FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][EXYNOS] TWRP 3.1.1 (SM-G850F) - UPDATE: 2017-11-30

1,398 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,389
 
By modpunk, Recognized Contributor on 6th November 2014, 04:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is the thread for the TWRP 3.0 recovery for Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850F). The recovery uses a kernel built from the Samsung sources with root prevention disabled. It is fully working but still be careful and make backups!

DOWNLOAD

XDA:DevDB Information
recovery_twrp_slte, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Contributors
modpunk
Source Code: http://git.cryptomilk.org/projects/a...sung_slte.git/


Version Information
Status: Stable
Current Stable Version: 3.1.1-2
Stable Release Date: 2017-11-30

Created 2014-11-06
Last Updated 2017-11-30
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to modpunk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift modpunk Ad-Free
 
 
6th November 2014, 04:54 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,389
 
Donate to Me
More
CHANGELOG

2017-01-26
  • Some bug fixes
  • Supports sltexx, slte and slteskt

2016-02-13
  • Update to version 3.0.0-0
  • Cleaned up device tree
  • Nicer fonts

2015-09-02
  • Set SELinux to permissive mode on boot

2015-09-01
  • MTP and ADB Support
  • Improved UI with better fonts

2014-11-10
  • USB OTG support (backup to external usb drive)

2014-11-06
  • Initial release
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modpunk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift modpunk Ad-Free
6th November 2014, 08:44 PM |#3  
neofral's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Thanks for your work. Glad to you in our device forum.
1 question, does your recovery include support for usb otg? In other words is it possible to backup/restore from usb flash drive?
7th November 2014, 07:21 AM |#4  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,389
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofral

Thanks for your work. Glad to you in our device forum.
1 question, does your recovery include support for usb otg? In other words is it possible to backup/restore from usb flash drive?

I haven't tested it. Does TWRP support this by default? If yes then we should get it working ...

P.S.: I've ordered a USB OTG cable now ...
The Following User Says Thank You to modpunk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift modpunk Ad-Free
7th November 2014, 09:51 AM |#5  
neofral's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by modpunk

I haven't tested it. Does TWRP support this by default? If yes then we should get it working ...

P.S.: I've ordered a USB OTG cable now ...

officially yes. check it out here http://teamw.in/project/twrp2
7th November 2014, 09:53 AM |#6  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,389
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofral

officially yes. check it out here http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

OK. It doesn't work cause USB_OTG is not compiled in the kernel. The question is if the SoC has a USB OTG controller...
7th November 2014, 10:01 AM |#7  
neofral's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by modpunk

Please try it. I will investigate once I got the USB OTG cable.

i just tried. the drive is listed as sd card. it has 0MB available even though my usb drive is an empty 32 gb drive formatted with fat32. when i select it for the backup, the selection goes dimm for couple of seconds and comes back back without it being selected and no error message.

by the way, is it possible to do a screenshot with TWRP?
7th November 2014, 12:31 PM |#8  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,389
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofral

i just tried. the drive is listed as sd card. it has 0MB available even though my usb drive is an empty 32 gb drive formatted with fat32. when i select it for the backup, the selection goes dimm for couple of seconds and comes back back without it being selected and no error message.

by the way, is it possible to do a screenshot with TWRP?

The /sdcard folder is normally pointing to /data/media/0.
7th November 2014, 12:36 PM |#9  
neofral's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by modpunk

The /sdcard folder is normally pointing to /data/media/0.

can you change it to point to mnt/UsbDriveA?
this is the path where i see the usb drive via root explorer
EIDT: i have Xperia V device with latest TWRP, i did a backup and restore without any glitches
7th November 2014, 12:42 PM |#10  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,389
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofral

can you change it to point to mnt/UsbDriveA?
this is the path where i see the usb drive via root explorer
EIDT: i have Xperia V device with latest TWRP, i did a backup and restore without any glitches

Looking at the ROM it should be /storage/UsbDriveA maybe we need to create that folder first ...

Maybe you can test this. Boot into recovery, connect to it with 'adb shell' or use twrp terminal and create the directory "/storage/UsbDriveA". Then attach the usb drive.
7th November 2014, 12:58 PM |#11  
neofral's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by modpunk

Looking at the ROM it should be /storage/UsbDriveA maybe we need to create that folder first ...

Maybe you can test this. Boot into recovery, connect to it with 'adb shell' or use twrp terminal and create the directory "/storage/UsbDriveA". Then attach the usb drive.

didn't work. couldn't connect with adb shell when on recovery (maybe not correct drivers insatlled). when creating /storage/UsbDriveA, attached usb drive and it's empty and doesn't list the drive in the storage options.
however, when browsing with root explorer a folder like that already exists
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes