but phone still does not show IMEI.

Is there any other Kernel you recommend? I tried Rafael kernal 2.6.35-7 also but this bricked the phone so had to remove it.

Hitesh2626

Feb 18, 2013
☆◢Mumbai◣☆
www.askandroid.in
Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for your reply in other thread and pointing me here.

As listed in my question, I have tried suggestion 1 - After flashing [ROM] TouchWiz-Resurrection V9.5 [08/03/2014] , which I lost IMEI. Then I flashed kernel
[DEV][KERNEL][2.6.35.7] ThunderKernel 2.2 [UPDATE 10/07/2014]

Still no IMEI.

Method 3, hex editor does not work. .save file in Galaxy backup already has correct IMEI but phone still does not show IMEI.

Is there any other Kernel you recommend? I tried Rafael kernal 2.6.35-7 also but this bricked the phone so had to remove it.

Thunder kernel wont boot with these rom so go for Rafael's.

Miche1asso

Apr 11, 2012
Treviso
I am setting up the Ace I of my niece. I came from the latest Italian stock ROM, after messing up with CM11 Aug 30 (which gets stuck at boot). So I re-flashed the stock ROM with ODIN, installed Raf kernel (w/o modules) and I lost the IMEI: Installed the modules still no IMEI. Now I just installed the Thunderbolt "stock" kernel and the IMEI reappeared.

It must be noticed that Galaxy Tool with Raf kernel did show the IMEI in both the UI "show device" option and in the EFS file (and so there was no way to edit it). It was just the kernel unable to read it.

hhlragnarok

Jan 21, 2010
I tried to edit IMEI for my Galaxy Note 3(Tmobile N900T).

The thing is , I back up the efs with EFS IMEI backup ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ma.wanam.efs&hl=en ). It generates img, tar or tar.gz file. I chose img to edit.... when I search 0x80000 in Hex workshop, that line has a different title 0007FFE9 and doesn't have the IMEI info, there are 00 and FF.......

So what should I do to find my IMEI?

Last edited:

jadajada

Jul 5, 2007

The thing is , I back up the efs with EFS IMEI backup ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ma.wanam.efs&hl=en ). It generates img, tar or tar.gz file. I chose img to edit.... when I search 0x80000 in Hex workshop, that line has a different title 0007FFE9 and doesn't have the IMEI info, there are 00 and FF.......

I am on Galaxy S3 i9300 and see what you're seeing. My IMEI has changed somehow and I need to set it back to the original which is printed on the phone. Have tried every solution I can find without success. This seemed promising. Is there another offset we have to type?

Reactions: fridianto

leepc

Apr 19, 2011
I can't find imei inform in img file !

I have note 4 n910T and can't find imei when searching 0x80000 in EFS backup img file.
Are you able to find it ? any help ?

Greshanka

Oct 16, 2016
I am on Galaxy S3 i9300 and see what you're seeing. My IMEI has changed somehow and I need to set it back to the original which is printed on the phone. Have tried every solution I can find without success. This seemed promising. Is there another offset we have to type?
I had a official Rom 4.4.4 with my samsung korean phone before, i flashed a custom rom then my IMEI-Null, Basband-UNKNOWN, No network. So i try to make it back, i flashed so many patch files according to tutorials on internet. finally my phone bricked i think. i couldnt open even custom recovery. Samsung kies didnt help too, how ever i could open download mode, So i flashed latest korean offical Rom" E210SKSUKNI3_E210SSKTKNI3_E210SKSUKNI3_HOME.tar.md5" using odin. so again i could switch on my phone, then i found my shv-e210s IMEI has changed to new one.my phone back side imei is another one and its original imei. when i insert SIM it show" no service" and network "Unknown" , when i remove SIM it show " limited service" and i can make emgency call simple, and it show some local network providers names, its mean my phone get signals without SIM card and can make emergency calls. Can anyone suggest a method to solve this . if this imei changed by flash files, so it should able to change back to original by another file right?

ashu01

Apr 16, 2012
Chandigarh
Hi Guys here i am explaining different types of Methods for restoring IMEI number , as many of the users has to face these type of problem so try it out one of the Method .
So Let's get Started

Hitesh i lost my one IMEI slot 2 in OnePlus 2
It is showing 0
will this work on my device also??
any help would be appreciated..

holaamigo

Nov 14, 2017
So Let's get Started
Hi bro,do you have any idea how to find imei from a twrp backup file?
file names are efs1.emmc.win,efs2.emmc.win,efsc.emmc.win tried to rename it to efs1.tar or efs1.img but didnt work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So Let's get Started
    1. Restoring by Flashing Kernel's

While flashing Rom's your IMEI number goes , so just after that flash any Custom Kernel and IMEI number gets back.( it works in 10/7)
    2. Going back to Stock ROM via ODIN

Yes, by flashing Stock Rom with wipes your IMEI number gets back.

3.By HEX EDITOR Method

Here i have made a special Video for you Guys who does't understand how to use Hex WorkShop so just watch these video .
    Note:By following Above listed Methods your IMEI number get restore , but if someone's not getting than i don't have any other solution or you have to give it to Service Center:fingers-crossed:

I hope these Thread you will found Help full
    :)
    Very useful guide bro :) Great :good:

Try to flash Custom Kernel then .

Welcome buddy , happy to help you :)