FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[CWM][TWRP-2.8.3.0][PhilZ] Galaxy K Zoom SM-C115

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 9
 
By gaddmann, Junior Member on 20th December 2014, 10:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello to all!
This's my first theat at XDA.
I've just ported CWM, TWRP ,PhilZ recoveries from Note 3 Neo, because it's using same hardware exynos5260 and I think there is no need for now to be builded specially for this device.
All recoveries working without issues.
Possibly to work with other models C111, C116 etc.
  • CWM 6.0.5.1
  • PhilZ Recovery 6.56.2(CWM 6.0.5.1)
  • TWRP 2.8.0.0
  • TWRP 2.8.3.0 - new 12/23/2014

Quick flashing guide!!!
- Install Samsung drivers - download
- Download ODIN flasher 3.09 - download
- Dowload your desired recovery
- Load recovery tar on PDA section
- Then flash from START button
- That's it!!!

If you find any bugs, please report.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gaddmann For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gaddmann Ad-Free
 
 
28th December 2014, 06:47 AM |#2  
Ouya-XD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddmann

Hello to all!
This's my first theat at XDA.
I've just ported CWM, TWRP ,PhilZ recoveries from Note 3 Neo, because it's using same hardware exynos5260 and I think there is no need for now to be builded specially for this device.
All recoveries working without issues.
Possibly to work with other models C111, C116 etc.

  • CWM 6.0.5.1
  • TWRP 2.8.0.0
  • PhilZ Recovery 6.56.2(CWM 6.0.5.1)

Quick flashing guide!!!
- Install Samsung drivers - download
- Download ODIN flasher 3.09 - download
- Dowload your desired recovery
- Load recovery tar on PDA section
- Then flash from START button
- That's it!!!

If you find any bugs, please report.

There's other methods of Flashing it.

This Also rises the question, Note 3 Neo ROMs working on the Galaxy Camera.

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Ouya-XD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ouya-XD Ad-Free
28th December 2014, 08:58 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouya-XD

There's other methods of Flashing it.

This Also rises the question, Note 3 Neo ROMs working on the Galaxy Camera.

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA Free mobile app

Yes you're right there's other easily methods.
I think Note 3 Neo ROMs will work but needed to be ported.
28th December 2014, 10:56 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hey ,
I tried n installed philz recovery latest on my galaxy core duos - I8262.

But it gets stuck on boot loop or recovery loop.
I really need to install a custom rom .so please help me.i did xactly like d tutorial.
29th December 2014, 12:52 AM |#5  
Ouya-XD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklor

Hey ,
I tried n installed philz recovery latest on my galaxy core duos - I8262.

But it gets stuck on boot loop or recovery loop.
I really need to install a custom rom .so please help me.i did xactly like d tutorial.

You're in the wrong device section as well, it's built for the Zoom, & Galaxy Camera 1, & 2.

The code couldn't properly transfer to the Galaxy Core Duos unless you forced it through Odin.
If you did that, and you obtained the files from here then you're stranded in your own boat.

You need to Unbrick via your devices section, & install CWM/TWRP.

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA Free mobile app
2nd January 2015, 04:55 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thank you
6th January 2015, 10:27 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Thumbs up Good Work
Awesome thanks !!!
Each one working without problem
16th January 2015, 06:13 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I does not work on my K Zoom. Root was no problem.
I tried to flash via Odin und from SD Card. I tried Philz and TWRP 2.8.3.0
After flashing the phone reboots normal.
I tried to flash the stock recovery. But this also does not work. I can not boot in recovery.
I need Help!
27th March 2015, 07:18 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
It does not work :(
After uploading TWRP or Philz Recovery - remains stocks recovery (3e)
KOT49H.C115XXU1BNF1


!!! Now it's ok, I had to first upload "Tim_KZoom_KatAutoRootV3.tar.md5" and the second "PhilZ-Recovery-Samsung-Galaxy-K-Zoom".

Greetings to all. Chris
17th May 2015, 07:14 PM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Question
Hello,

First of all, thanks for all the jobs done within this communauty.

I have a new Samsung K Zoom with build KOT49H.C115XXU1BNF1, and I would like to root it due to a limitation that non build in apps cannot write on the SD card (was not the case with my previous S2)
After googling, I found your post that looks like it will answer my needs to root the device.
However, I don't understand what are the goals of all the recovery files listed? Should I use all of them one after the other to simply root the device?

Many thanks in advanced for your help
19th May 2015, 06:02 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
Donate to Me
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyrocco

Hello,

First of all, thanks for all the jobs done within this communauty.

I have a new Samsung K Zoom with build KOT49H.C115XXU1BNF1, and I would like to root it due to a limitation that non build in apps cannot write on the SD card (was not the case with my previous S2)
After googling, I found your post that looks like it will answer my needs to root the device.
However, I don't understand what are the goals of all the recovery files listed? Should I use all of them one after the other to simply root the device?

Many thanks in advanced for your help

Hi,
Just root your K zoom with thread from xda.
Then just flash recovery from my thread doesn't matter which you will flash.
Actually everyone has the different taste some likes TWRP some CWM and for thus I was posted 3 recoveries but I suggest you to use TWRP because it's more touch friendly than CWM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy-k-zoom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes