LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * */
This ROM does not work with Exynos variant (SM-G850F) nor a locked bootloader (SM-G850A).
- Make sure that your SM-G850W has the Lollipop bootloader and modem (The last installed stock ROM must be 5.0.2).
- Flash TWRP recovery via Odin.
- Use Odin without 'Auto Reboot' option.
- After flashing TWRP via Odin, reboot to TWRP recovery (Vol UP + Home + Power). Don't reboot to the stock image which restores the stock recovery.
- Boot to TWRP recovery (Vol UP + Home + Power).
- Optional: Wipe data / Factory Reset
- Install the ROM (Lineage zip).
- Install the Google Apps (OpenGapps).
- Optional: Install Magisk to get root.
LineageOS 17.1: lineage-17.1-20201108-UNOFFICIAL-sltecan.zip
Recommended Bootloader/Modem: G850WVLU1BPG1_G850WVLU1BPG1_bootmodem.tar
[ROM][SM-G850W][sltecan] LineageOS 17.1 UNOFFICIAL for the Galaxy Alpha (S801), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha
kyasu, LineageOS Devs
ROM OS Version: Android 10
Last Updated 2020-11-08